Nice to see some familiar names

I haven't been around alt.mountain-bike for a couple of years (since I
broke my collarbone on the Rubicon trail), and I thought I'd check to
see if there were some familiar posters. I see quite a few, including
our long-time resident kook.

I'm pretty much roadie now, but I still have a mountain bike (Giant NRS
Air, nowadays) that I ride once in a blue moon. I've ridden a couple of
times with the TROGS, and I still pay my dues to IMBA.

Anyway, it's good to see you guys are still out riding. One of these
days, I'll actually get out on the trails again, and I'll have a RR to
post. Meanwhile, I'm putting in between 6500-7000 miles/year on the
road bikes.

I still have some old material on you-know-who. It's not been updated
in years, but it looks like very little has changed. If you are
interested in seeing some of it, send me a private email.

Take care,

TD

[email protected] wrote:
> I haven't been around alt.mountain-bike for a couple of years (since I
> broke my collarbone on the Rubicon trail), and I thought I'd check to
> see if there were some familiar posters. I see quite a few, including
> our long-time resident kook.

Hey G, good to see you're doing alright.

> I'm pretty much roadie now, but I still have a mountain bike (Giant NRS
> Air, nowadays) that I ride once in a blue moon. I've ridden a couple of
> times with the TROGS, and I still pay my dues to IMBA.

The siren song of the devil, that road jive is.

> Anyway, it's good to see you guys are still out riding. One of these
> days, I'll actually get out on the trails again, and I'll have a RR to
> post. Meanwhile, I'm putting in between 6500-7000 miles/year on the
> road bikes.

How much in the dirt though?

I live in CA now, so you need to cruise over to the Angeles to ride
with GT and me some day.

JD

<[email protected]
[...]

Hey!!!

Good to see you dropped by!
That's some nice mileage you are putting in!
First Rich now you... All we need is a word from Kathleen and it will be like old times!

Jimbo... Still not very "serious"...(san)

[email protected] wrote:
> I haven't been around alt.mountain-bike for a couple of years (since I
> broke my collarbone on the Rubicon trail), and I thought I'd check to
> see if there were some familiar posters. I see quite a few, including
> our long-time resident kook.
>
> I'm pretty much roadie now, but I still have a mountain bike (Giant NRS
> Air, nowadays) that I ride once in a blue moon. I've ridden a couple of
> times with the TROGS, and I still pay my dues to IMBA.
>
> Anyway, it's good to see you guys are still out riding. One of these
> days, I'll actually get out on the trails again, and I'll have a RR to
> post. Meanwhile, I'm putting in between 6500-7000 miles/year on the
> road bikes.
>
> I still have some old material on you-know-who. It's not been updated
> in years, but it looks like very little has changed. If you are
> interested in seeing some of it, send me a private email.
>
> Take care,
>
> TD

Glad to hear you're still getting some miles in, even if it is on the
road. Not much has changed here at AM-B, would could be good or bad,
depending.
Don't be a stranger!

Matt

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I haven't been around alt.mountain-bike for a couple of years (since I
> broke my collarbone on the Rubicon trail), and I thought I'd check to
> see if there were some familiar posters. I see quite a few, including
> our long-time resident kook.
>
> I'm pretty much roadie now, but I still have a mountain bike (Giant NRS
> Air, nowadays) that I ride once in a blue moon. I've ridden a couple of
> times with the TROGS, and I still pay my dues to IMBA.
>
> Anyway, it's good to see you guys are still out riding. One of these
> days, I'll actually get out on the trails again, and I'll have a RR to
> post. Meanwhile, I'm putting in between 6500-7000 miles/year on the
> road bikes.
>
> I still have some old material on you-know-who. It's not been updated
> in years, but it looks like very little has changed. If you are
> interested in seeing some of it, send me a private email.
>
> Take care,
>
> TD

Glad to see your still in the saddle. Don't be a stranger.

Marty

[email protected] wrote:
> I haven't been around alt.mountain-bike for a couple of years (since I
> broke my collarbone on the Rubicon trail), and I thought I'd check to
> see if there were some familiar posters. I see quite a few, including
> our long-time resident kook.
>
> I'm pretty much roadie now, but I still have a mountain bike (Giant NRS
> Air, nowadays) that I ride once in a blue moon. I've ridden a couple of
> times with the TROGS, and I still pay my dues to IMBA.
>
> Anyway, it's good to see you guys are still out riding. One of these
> days, I'll actually get out on the trails again, and I'll have a RR to
> post. Meanwhile, I'm putting in between 6500-7000 miles/year on the
> road bikes.
>
> I still have some old material on you-know-who. It's not been up d
> in years, but it looks like very little has changed. If you are
> interested in seeing some of it, send me a private email.
>
> Take care,
>
> TD

Well isn't that a strange coincidence. I was just thinking about you a
couple days ago, and here you show up and post. [Cue: Twilight Zone
theme.] Might have been due to my roadie commuting to work. Glad to
hear you're alive and well and laying down the mileage. That's what,
20 mi/day all year long? That's a heap of roadying.

CDB

CDB: It's actually about 250 miles/week in the summer and about
120/week when school is in session. I do about 30-35/week just riding
to work and back.

JD: I'm really surprised to hear you are in socal--and riding with GT
to boot. Say hello to him for me. There's very little dirt to ride
around here. Halfway decent mountain biking is at least an hour's drive
away. Flat road rides are right out the door, and good quiet hilly
roads are less than an hour away. Where I live favors roadies, and it's
a lot easier to find roadies to ride with.

Nice hearing from the rest of you. I think I'll hang out here a while.

TD

On 19 Oct 2005 21:38:40 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>I'm pretty much roadie now, but I still have a mountain bike (Giant NRS
>Air, nowadays) that I ride once in a blue moon. I've ridden a couple of
>times with the TROGS, and I still pay my dues to IMBA.
>
>Anyway, it's good to see you guys are still out riding. One of these
>days, I'll actually get out on the trails again, and I'll have a RR to
>post. Meanwhile, I'm putting in between 6500-7000 miles/year on the
>road bikes.

As another ex-amb regular who rides the road more than the trails
these days, don't forget the mantra, grasshopper: a roadie who
doesn't ride in the dirt has no soul :)

I still ride my trusty rigid SS and my single pivot 2x squish
regularly, if not as often in days of yore. Once October rolls around
and it gets dark early, my roadie compadres and I are off road with
lights every Wednesday eve, as well as Saturday's a.m. in the
daylight. Unless of course we are rained out, which has been a
problem in the northeast in the past two weeks.

I won't repeat the other half of the mantra about dirt heads who don't
ride on the road :)

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> CDB: It's actually about 250 miles/week in the summer and about
> 120/week when school is in session. I do about 30-35/week just riding
> to work and back.
>
> JD: I'm really surprised to hear you are in socal--and riding with GT
> to boot. Say hello to him for me.

I'm here. It's great to here from you. Come on down, got great road and
mtn biking nearby.

Since our last ride down here I've moved from Sherman Oaks to North
Hollywood to Burbank and recently to La Canada here in the foothills of the
San Gabriel mtns. This ride is 15 minutes away by car:

http://www.2fortheroad.net/chilao/chilao.html

Lots of good road rides, too.

Greg

On 19 Oct 2005 21:38:40 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

> Anyway, it's good to see you guys are still out riding. One of these
> days, I'll actually get out on the trails again, and I'll have a RR to
> post. Meanwhile, I'm putting in between 6500-7000 miles/year on the
> road bikes.

Woah, good to see you're still keeping the wheels turning! I'm not riding
all that much, but I still get out there from time to time.

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address

[email protected] wrote:
> JD: I'm really surprised to hear you are in socal--and riding with GT
> to boot.

I'll ride with just about anyone 'cos I just like to ride.

JD

Mark Hickey wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >[email protected] wrote:
> >> JD: I'm really surprised to hear you are in socal--and riding with GT
> >> to boot.

> >I'll ride with just about anyone 'cos I just like to ride.

> You... you... ****!
>
> ;-)

What can I say? I sold my soul for rock and roll.

JD