melt damn you! MEEELLLLTTTTTT! RR

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mr Chris, Feb 12, 2003.

  1. Mr Chris

    Mr Chris Guest

    starting to get cabin fever here, tried to talk rat boy and crew to go out for a ride on some local
    trails, but they are trying to merge with an x-box and cant be moved. they say its the cold and the
    snow, but they are just wimps. i said what the heck, outfitted the hardtail with studs and
    platforms, put on all my warm clothes and hiking boots, and headed out. the trails where great,
    riding them was like riding one big log ride. since the hikers packed down a narrow ribbon trial
    which turned to ice you only had 6" width of singletrack. anyway it made of an interesting ride. i
    lasted about two hours before my left foot started to get cold. after a close call with frostbite a
    few years ago i decided to bail and take the half hour road ride back. though it would have been
    cool to have at least one toe in a jar above the bar here in bolton.
    http://www.ykhost.com/toe/sourtoe.html but then again i like my toes, any way here is a few pics of
    the ride http://www.geocities.com/singlesprocket/febhumberride.html

    mr chris

    Tags:

  2. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 01:52:25 GMT, "mr chris" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >starting to get cabin fever here, tried to talk rat boy and crew to go out for a ride on some local
    >trails, but they are trying to merge with an x-box and cant be moved. they say its the cold and the
    >snow, but they are just wimps. i said what the heck, outfitted the hardtail with studs and
    >platforms, put on all my warm clothes and hiking boots, and headed out. the trails where great,
    >riding them was like riding one big log ride. since the hikers packed down a narrow ribbon trial
    >which turned to ice you only had 6" width of singletrack. anyway it made of an interesting ride. i
    >lasted about two hours before my left foot started to get cold. after a close call with frostbite a
    >few years ago i decided to bail and take the half hour road ride back. though it would have been
    >cool to have at least one toe in a jar above the bar here in bolton.
    >http://www.ykhost.com/toe/sourtoe.html but then again i like my toes, any way here is a few pics of
    >the ride http://www.geocities.com/singlesprocket/febhumberride.html
    >
    >mr chris

    Nice, Bill

    :-]

  3. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

    mr chris wrote:

    > starting to get cabin fever here, tried to talk rat boy and crew to go out for a ride on some
    > local trails, but they are trying to merge with an x-box and cant be moved. they say its the cold
    > and the snow, but they are just wimps. i said what the heck, outfitted the hardtail with studs and
    > platforms, put on all my warm clothes and hiking boots, and headed out. the trails where great,
    > riding them was like riding one big log ride. since the hikers packed down a narrow ribbon trial
    > which turned to ice you only had 6" width of singletrack. anyway it made of an interesting ride. i
    > lasted about two hours before my left foot started to get cold. after a close call with frostbite
    > a few years ago i decided to bail and take the half hour road ride back. though it would have been
    > cool to have at least one toe in a jar above the bar here in bolton.
    > http://www.ykhost.com/toe/sourtoe.html but then again i like my toes, any way here is a few pics
    > of the ride http://www.geocities.com/singlesprocket/febhumberride.html
    >
    > mr chris

    Very nice Chris... Looked like a challange.... Is that yet another new bike???

    Jimbo(san)

  4. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "mr chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > starting to get cabin fever here, tried to talk rat boy and crew to go out for a ride on some
    > local trails, but they are trying to merge with an
    x-box
    > and cant be moved. they say its the cold and the snow, but they are just wimps. i said what the
    > heck, outfitted the hardtail with studs and platforms, put on all my warm clothes and hiking
    > boots, and headed out.
    the
    > trails where great, riding them was like riding one big log ride. since
    the
    > hikers packed down a narrow ribbon trial which turned to ice you only had
    6"
    > width of singletrack. anyway it made of an interesting ride. i lasted about two hours before my
    > left foot started to get cold. after a close
    call
    > with frostbite a few years ago i decided to bail and take the half hour
    road
    > ride back. though it would have been cool to have at least one toe in a
    jar
    > above the bar here in bolton. http://www.ykhost.com/toe/sourtoe.html but then again i like my
    > toes, any way here is a few pics of the ride
    > http://www.geocities.com/singlesprocket/febhumberride.html
    >
    > mr chris

    Ah yes, good ole' Humber Valley, I used to love riding that place, too bad I never got to do it in
    the dead winter with you guys. I remember the blackened toes frostbite incident. The hot water and
    bathtub were your saviours as I recall...

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  5. Mr Chris

    Mr Chris Guest

    ummmmm well yes, but its my last one really it is. im not even thinking about getting a balfa bb7
    with a monster t and magura gustav disc brakes... damn

    "jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > mr chris wrote:
    >
    > > starting to get cabin fever here, tried to talk rat boy and crew to go
    out
    > > for a ride on some local trails, but they are trying to merge with an
    x-box
    > > and cant be moved. they say its the cold and the snow, but they are
    just
    > > wimps. i said what the heck, outfitted the hardtail with studs and platforms, put on all my warm
    > > clothes and hiking boots, and headed out.
    the
    > > trails where great, riding them was like riding one big log ride. since
    the
    > > hikers packed down a narrow ribbon trial which turned to ice you only
    had 6"
    > > width of singletrack. anyway it made of an interesting ride. i lasted about two hours before my
    > > left foot started to get cold. after a close
    call
    > > with frostbite a few years ago i decided to bail and take the half hour
    road
    > > ride back. though it would have been cool to have at least one toe in a
    jar
    > > above the bar here in bolton. http://www.ykhost.com/toe/sourtoe.html but then again i like my
    > > toes, any way here is a few pics of the ride
    > > http://www.geocities.com/singlesprocket/febhumberride.html
    > >
    > > mr chris
    >
    > Very nice Chris... Looked like a challange.... Is that yet another new bike???
    >

    > Jimbo(san)

  6. Mr Chris

    Mr Chris Guest

    yup thats the one. i rather get a prince albert then go through that again.

    mr chris

    > "mr chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > starting to get cabin fever here, tried to talk rat boy and crew to go
    out
    > > for a ride on some local trails, but they are trying to merge with an
    > x-box
    > > and cant be moved. they say its the cold and the snow, but they are
    just
    > > wimps. i said what the heck, outfitted the hardtail with studs and platforms, put on all my warm
    > > clothes and hiking boots, and headed out.
    > the
    > > trails where great, riding them was like riding one big log ride. since
    > the
    > > hikers packed down a narrow ribbon trial which turned to ice you only
    had
    > 6"
    > > width of singletrack. anyway it made of an interesting ride. i lasted about two hours before my
    > > left foot started to get cold. after a close
    > call
    > > with frostbite a few years ago i decided to bail and take the half hour
    > road
    > > ride back. though it would have been cool to have at least one toe in a
    > jar
    > > above the bar here in bolton. http://www.ykhost.com/toe/sourtoe.html but then again i like my
    > > toes, any way here is a few pics of the ride
    > > http://www.geocities.com/singlesprocket/febhumberride.html
    > >
    > > mr chris
    >
    > Ah yes, good ole' Humber Valley, I used to love riding that place, too bad
    > never got to do it in the dead winter with you guys. I remember the blackened toes frostbite
    > incident. The hot water and bathtub were your saviours as I recall...
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    mr chris <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > ummmmm well yes, but its my last one really it is. im not even thinking about getting a balfa bb7
    > with a monster t and magura gustav disc
    brakes...
    > damn

    I should think not too!

    Shaun aRe - Magura disc brakes indeed......sheesh....