NJ bicyclists rejoice, no-lead squirrels declared safe to eat

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:04:19 -0600, carlfogel wrote:

> Happily, the federal government operates on the principle that the
> only good squirrel is a squirrel that's been run through a blender:
>

> Http://www.nydailynews.com/news/200...uirrels_safe_to_eat_again_in_new_jerse-1.html
>
> Of course, if the squirrel had been processed by stainless steel
> spokes, no lead contamination would have occurred.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carl Fogel

Hmmmm.... If I had a bike like this:

http://www.bikeblender.com/bikeblenders.html

I could serve up delicious shakes every time I encounter a suicidal
squirrel.

P.S. Please don't tell my animal-rights friends I participated in this
discussion.

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:04:19 -0600, [email protected] wrote:

>Happily, the federal government operates on the principle that the
>only good squirrel is a squirrel that's been run through a blender:
>

>Http://www.nydailynews.com/news/200...uirrels_safe_to_eat_again_in_new_jerse-1.html
>
>Of course, if the squirrel had been processed by stainless steel
>spokes, no lead contamination would have occurred.

See, all those jokes about NJ are unfair! It's a really nice state for
squirrel eating, the toxic waste didn't affect them at all. I don't
know why people poke so much fun at this state.

(Is this where we make more NJ jokes... or where the mutant 15 foot
tall squirrels show up and seek revenge for their species?)

On Oct 30, 4:04 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Happily, the federal government operates on the principle that the
> only good squirrel is a squirrel that's been run through a blender:
>
> Http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/10/30/2007-10-30_squirrels_safe_to_eat_...
>
> Of course, if the squirrel had been processed by stainless steel
> spokes, no lead contamination would have occurred.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carl Fogel

A lead blender? Hmmm.... I'm no metallurgist, but, uh, I don't see
lead tines making quick work of ice cubes for long.

Nor am I a hunter, so I'll have to ask. Are squirrels typically hunted
with something akin to birdshot? Is that shot not made of lead? In
fact, "put it through a lead blender" sounds like a Spillane-esque way
of saying that you hit a squirrel with too big a cartridge.

BTW, this thread is very much on topic, as Ringwood has some great
mountain biking. It's a popular destination for NYC folk as it's one
of the closer places for "real" riding. Didn't know that it's a toxic
dump. Great.

/s

On Oct 31, 4:32 pm, "* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Scott Gordo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...> On Oct 30, 4:04 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> > > Happily, the federal government operates on the principle that the
> > > only good squirrel is a squirrel that's been run through a blender:

> Http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/10/30/2007-10-30_squirrels_safe_to_eat_...
>

> > > Of course, if the squirrel had been processed by stainless steel
> > > spokes, no lead contamination would have occurred.

> > > Cheers,

> > > Carl Fogel

> > A lead blender? Hmmm.... I'm no metallurgist, but, uh, I don't see
> > lead tines making quick work of ice cubes for long.

> > Nor am I a hunter, so I'll have to ask. Are squirrels typically hunted
> > with something akin to birdshot? Is that shot not made of lead? In
> > fact, "put it through a lead blender" sounds like a Spillane-esque way
> > of saying that you hit a squirrel with too big a cartridge.

> > BTW, this thread is very much on topic, as Ringwood has some great
> > mountain biking. It's a popular destination for NYC folk as it's one
> > of the closer places for "real" riding. Didn't know that it's a toxic
> > dump. Great.

> > /s

> Isn't ALL of NJ a toxic dump? ;-)
>
> Chas.- Hide quoted text -

Well, there ARE more toxic and less toxic areas....

/s

"Scott Gordo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Oct 30, 4:04 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> > Happily, the federal government operates on the principle that the
> > only good squirrel is a squirrel that's been run through a blender:

Http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/10/30/2007-10-30_squirrels_safe_to_eat_...

> > Of course, if the squirrel had been processed by stainless steel
> > spokes, no lead contamination would have occurred.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Carl Fogel

> A lead blender? Hmmm.... I'm no metallurgist, but, uh, I don't see
> lead tines making quick work of ice cubes for long.
>
> Nor am I a hunter, so I'll have to ask. Are squirrels typically hunted
> with something akin to birdshot? Is that shot not made of lead? In
> fact, "put it through a lead blender" sounds like a Spillane-esque way
> of saying that you hit a squirrel with too big a cartridge.
>
> BTW, this thread is very much on topic, as Ringwood has some great
> mountain biking. It's a popular destination for NYC folk as it's one
> of the closer places for "real" riding. Didn't know that it's a toxic
> dump. Great.
>
> /s

Isn't ALL of NJ a toxic dump? ;-)

Chas.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Happily, the federal government operates on the principle that the
> only good squirrel is a squirrel that's been run through a blender:

Http://www.nydailynews.com/news/200...uirrels_safe_to_eat_again_in_new_jerse-1.html

> Of course, if the squirrel had been processed by stainless steel
> spokes, no lead contamination would have occurred.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carl Fogel

Um, ah, squirrels are known to carry prions in their brains, the things
that cause Mad Cow disease and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in humans.

There have been outbreaks of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in parts of the
Southern Appalachians and Ozarks where squirrel head stew is a delicacy so
be careful about giving squirrels a clean bill of health.

Chas.

* * Chas wrote:
> Isn't ALL of NJ a toxic dump? ;-)

"The Garden State" ??
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

"Scott Gordo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Oct 31, 4:32 pm, "* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > "Scott Gordo" <[email protected]> wrote in message

<snip>
> > > Nor am I a hunter, so I'll have to ask. Are squirrels typically

hunted
> > > with something akin to birdshot? Is that shot not made of lead? In
> > > fact, "put it through a lead blender" sounds like a Spillane-esque

way
> > > of saying that you hit a squirrel with too big a cartridge.

> > > BTW, this thread is very much on topic, as Ringwood has some great
> > > mountain biking. It's a popular destination for NYC folk as it's one
> > > of the closer places for "real" riding. Didn't know that it's a

toxic
> > > dump. Great.

> > > /s

> > Isn't ALL of NJ a toxic dump? ;-)
> >
> > Chas.- Hide quoted text -

> Well, there ARE more toxic and less toxic areas....

NJ gets a bad rap. There are some really beautiful parts of the state like
up in the NW area along the PA border.

Chas.

oh yeah. we moved to Parsippany, NJ in 1957. Parsippany had more cows
than people. no cows now.
before the bridge went in and tunnels, NJ was sand, pine trees, tomato
farms and resorts even. Bell's financier lived up the street, ran the
countries first industrial complex.
Like Atlanta.

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:04:19 -0600, [email protected] wrote:

>Happily, the federal government operates on the principle that the
>only good squirrel is a squirrel that's been run through a blender:
>

>Http://www.nydailynews.com/news/200...uirrels_safe_to_eat_again_in_new_jerse-1.html
>
>Of course, if the squirrel had been processed by stainless steel
>spokes, no lead contamination would have occurred.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Carl Fogel

In another example of squirrel dastardliness, the pumpkin luring
innocent children to Fogel Labs was found to be lacking a hand-carved
front tooth before ignition tonight.

Tooth-marks were discovered around the jack-o'-lantern's missing fang.

The damned squirrels just couldn't wait until November before they
started gnawing on the pumpkin!

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:04:19 -0600, [email protected] wrote:
>
>>Happily, the federal government operates on the principle that the
>>only good squirrel is a squirrel that's been run through a blender:
>>

>>Http://www.nydailynews.com/news/200...uirrels_safe_to_eat_again_in_new_jerse-1.html
>>
>>Of course, if the squirrel had been processed by stainless steel
>>spokes, no lead contamination would have occurred.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Carl Fogel

> In another example of squirrel dastardliness, the pumpkin luring
> innocent children to Fogel Labs was found to be lacking a hand-carved
> front tooth before ignition tonight.
>
> Tooth-marks were discovered around the jack-o'-lantern's missing fang.
>
> The damned squirrels just couldn't wait until November before they
> started gnawing on the pumpkin!

If I were going to blend a squirrel, especially a lead-bearing squirrel,
this would be the tool of choice:
http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe&video=tilapia
Kerry

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:04:19 -0600, [email protected] wrote:
>
> >Happily, the federal government operates on the principle that the
> >only good squirrel is a squirrel that's been run through a blender:
> >

>Http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/10/30/2007-10-30_squirrels_safe_to_e

at_again_in_new_jerse-1.html

> >Of course, if the squirrel had been processed by stainless steel
> >spokes, no lead contamination would have occurred.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Carl Fogel

> In another example of squirrel dastardliness, the pumpkin luring
> innocent children to Fogel Labs was found to be lacking a hand-carved
> front tooth before ignition tonight.
>
> Tooth-marks were discovered around the jack-o'-lantern's missing fang.
>
> The damned squirrels just couldn't wait until November before they
> started gnawing on the pumpkin!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carl Fogel

Sounds like it's time for some "lead poisoning" to get rid of your
squirrels.

Chas.

On Oct 31, 4:37 pm, "* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...> Happily, the federal government operates on the principle that the
> > only good squirrel is a squirrel that's been run through a blender:

> Http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/10/30/2007-10-30_squirrels_safe_to_eat_...
>

> > Of course, if the squirrel had been processed by stainless steel
> > spokes, no lead contamination would have occurred.

> > Cheers,

> > Carl Fogel

> Um, ah, squirrels are known to carry prions in their brains, the things
> that cause Mad Cow disease and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in humans.
>
> There have been outbreaks of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in parts of the
> Southern Appalachians and Ozarks where squirrel head stew is a delicacy so
> be careful about giving squirrels a clean bill of health.
>
> Chas.

If that were true I'd have to give up local Chinese and outdoor cart
food. There's so much competition the price of cats is getting too
high, and not everybody likes pigeo...err, chicken.

/s
The other, other, OTHER white meat.

Why blend em? They'd be much better rendered. Or, even better,
distilled. A fine squirrely raffinate. MMMMMM.

datakoll wrote:
> Fogel Labs? I thought you raised goats?

'gathering goatheads' is not the same a 'raising goats'
--

On Nov 1, 1:42 pm, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
> datakoll wrote:
> > Fogel Labs? I thought you raised goats?

> 'gathering goatheads' is not the same a 'raising goats'

I'm knoun for my tact

Scott Gordo wrote:
> Nor am I a hunter, so I'll have to ask. Are squirrels typically hunted
> with something akin to birdshot? Is that shot not made of lead? In
> fact, "put it through a lead blender" sounds like a Spillane-esque way
> of saying that you hit a squirrel with too big a cartridge....

Here is what I use to shoot squirrels:
<http://home.att.net/~meiii5/pix/anzioan3.jpg>.

When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

On Oct 31, 8:00 am, Gary Young <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:04:19 -0600, carlfogel wrote:
> > Happily, the federal government operates on the principle that the
> > only good squirrel is a squirrel that's been run through a blender:

> > Http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/10/30/2007-10-30_squirrels_safe_to_eat_...

> > Of course, if the squirrel had been processed by stainless steel
> > spokes, no lead contamination would have occurred.

> > Cheers,

> > Carl Fogel

> Hmmmm.... If I had a bike like this:
>
> http://www.bikeblender.com/bikeblenders.html

*blink* *blink*

Are there actually customers sick and twisted enough to _buy_ those?

-M