Needing help

kimmy75

Apr 16, 2013
I'm new to the cycling world, I've been a runner until recently. I have a condition that prohibits me from running. I have resorted to cycling and Im actually excited about it. Well day before yesterday I rode 2 miles just to get used to it because I haven't ridden in YEARS and then yesterday I rode 6 miles up and down hills today I'm not sore.... Needing pros and cons of cycling actually I wouldn't mind taking this far.

...Needing pros and cons of cycling actually I wouldn't mind taking this far....
I have no idea what that means or if it is a question.

Do you want us to list the pros and cons of cycling as in low impact but not weight bearing or leading to bone density increases? Or fun and fast but we typically have to train out in traffic with cars? Or really fun to scream down steep and winding hills but sometimes we have to change flat tires on the roadside?

Are you looking for training advice or how to approach the sport or ways you can have fun or compete in cycling? I really don't understand the statement above or what question you're asking.

But welcome to the sport and cool that you like it. A lot of your running fitness should carry over and it won't be surprising if you learn to go long and or fast on a bike in a shorter time than someone that starts without your athletic history.

-Dave