NO qld daylight saving - hooray!!!!

Not above 30 in the morning. Thats why I like the ride early. Too hot late
in the arvo

news:[email protected]...

DaveB wrote:
> cfsmtb wrote:
>
>> rooman Wrote:
>>
>>> BUT.....Hey! its raining in Melbourne...woohoo, wondered what that
>>> sound was on the roof, my overflow tank outside is filling up and my
>>> brown crackling grass is getting a soaking...yeah...maybe a skinny dip
>>> outside would be fun...oops the air temp is like -3C...hmm antarctic
>>> rain ...maybe a warmer place to live would be the go...hmmmmm..(hums)
>>> "-we get a little further north each yea-........"

>> Our water tank overfloweth! :eek: My my, the broccoli and various
>> greenery is looking *so* much happier! I believe my all new "Worm
>> Castings Rain Summoning Ritual" worked earlier this morning (ie: 1am)
>> It's similar to my much older Tram Summoning Ritual, which involved
>> lighting a ciggie while waiting at a tram stop, although I've long
>> dumped the winnie blues for cycling instead. :p
>>

> My wife is now known as the rain maker. Each time over the last few
> months she has decided watering the garden has reached a crucial stage
> and watered in the evening, the following day it has rained. I'm
> thinking of renting her out to farmers.
>
> DaveB

I thought that was me finally getting the car washed yesterday ...

Of course the rain stopped as soon as I got out my umbrella.

jimmay said:
Of course the rain stopped as soon as I got out my umbrella.
I think we can all stop worrying. Our politicians have launched 'Water: A Time for Prayer' which kicked off yesterday at St Stephen's Cathedral in Brisbane.

So unless this God dude is a complete cnut, it should start raining shortly.

Lotte (never realised just how fscking dumb our pollies are)

LotteBum wrote:

> I think we can all stop worrying. Our politicians have launched
> 'Water: A Time for Prayer' which kicked off yesterday at St Stephen's
> Cathedral in Brisbane.
>
> So unless this God dude is a complete cnut, it should start raining
> shortly.
>
> Lotte (never realised just how fscking dumb our pollies are)

I know, you think politicians can't possibly get any dumber, and then

Theo

LotteBum wrote:

> I think we can all stop worrying. Our politicians have launched
> 'Water: A Time for Prayer' which kicked off yesterday at St Stephen's
> Cathedral in Brisbane.
>
> So unless this God dude is a complete cnut, it should start raining
> shortly.
>
> Lotte (never realised just how fscking dumb our pollies are)

We now have an occassional drizzle in sydney, but I blame that on
sweeping down my back deck to get it ready for its biannual re-oilling.

Theo Bekkers said:
I know, you think politicians can't possibly get any dumber, and then ........
Then again, maybe he's appealing to all those Family First supporters. Maybe that's not so dumb afterall. I wouldn't be very liked as a politician. If I were premier, I'd use a lot of Beattie's tactics - culling mainly.

Lotte (glad I can't vote for any of these idiots)

LotteBum wrote:
> Theo Bekkers Wrote:
>> I know, you think politicians can't possibly get any dumber, and then

> Then again, maybe he's appealing to all those Family First supporters.
> Maybe that's not so dumb afterall. I wouldn't be very liked as a
> politician. If I were premier, I'd use a lot of Beattie's tactics -
> culling mainly.
>
> Lotte (glad I can't vote for any of these idiots)

I'm finding Family First a great source of amusement. The local
candidate wrote to the paper saying there's no point in a long term plan
for traffic (state govt just announced one), we should be working on the
current problems or else by 2008 people won't be able to drive their
kids to school. Move along people, no sign of intelligent life here.

DaveB

DaveB said:
I'm finding Family First a great source of amusement. The local
candidate wrote to the paper saying there's no point in a long term plan for traffic (state govt just announced one), we should be working on the current problems or else by 2008 people won't be able to drive their kids to school. Move along people, no sign of intelligent life here.
Rather than amusing, I find that sort of **** infuriating. I'm assuming you wrote a letter to your local paper in response to this, yes?

Lotte

LotteBum wrote:
>> here.Rather than amusing, I find that sort of **** infuriating. I'm assuming

> you wrote a letter to your local paper in response to this, yes?

The letter was so completely stupid I couldn't credit it with a reply.
If it was less stupid I might have bothered (and have on quite a few
other occasions).

DaveB

LotteBum <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Hooray for you.
>
> I should start lobbying to have Qld divided into two states - us
> South Eastern folk are too influenced by the vote of the muggy northern
> bumkins.

You'd get a lot of support from the muggy northern bumkins.

Cheers

BrettM

On 2006-11-02, DaveB (aka Bruce)
> cfsmtb wrote:
>> Our water tank overfloweth! :eek: My my, the broccoli and various
>> greenery is looking *so* much happier! I believe my all new "Worm
>> Castings Rain Summoning Ritual" worked earlier this morning (ie: 1am)
>>
>> It's similar to my much older Tram Summoning Ritual, which involved
>> lighting a ciggie while waiting at a tram stop, although I've long
>> dumped the winnie blues for cycling instead. :p
>>

> My wife is now known as the rain maker. Each time over the last few
> months she has decided watering the garden has reached a crucial stage
> and watered in the evening, the following day it has rained. I'm
> thinking of renting her out to farmers.

The best I can manage on my first two nights of solo nightshift is to
summon all night cloud and fog, enough that the fog is repeatedly
tripping the rain alarm, but not enough to actually soak anything.

But ooh o ooh Orange is getting a good soaking today. 12 hours worth:
http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR042.loop.shtml

--
TimC
cat /kat/ n. A furry keyboard cover