Nice ride with Gordo

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Corvus Corvax, May 10, 2003.

  1. OK. Let it be known that supabonbon is a monster on the fix.

    Dude, I hit 29mph at some point on that ride, which, if my calculations are correct, works out to a
    cadence of 137 on my 49x18 fix. And then there's the switchbacks...

    CC

    Tags:

  2. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    [email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > OK. Let it be known that supabonbon is a monster on the fix.
    >
    > Dude, I hit 29mph at some point on that ride, which, if my calculations are correct, works out to
    > a cadence of 137 on my 49x18 fix. And then there's the switchbacks...
    >
    > CC

    Aw shucks. It's the pink paint. Let it be known that my lower back is paying a monster price. What's
    with Jeannette running the freewheel? I didn't see her stop pedalling once. Anyhoo, that was fun.
    Let's do it again sometime. Maybe Carla's mystery bike will have a dual-threaded hub...? I'm off to
    the hot tub. /s

  3. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >Maybe Carla's mystery bike will have a dual-threaded hub...? I'm off to the hot tub.

    Nope. Pure ss, no fixie for me. Be careful with the hot tub, I've heard of diseases that spread from
    sitting in those things...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Carla A-G wrote:
    > "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Maybe Carla's mystery bike will have a dual-threaded hub...? I'm off to the hot tub.
    >
    > Nope. Pure ss, no fixie for me. Be careful with the hot tub, I've heard of diseases that spread
    > from sitting in those things...

    hot tub folliculitis? Only if the chemicals aren't kept at proper levels...don't ask ....

    penny

  5. [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote

    > What's with Jeannette running the freewheel? I didn't see her stop pedalling once.

    She had to keep up with us ;-). To be honest, if I'd known we were gonna do River Road, I would
    have run the freewheel too. But noooooooo, Mr. "I want a nice easy JRA ride" convinced me to run
    fixed. You might think it's fun to yank all of your back muscles out by the tendons, but let me
    tell you man...

    ...uh...

    so do I. Damn.

    CC

  6. [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote

    > What's with Jeannette running the freewheel?

    And, I might add, Dyckman Hill on a 49x20 singlespeed is no girly-climb. That was the first time
    she'd done those switchbacks on _any_ bike. Props to my missus. She's a beast.

    CC

  7. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Corvus Corvax <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > You might think it's fun to yank all of your back muscles out by the tendons, but let me tell
    > you man...
    >
    > ...uh...
    >
    > so do I. Damn.
    >
    > CC