numbness in the saddle - please help

benson

Jul 17, 2004
I've been riding for roughly six months and experience numbness during every ride (30-40miles). I was first told don't worry about it, but now the numbness won't go away. A respected bike shop fit me for my bike, so I'm not sure what's going on. Is it my position in the saddle? Should I get a new saddle? If so, what kind? Should I raise or lower my saddle? Thanks for any suggestions or insight you might be able to offer.

I have had the same problem.I had to change my saddle.What futher helped for me was to adjust the height and tilt the nose of the saddle up and down.Make small adjustments untill it is right for you.It took a while to sort out and I am still making small adjustments to get it "just right".Hope this helps but be patient it takes a while.:) .

I've been riding for roughly six months and experience numbness during every ride (30-40miles). I was first told don't worry about it, but now the numbness won't go away. A respected bike shop fit me for my bike, so I'm not sure what's going on. Is it my position in the saddle? Should I get a new saddle? If so, what kind? Should I raise or lower my saddle? Thanks for any suggestions or insight you might be able to offer.
Get off the upright bike now... get a recumbent infinitely more comfy with no saddle and neck discomfort way more aero too

Get off the upstanding bicycle now... get a prostrate endlessly increasingly comfortable with no seat and neck inconvenience much more air as well