Name of Campy Front Disk

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by [email protected], Mar 12, 2006.

  1. I'm looking for the name of the Campy front disk that had four vent
    holes evenly spaced between the hub and rim. I seem to recall seeing
    one about five to six years ago.

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] wrote:
    > I'm looking for the name of the Campy front disk that had four vent
    > holes evenly spaced between the hub and rim. I seem to recall seeing
    > one about five to six years ago.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Ghibli??

  3. Chris M

    Chris M Guest

    I concur. I think that was the only model that had those holes though I
    think there may have been some model years without the holes.

  4. John Dacey

    John Dacey Guest

    "Nemo hic adest illius nominis." - Henricus Barbatus

    On 12 Mar 2006 14:44:09 -0800, "[email protected]"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm looking for the name of the Campy front disk that had four vent
    >holes evenly spaced between the hub and rim. I seem to recall seeing
    >one about five to six years ago.

    This front wheel model, appearing about 1990, was the Campagnolo's
    first use of the name "Scirocco". It was for 26" tubular tires and
    came in versions for road or track. Priced between the Khamsin (less
    expensive) and Ghibli (more dear) rear discs, it had a relatively
    short model life. The Scirocco model name was recycled several years
    later when Campagnolo introduced their line of pre-built spoked
    wheels.

    Part # PO215 Scirocco 26" front road wheel
    Part # PO225 Scirocco 26" front track wheel

    -------------------------------
    John Dacey
    Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
    Since 1983
    Comprehensive catalogue of track equipment: online since 1996
    http://www.businesscycles.com
    -------------------------------

  5. Excellent! Thanks! This is what I was looking for. This seemed like
    it would have been a very fast wheel. Now that I know the name, I can
    look for photos of the wheel to replicate it with a front disk of my
    own.

    Don

  6. [email protected] wrote:
    > Excellent! Thanks! This is what I was looking for. This seemed like
    > it would have been a very fast wheel. Now that I know the name, I can
    > look for photos of the wheel to replicate it with a front disk of my
    > own.
    >
    > Don

    Remember to look at a similar design made by "The Dic Wheel Company
    (Limited)". There's an illustration of it shown on page 352 of the
    reprint of Archibald Sharp's book "Bicycles and Tricycles", originally
    published in 1862 (yes, eighteen sixty two).