Need Advice on Used Road Bike

tfluhr1018

Sep 30, 2010
Okay...I'm wanting to get started in road biking and visited my local bike shop...they said I'm a size 58cm bike....I found a used bike locally and want others opinions on this bike. Below is the information related to the bike:

[SIZE= small]Fuji Roubaix - 58cm[/SIZE]
[SIZE= small]05’ or 06’[/SIZE]
[SIZE= small]Real good shape[/SIZE]
[SIZE= small]105 shifters[/SIZE]
[SIZE= small]Ultegra double crank[/SIZE]
[SIZE= small]Ultegra front/rear derailers[/SIZE]
[SIZE= small]Tectro brakes[/SIZE]
[SIZE= small]Alx 260 wheels[/SIZE]
[SIZE= small]Shimano spd sl 105 pedals[/SIZE]

[SIZE= small]Is this a good starter bike? And what would be a good offer price? I'm in left field.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= small]Thanks.[/SIZE]

From what you listed it appears that this bike is most likely 05. This is a good starter bike in fact you could ride this bike for many years to come. As far as an offer price you should base that on the real condition of the bike when you see it. You could also search online classifieds and see what this bike has sold for used. You should take the bike out for a ride and make sure everything is in working order. The most important thing will be bike fit. Your LBS has told you that 58CM is your size. Bike size varies from different manufacturers and sometimes models from the same manufacture. By the way welcome to Cycling Forums. Keep us posted on what you get and share some of your progress with us. Good luck you as you venture into the addiction of road cycling.

Good bike with better than average "starter" equipment.

Check Ebay's 'Completed Listings' for Fuji Road bikes to determine reasonable market value.