Norco Buzz a good deal?

Badboy

Guest
This is my first post here. I was looking into getting a bike as Summer is right around the corner
here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I would like some opinions on the following bike and how much it
is worth. I would be buying it used and it is in excellent condition.

2001 Norco Buzz frame + Marzocchi Z5 fork for sale. Purchased August 2002 new, for $2400 (CAN),
asking $1000(CAN)

So that is approx $650US. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John

> This is my first post here. I was looking into getting a bike as Summer is right around the corner
> here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I would like some opinions on the following bike and how much
> it is worth. I would be buying it used and it is in excellent condition.
>
> 2001 Norco Buzz frame + Marzocchi Z5 fork for sale. Purchased August 2002 new, for $2400 (CAN),
> asking $1000(CAN)
>
> So that is approx $650US. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> John

I don't see how that would be $2400 new but it might be worth $1000 used. Check the bearing pivots
and shock eyelets for play and the fork for cracks or oil leaking.
--
_________________________

> This is my first post here. I was looking into getting a bike as Summer is right around the corner
> here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I would like some opinions on the following bike and how much
> it is worth. I would be buying it used and it is in excellent condition.
>
> 2001 Norco Buzz frame + Marzocchi Z5 fork for sale. Purchased August 2002 new, for $2400 (CAN),
> asking $1000(CAN)
>
> So that is approx $650US. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> John

I also ment to mention an entire 2001 Norco Buzz bike was $2199. And that was with Hayes HMX
disc brakes.
--
_________________________

In article <[email protected]>, BaDBoY wrote:
> This is my first post here. I was looking into getting a bike as Summer is right around the corner
> here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I would like some opinions on the following bike and how much
> it is worth. I would be buying it used and it is in excellent condition.
>
> 2001 Norco Buzz frame + Marzocchi Z5 fork for sale. Purchased August 2002 new, for $2400 (CAN),
> asking $1000(CAN)

Hey, neat. Another Edmontonian.

Anyway, I've got a 2000 VPS-3, so I can vouch for the construction and design of the bike. This uses
the same linkage parts/setup that my VPS-3, so you may want to ask about the condition of the
bushings. I recently had to replace mine. Redbike will be able to get them for you, but they're $4 a
bushing. Still, mine lasted a good long while before I wrecked one when I was tuning up my bike.

I think $1000 is a little high if all you get is the frame and fork. He's not selling the brakes or
anything? Those are costly things to buy. Consider as well that Redbike is selling a VPS Team DH
with a Shiver fork as a full bike for around $2400. That's a way better value for your money.

JS

--
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code