Now that the melt is over till the next time.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by [email protected], Jan 9, 2005.

  1. Showered my two commuters every work day this past week.
    And their lubed up. But one still sitting on the Turbo Cat Auto shut
    down charger. Now I Stool it and install the Sram X Generation
    front derailleur. Okay looks are great but they put a dame ribbit
    instead of a srcew on the cage. Means I have to break the chain to
    install it. And makes it harder to widen the cage if after tuning the
    chain stiil rubs the cage. Nice strong spring and the clamp will fit
    just about any seatstay from 26 to 34 mm. After installing I'll
    find if it compares with my other Sram stuff 5.0.7.0,and 9.0. If it
    doesn't I still can get the older Sram ones.
    MTBing 05

    Tags:

  2. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    you said:

    > but they put a dame ribbit
    >instead of a srcew on the cage.

    is this a cross between Dame Edna & Montgomery J Frog or something?

  3. mark

    mark Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Showered my two commuters every work day this past week.
    > And their lubed up. But one still sitting on the Turbo Cat Auto shut
    > down charger. Now I Stool it and install the Sram X Generation
    > front derailleur. Okay looks are great but they put a dame ribbit
    > instead of a srcew on the cage. Means I have to break the chain to
    > install it. And makes it harder to widen the cage if after tuning the
    > chain stiil rubs the cage. Nice strong spring and the clamp will fit
    > just about any seatstay from 26 to 34 mm. After installing I'll
    > find if it compares with my other Sram stuff 5.0.7.0,and 9.0. If it
    > doesn't I still can get the older Sram ones.
    > MTBing 05

    Get one of them thar Sram chains. No breaking required.

  4. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    you said:

    > Showered my two commuters every work day this past week.
    >And their lubed up. But one still sitting on the Turbo Cat Auto shut
    >down charger. Now I Stool it and install the Sram X Generation
    >front derailleur. Okay looks are great but they put a dame ribbit
    >instead of a srcew on the cage. Means I have to break the chain to
    >install it. And makes it harder to widen the cage if after tuning the
    >chain stiil rubs the cage. Nice strong spring and the clamp will fit
    >just about any seatstay from 26 to 34 mm. After installing I'll
    >find if it compares with my other Sram stuff 5.0.7.0,and 9.0. If it
    >doesn't I still can get the older Sram ones.
    >MTBing 05

    uh, sorry. that's Michigan J Frog

  5. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Dave W wrote:
    > you said:
    >

    >> Showered my two commuters every work day this past week.
    >>And their lubed up. But one still sitting on the Turbo Cat Auto shut
    >>down charger. Now I Stool it and install the Sram X Generation
    >>front derailleur. Okay looks are great but they put a dame ribbit
    >>instead of a srcew on the cage. Means I have to break the chain to
    >>install it. And makes it harder to widen the cage if after tuning the
    >>chain stiil rubs the cage. Nice strong spring and the clamp will fit
    >>just about any seatstay from 26 to 34 mm. After installing I'll
    >>find if it compares with my other Sram stuff 5.0.7.0,and 9.0. If it
    >>doesn't I still can get the older Sram ones.
    >>MTBing 05

    > uh, sorry. that's Michigan J Frog

    or Phineous T. Frog.

    --