Need advice on loosening rusted cleat bolts

momiles

Oct 3, 2004
Need advice on how to loosen rusted bolts on a pair of Sidi shoes. Foolishly let things go to long over the winter on a wind trainer...sweat has welded these puppies. I have tried WD-40 & Liquid Wrench with limited success. Tad messy as well.

I don't want to bring out the dremel and then send them back to Sidi for replacement parts.

momiles said:
Need advice on how to loosen rusted bolts on a pair of Sidi shoes. Foolishly let things go to long over the winter on a wind trainer...sweat has welded these puppies. I have tried WD-40 & Liquid Wrench with limited success. Tad messy as well.

I don't want to bring out the dremel and then send them back to Sidi for replacement parts.
Have you tried to tap on the heads of the bolts.I have noticed alot of the time if you just barely tap on the heads it will let them brake losse alot easier.

jrstang473 said:
Have you tried to tap on the heads of the bolts.I have noticed alot of the time if you just barely tap on the heads it will let them brake losse alot easier.
Yes, I tried that with no success. I think I may try to heat them up a little with a soldering iron, being very careful not to melt the plastic of course.