need help, I got my wife hooked on cycling

tottenham21

Nov 12, 2011
Hello everyone just need some opinions and or advise on this: I just started cycling last year and have really taken to it, I really do love everything cycling related, so much that it has rubbed on my wife as well and now I'm gonna buy her a road bike which she will ride everyday to commute to work( total 4miles round trip) and to go on regular rides with me on the weekends, so we got $1,000 to spend but I can't make up which is better between Fuji, trek, specialize or cannondale, or shwinn what do you all think...

The one that has the best color scheme for her, otherwise just get a good fit and the best components offered for the best deal. Seriously , female= color of bike matching helmet etc.

Most major manufactures are really just carbon copies of bike evolution IMO, so the best fit, the best deal, and the best aesthetically matched bike to your lady's sensibilities will get her out with you the most.

The three things that usually fall under the WSD rubrik (womens specific design) are saddle, top tube length, and stem length. The idea being that the agressivley forward leaning position can put a little too much weight on the soft lady parts. That said I know gals who race and do long rides quite successfully on "mens" bikes. otherwise just known as bikes. But my one ex-gf who did ride benefitted quite a bit from a slightly shorter stem and women specific saddle after I noticed she rode a lot with her fingertips propping her up on the bars (as opposed to just holding the bars normally) and complaining about too much "friction" being the cause.

Oh that and of course the color. But don't we all like a good looking bike.