Need a bit of advice

cmcroc1

Jan 4, 2011
I Have recently gained a old bike from a relative of mine. It is too big bike for me to ride comfortably so am looking to sell it. It is a rigid frame mountain bike made by Raliegh back when they were built in the UK. The frame is titanium and is in really good condition and in it life has had a respray at some point. As for the other components of the bike the same can not be said with the wheels and seat on there last legs.
I was wondering if it would be better to sell the titanium frame on its own and sell off all the other parts later. Because I have heard that titanium frames are quite expensive. And how much i would look at getting fro it
I dont have much experience with selling bikes and would greatly appreciate a bit of advice

If it is a British Raleigh, then it is not titanium. British Raleigh did not manufacture any Titanium frames before they sold the USA naming rights to Huffy in 1982. There was a TI-Raleigh, but the TI stood for Tube Investments Co.,the owner of Raleigh from 1960 - 1982.

Raleigh USA only made Titanium MTB frames for two years, 1993 and 1994. Only about 60 of them were made, the John Tomac Signature (retail price: $6,300 in 1993!), the MTi2000 and the MTi1000. If your bike is a Ti bike, I would sell it as is, because it is a collector's item. If I were selling one, I would start at $400.00 and be willing to take $200.00. Unfortunately "Used" bicycles are not worth much to anyone except in the rare cases where someone wants to recapture the bike of his youth. MTB's usually go for less because they are usually perceived to have been ridden harder than road bikes.