Nice calculator ... I hope it works well.

huhenio

Jul 19, 2005
http://www.kreuzotter.de/english/espeed.htm

For the forum noobs like yours truly, this is a nice approximation for calculating many dingabobs regarding forces, work, weight etc

Some interesting results.

My findings: since I am the cheap ass that I am famous for, I need to get stronger than a gorilla to move my 45 + bike (I weighed today the damn abomination) , by 202.8 pound manly body :D standing 73 inches tall, with my "robust road touring tires" as recomended, in order to move my bike over 18 miles an hour for 1 hour up and 1 hour down the road.
The slopes even out in my trip since Start/ Finish destination have the same altitude over sea level.

According to this gizmo ... I am producing 336 watts.

Now ... producing the same amount of watts spending $$$$ on a leaner bike
and loosing 20 pounds ......

A wooping 1 mph gain!! :confused:

Something does not look right ... I assumed that if I removed 20 pounds of bike and 20 pounds of rider on the same wattage I would get more than that!!

hmmmmmm..........

huhenio said:
http://www.kreuzotter.de/english/espeed.htm

For the forum noobs like yours truly, this is a nice approximation for calculating many dingabobs regarding forces, work, weight etc

Some interesting results.

My findings: since I am the cheap ass that I am famous for, I need to get stronger than a gorilla to move my 45 + bike (I weighed today the damn abomination) , by 202.8 pound manly body :D standing 73 inches tall, with my "robust road touring tires" as recomended, in order to move my bike over 18 miles an hour for 1 hour up and 1 hour down the road.
The slopes even out in my trip since Start/ Finish destination have the same altitude over sea level.

According to this gizmo ... I am producing 336 watts.

Now ... producing the same amount of watts spending $$$$ on a leaner bike
and loosing 20 pounds ......

A wooping 1 mph gain!! :confused:

Something does not look right ... I assumed that if I removed 20 pounds of bike and 20 pounds of rider on the same wattage I would get more than that!!

hmmmmmm..........
65" tall (shortarse I know!) x 127lbs (lightweight I also know!) x 37lbs bike at 15mph = 148watts. Doesn't friggin' feel like 148watts! I use 60watt bulbs around home and they're WAY brighter than me!:D

shannons dad said:
65" tall (shortarse I know!) x 127lbs (lightweight I also know!) x 37lbs bike at 15mph = 148watts. Doesn't friggin' feel like 148watts! I use 60watt bulbs around home and they're WAY brighter than me!:D
I used to weight twice as much as you do :eek:

Weight really doesn't affect top speed all that much, it only affects acceleration. In fact, once you get up to speed, the extra weight helps keep you going even if you coast for a bit. All that really matters much is drag and power.