need help can any one help me to change my cassette

cous i hill

Jul 5, 2011
hi there i ride a barracuda 16 speed road bike my first bike was advised to change my cassette because what i have on now is 13x22 39x53 and he said needed something like a 13 x28 or a compact chainring what i want to know what cassette will fit my bike with out to many changes to it

Why do you need to replace the cassette? Is it worn or are you having a hard time on the hills?

Anyway, you need to replace the existing cassette with a compatible cassette. Most Shimano and SRAM cassettes are interchangeable, but not so with Campagnolo. Since your existing cassette has 8 cogs on it, you will need to replace it with another 8 cog cassette. These are fairly easy to find if you look in mountain bike parts. The big question is if your rear derailleur has the capacity to shift up to a 28 tooth cog. The capacity of the RD should be printed on the back of the parallelogram body. If it says that it will go to 28 teeth, you are good to go except that you will probably have to add a couple of links to your chain to accommodate the larger cog.

yes i am finding it hard on the hills not fit you see i weigh in at 98 kgs at 5ft 8ins but i like my weight training