Some cyclists need to show some respect.

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
One thing that pizzes me off! I'm riding with Gina on Sunday. We pass some dude and he takes our wheel. WE ARE WEARING MASKS AND HE IS NOT!

I actually get tired of riding with my wife and some uninvited cyclist hops on. C'mon man, we're doing our own thing, get lost! I don't know, if a rider goes around me, have fun. I don't feel the need to prove anything by keeping up. Not to mention, I feel like a wimp if I can't do my own work.

That's the way I feel. I have done a ton of organized rides of which I ride alone. If I do a 5.75 hour century, it is because I did it. I don't like the wimpy feeling of saying I did a 5.5 hour century sucking wheel for 100 miles.

But on this day, I am riding with my wife just enjoying our time together. Some dude we pass hops on our wheel and latched on like a maggot. So I look back at him, no mask, no protection, don't know the guy and don't really want him ruining my alone time with my wife.

So I look back and tell the guy,"if you're going to go around, go ahead, I want to ride alone with my wife!".

He says,"it's OK, I'll just stay back here.".

"No you won't go around, I already told you I want to ride alone with my wife!".

Oh, it's OK, I'll just stay back here!

C'mon dude, are you not paying attention to what I'm saying?

I'll just stay back here! :mad::mad::mad:

So I slow way up, move far right and let the guy go. So he passes me and says,"oh, you're going to force me to go ahead? OK!".

I just slowed down and let the moron go ahead. Thankfully he turned off about a mile later.

OK, I don't understand why other cyclists can not respect the wishes of those around them. Few times I have told somebody to drop off our wheel and they won't. Always some argument as to why they shouldn't have to leave us alone. There have been several times that I have had to get nasty with the other guy just to get him the F off my/our wheel.

One time we were riding alone a few days after Gina's Dad passed away. Just a ride to cheer her up, clear her mind, reminisce, and talk a little remembering her Dad.

Some moron hopped on as we passed. He sprinted off after about 1/4 mile then faded, then repeated the sprint. Making a game out of it I guess but we were far from trying to race the guy. Finally I asked the guy to leave us alone as we were out to do our thing. He started to argue explaining why he should be able to draft us.

No dude! GTF out of here before I get nasty, I already told you once and I don't feel I need to explain to you why we want to be alone.

I swear! For one thing, I never invade anyone's space, ride, or invited myself to take a stranger's wheel. So that is a negative in my book right off the bat. Then when someone asks you to leave them be on their own, there is no need to argue or try to explain why they should allow you to interrupt their ride.

Just get lost! I'm sure they told you kindly for a reason. Respect that before things get nasty.:confused:

Some people don't get hints.

Or they join group rides by jumping in and never say, "Hey folks, mind if I tag along?"

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
I never mind if someone jumps on my wheel - I figure it's a free road and a person can ride wherever they want.

Because of that I jump on wheels myself if the opportunity arises - I don't usually stay for long though because if I caught them, then I am going faster so I take off after a brief respite.

But I know jumping on bothers some people, so if I intend to stay some time I let them know I'm there and check that it's ok with them. They always say sure.

His lacking a mask being behind you would not affect you the least bit, because you're in front therefore the wind is passing from you to him, even if he spat real hard at you it would end up smacking him in the face! so vapor from him breathing or coughing or sneezing would have never remotely gotten close to you. In fact having him stay behind you was better than him being in front of you!

But your right the guy was being a bit of jerk. The biggest problem I saw with what the guy did is since you didn't know him you can't trust how he rides, can he stay off of you far enough not to hit you should you have to slow down fast? That would bug me more then the other stuff you mentioned. I see guys do that on group rides, which you all are probably thinking that's fine because it's a group ride, well not in my mind it isn't fine, because a lot of riders have crashes in group rides due to riding too close and inexperience, in fact a lot of crashes take place in category 1 through 4 due to inexperience, and now you're going to tale me on some group ride that we're not even training to be racers? i don't think so!!

I don't mind having someone on my wheel if they look like they know what they're doing and isn't distracted.

But I'd probably mind it if I'm riding with a pretty lady which never happens and probably never will!

I know that people have been propagandized into believing that masks do something - they don't and we've known that since the flu of 1918. There has been nothing but lies starting with the outbreak of covid-19 and you better stop believing so much as one thing that has come out from the CDC and NIH. Covid-19 is a relatively HARMLESS respiratory disease that is limited to the respiratory system ONLY. mRNA vaccines on the other hand cause spike proteins (poison) to be found in every single organ in the body!

As an engineer I worked in medical science for a long time starting in 1976 when we began looking for the cause of AIDS. I designed and programmed a machine that would apply the PCR chemistry of Dr. Kary Mullis which was eventually used to discover HIV. Rather than go into this, let me just say that unless you have very serious health issues in late March and early April of 2020 you were only at risk from covid-19 if you had two or more serious heart issues. If you haven't been vaccinated and are a healthy individual that exercises often (riding your bike) DO NOT get vaccinated even if you're over 75. There is presently effective treatments even if you're the worst possible cases. NEVER get vaccinated with mRNA vaccines if you are under 50 and anyone that says that you should vaccinate children should be prosecuted for attempted murder since the vaccine might protect 1 person for every 20 children on which it has serious or even fatal side effects.

This is hardly a forum for this sort of thing, but cycling is all about health and I have never seen Fauci make one single intelligent decision about anything. The CDC also keeps track of the real statistics and if you knew how to read them they say exactly the same thing that I have. As well as hundreds of studies over the years showing that masks don't even work on bacterial diseases let alone viral infections. The very best thing you can do is retain your health and support your natural immune system by good eating habits and exercise.

Reactions: cobbwheels
I know that people have been propagandized into believing that masks do something - they don't and we've known that since the flu of 1918. There has been nothing but lies starting with the outbreak of covid-19 and you better stop believing so much as one thing that has come out from the CDC and NIH. Covid-19 is a relatively HARMLESS respiratory disease that is limited to the respiratory system ONLY. mRNA vaccines on the other hand cause spike proteins (poison) to be found in every single organ in the body!

As an engineer I worked in medical science for a long time starting in 1976 when we began looking for the cause of AIDS. I designed and programmed a machine that would apply the PCR chemistry of Dr. Kary Mullis which was eventually used to discover HIV. Rather than go into this, let me just say that unless you have very serious health issues in late March and early April of 2020 you were only at risk from covid-19 if you had two or more serious heart issues. If you haven't been vaccinated and are a healthy individual that exercises often (riding your bike) DO NOT get vaccinated even if you're over 75. There is presently effective treatments even if you're the worst possible cases. NEVER get vaccinated with mRNA vaccines if you are under 50 and anyone that says that you should vaccinate children should be prosecuted for attempted murder since the vaccine might protect 1 person for every 20 children on which it has serious or even fatal side effects.

This is hardly a forum for this sort of thing, but cycling is all about health and I have never seen Fauci make one single intelligent decision about anything. The CDC also keeps track of the real statistics and if you knew how to read them they say exactly the same thing that I have. As well as hundreds of studies over the years showing that masks don't even work on bacterial diseases let alone viral infections. The very best thing you can do is retain your health and support your natural immune system by good eating habits and exercise.

Nice interesting discussion!

I was trying my best to avoid getting vaccinated as well. I got infected by Covid in 2021 while getting treated for bone fracture in the hospital and not vaccinated at the time. I was mostly asymptomatic and fully recovered within a week without any treatment (except from the antibiotics I'm taking for post fracture surgery). In fact, I only took less than half of the prescribed antibiotics and gave the rest to my mom who got Covid from me. It took longer for her to recover but glad she did without needing hospital intervention as it was tough getting a bed at the time.

My cycling performance was affected. Then my older sister forced me to get vaccinated and I got even worse still. Post-vaccination, I started getting more migraines and elevated blood pressure, further worsening my cycling performance.

The reason I eventually relented to the vaccine was the constant nagging from sister and also from the severe city-wide restrictions from the non-vaccinated. It had absolutely nothing to do with health/medical concerns in my mind. I got my 2nd shot, and eventually the booster shot. 3 shots in total.

It took over a year to finally return to what I've left behind in terms of cycling performance and only this year to start seeing training gains again. My blood pressure have returned to normal, and my resting heart rate was best ever at 38 bpm and still dropping. I looked quite different now than before getting Covid. I did not gain nor lose weight. I was 118 lbs before Covid, and 118 lbs now. I did gain weight between Covid infection and now up to 140 lbs. But now I'm leaner at 118 lbs (more muscle mass and less fat) and much more veins and arteries sticking out, I look like a petite terminator.

Anyway, it took a lot for me to overcome the side effects of vaccine. So my opinion towards Covid vaccines overall is negative. I makes you worse if you're initially healthy and you don't get your health back unless you get pretty focused with workout routines.

Nice interesting discussion!

I was trying my best to avoid getting vaccinated as well. I got infected by Covid in 2021 while getting treated for bone fracture in the hospital and not vaccinated at the time. I was mostly asymptomatic and fully recovered within a week without any treatment (except from the antibiotics I'm taking for post fracture surgery). In fact, I only took less than half of the prescribed antibiotics and gave the rest to my mom who got Covid from me. It took longer for her to recover but glad she did without needing hospital intervention as it was tough getting a bed at the time.

My cycling performance was affected. Then my older sister forced me to get vaccinated and I got even worse still. Post-vaccination, I started getting more migraines and elevated blood pressure, further worsening my cycling performance.

The reason I eventually relented to the vaccine was the constant nagging from sister and also from the severe city-wide restrictions from the non-vaccinated. It had absolutely nothing to do with health/medical concerns in my mind. I got my 2nd shot, and eventually the booster shot. 3 shots in total.

It took over a year to finally return to what I've left behind in terms of cycling performance and only this year to start seeing training gains again. My blood pressure have returned to normal, and my resting heart rate was best ever at 38 bpm and still dropping. I looked quite different now than before getting Covid. I did not gain nor lose weight. I was 118 lbs before Covid, and 118 lbs now. I did gain weight between Covid infection and now up to 140 lbs. But now I'm leaner at 118 lbs (more muscle mass and less fat) and much more veins and arteries sticking out, I look like a petite terminator.

Anyway, it took a lot for me to overcome the side effects of vaccine. So my opinion towards Covid vaccines overall is negative. I makes you worse if you're initially healthy and you don't get your health back unless you get pretty focused with workout routines.
The Human immune system is a marvelous thing and usually (90% of the time) you will eventually return to normal. But what of the people that died? Or became debilitated?

I went on a ride with a friend that was forced to take a covid-19 shot by his home owners association and 10 minutes into the ride he dropped dead (he began breathing again as the ambulance arrived but he was brain dead and his relatives had to fly out and sign the papers to take him off of the machines). Another friend developed Alzheimer's after the vaccination. I visited him in the "home" for dementia patients and he was "there" enough to tell me "No one ever gets out of here alive". Although he appeared very much normal very shortly thereafter he died. Now I don't know if his case was connected to the vaccine but there has been 100's of percent increase in dementia with the mRNA vaccinations.

What would you think if after vaccination any of your friends died from things that could be normal (Heart attack person was somewhat overweight but certainly not extreme and he rode very difficult rides with the group without a problem) Alzheimer's friend was the fastest climber in the group. A couple of other friends were vaccinated and suddenly developed myocarditis and can't ride anymore.

We ride for fun and health reasons. What happens when your health takes away the fun? Do we write if off to old age? I'm 78 and until very recently rode with a man who is in his 90's. Another man in his 90's had his wife force him to get vaccinated and now he is in a dementia home.

Because of our age the entire group I've been riding with can have any illness written off as old age. Well if so it will be from old age and not from some experimental drug.

Reactions: cobbwheels
The Human immune system is a marvelous thing and usually (90% of the time) you will eventually return to normal. But what of the people that died? Or became debilitated?

I went on a ride with a friend that was forced to take a covid-19 shot by his home owners association and 10 minutes into the ride he dropped dead (he began breathing again as the ambulance arrived but he was brain dead and his relatives had to fly out and sign the papers to take him off of the machines). Another friend developed Alzheimer's after the vaccination. I visited him in the "home" for dementia patients and he was "there" enough to tell me "No one ever gets out of here alive". Although he appeared very much normal very shortly thereafter he died. Now I don't know if his case was connected to the vaccine but there has been 100's of percent increase in dementia with the mRNA vaccinations.

What would you think if after vaccination any of your friends died from things that could be normal (Heart attack person was somewhat overweight but certainly not extreme and he rode very difficult rides with the group without a problem) Alzheimer's friend was the fastest climber in the group. A couple of other friends were vaccinated and suddenly developed myocarditis and can't ride anymore.

We ride for fun and health reasons. What happens when your health takes away the fun? Do we write if off to old age? I'm 78 and until very recently rode with a man who is in his 90's. Another man in his 90's had his wife force him to get vaccinated and now he is in a dementia home.

Because of our age the entire group I've been riding with can have any illness written off as old age. Well if so it will be from old age and not from some experimental drug.

Sorry about your friends.

I don't have riding buddies although I have been hearing of more deaths in our church who are not infected by Covid. I don't know if they have been vaccinated or not.

I'm 40 years old when I got Covid and then vaccines. I was maintaining normal BP at the time 120/75, no medication, just cycling and healthy BMI of 20 (pro-climber BMI but I'm not pro). Post vaccine, it went > 130/80 and often reaching 140/90 (during stress/anxiety). I also had increased bout of migraines and started showing pre-diabetic symptoms - blood sugar and metabolism out of whack.

For the first time in my life, I had to make huge changes to my diet and switch to polarized structured training to try to fix my metabolism. Did plenty of online research in the process as I can't afford any paid services and thankfully, my BP is back to where it used to be, no longer having migraines, and I stopped having pre-diabetic symptoms.

Since I never went to the doctor, I sometimes wonder if some of the frequent headaches I had post-vaccination was due to 'mini strokes'. I heard doctors themselves say some of the young Covid patients <30 years old experienced brain strokes and even heart attack during confinement.

Since the vaccine contained 'inert' version of the Covid virus, I wonder if the vaccine itself is causing strokes and heart attacks or hypertension.

Hey there! Sorry to hear about your friends and the health issues you've been having post-vaccine. I'm not a doctor, but it might be worth discussing these concerns with a healthcare professional. Take care! :)

Thank you for your concern. It's always good to check with a healthcare professional when dealing with any health issues.

Regarding your bike purchase, both the Giant Boulder and the Gitane Rocks are great options for recreational use. The Boulder is known for its durability and versatility, making it a good choice for unsealed roads. On the other hand, the Gitane Rocks has a comfortable riding position and a stylish design, which could make your cycling experience more enjoyable.

Ultimately, the choice depends on your personal preferences and what you value most in a bike. I would recommend trying both bikes, if possible, to see which one feels more comfortable and suits your needs better.

Remember, the most important thing is to enjoy the ride and prioritize safety. Happy cycling! :)

When it comes to the Giant Boulder's durability, it's worth noting that it features a strong aluminum frame and hydraulic disc brakes, which can be beneficial in various weather conditions. Meanwhile, the Gitane Rocks, with its comfortable riding position, also has a lightweight aluminum frame and smooth-shifting gears, enhancing its performance on sealed roads.

If you're planning to cycle mostly on unsealed roads, the Boulder's wider tires and robust build might be more suitable. However, if you're more into casual, leisurely rides on well-maintained paths, the Gitane Rocks' sleek design and ergonomic components could provide a more pleasant experience.

In the end, it's all about finding the right bike that aligns with your cycling goals and preferences. Don't forget to invest in essential safety gear, such as a helmet and lights, to ensure a secure and enjoyable ride. Happy cycling! :)

Both the Giant Boulder and the Gitane Rocks have impressive features for different types of cycling. The Boulder's sturdy build makes it suitable for rough terrains, while the Rocks' sleek design enhances comfort on well-maintained paths. Safety gear is crucial for an enjoyable ride: don't forget your helmet and lights! Happy cycling! ‍♂️

True, choosing the right bike for your cycling needs is crucial. However, even with the best bike, safety should always be a priority. While helmets and lights are essential, don't forget about reflective clothing and remaining vigilant for obstacles. Overconfidence in your gear can lead to accidents. Stay safe and enjoy the ride! ‍♀️

Couldn't agree more on the safety aspect. But let's not forget about proper bike maintenance, it's a crucial safety factor too. Regular check-ups can prevent unexpected breakdowns. Plus, never underestimate the power of a good pair of cycling shorts! Trust me, your bum will thank you later .

I have no idea of what you believe you are accomplishing by wearing a mask other than shortening your life span but maybe you shouldn't be advertising it. An N95 surgical mask will stop the passage of some types of bacteria and NO types of viruses. And they have to be replaced several times in long surgeries because they fill up with moisture and exhaled mucus. Normal hospital masks are used to prevent contaminating open wounds by sneezing into them. The build up of moisture in the mask reduces passage of gases and allows the build up of carbon dioxide behind the mask and hence reduces breathing capacity and the increase of heart rates. You can consider your heart as having a given amount of beats from birth so wearing a mask is doing nothing more than shortening your life if you are wearing them full time or even often. I know that Fauci told you different but he is a moron and that is how he achieved promotion - by saying what is wanted by others rather than what is true.

Hey there! Sorry to hear about your friends and the health issues you've been having post-vaccine. I'm not a doctor, but it might be worth discussing these concerns with a healthcare professional. Take care! :)

I designed and programmed medical instruments for very many years such as the first practical full time heart/lung machine and respiratory gas analyzers etc. I analyzed the deaths in northern Italy and came to the conclusion that it had a very sharp age cut off. So I would not allow vaccine companies to shoot me full of an experimental and illegal vaccine. Most of you are unaware of the laws allowing bypassing the safety regulations so this government simply claimed that safe and effective drugs were "horse paste" and the like. They claimed that Trump said that you could drink Clorox when he did nothing of the kind. But I don't care, most of the people who took the vaccines are now permanently disabled and they won't even know about it until they have sudden heart attacks or massive blood clots that kill them or cause permanent disability. This is what happens when you allow others to make decisions for you.

"Interesting perspective on vaccine safety! As a fellow cycling enthusiast, I'd say it's crucial to stay in the driver's seat when it comes to our health decisions. But let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater - there are safe and effective vaccines out there. How about we focus on promoting informed choices, rather than fueling fear?" ;-) #stayinformed #cyclingcommunity #healthdecisions

"Glad to see the cycling spirit alive in this discussion! While it's important to stay in control of our health decisions, it's equally crucial to separate facts from fears. I've seen many cyclists fall for myths about vaccine safety. Let's stick to evidence-based info, promoting informed choices, not unfounded fears. After all, we wouldn't want a flat tire on our health journey, right?" ‍♂️ #stayinformed #cyclingcommunity #healthdecisions