Name of Campy Front Disk

I'm looking for the name of the Campy front disk that had four vent
holes evenly spaced between the hub and rim. I seem to recall seeing
one about five to six years ago.

Thanks.

[email protected] wrote:
> I'm looking for the name of the Campy front disk that had four vent
> holes evenly spaced between the hub and rim. I seem to recall seeing
> one about five to six years ago.
>
> Thanks.

Ghibli??

I concur. I think that was the only model that had those holes though I
think there may have been some model years without the holes.

"Nemo hic adest illius nominis." - Henricus Barbatus

On 12 Mar 2006 14:44:09 -0800, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm looking for the name of the Campy front disk that had four vent
>holes evenly spaced between the hub and rim. I seem to recall seeing
>one about five to six years ago.

This front wheel model, appearing about 1990, was the Campagnolo's
first use of the name "Scirocco". It was for 26" tubular tires and
came in versions for road or track. Priced between the Khamsin (less
expensive) and Ghibli (more dear) rear discs, it had a relatively
short model life. The Scirocco model name was recycled several years
later when Campagnolo introduced their line of pre-built spoked
wheels.

Part # PO215 Scirocco 26" front road wheel
Part # PO225 Scirocco 26" front track wheel

-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Since 1983
Comprehensive catalogue of track equipment: online since 1996
http://www.businesscycles.com
-------------------------------

Excellent! Thanks! This is what I was looking for. This seemed like
it would have been a very fast wheel. Now that I know the name, I can
look for photos of the wheel to replicate it with a front disk of my
own.

Don

[email protected] wrote:
> Excellent! Thanks! This is what I was looking for. This seemed like
> it would have been a very fast wheel. Now that I know the name, I can
> look for photos of the wheel to replicate it with a front disk of my
> own.
>
> Don

Remember to look at a similar design made by "The Dic Wheel Company
(Limited)". There's an illustration of it shown on page 352 of the
reprint of Archibald Sharp's book "Bicycles and Tricycles", originally
published in 1862 (yes, eighteen sixty two).