General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

NYNY - Fred - Dec 3rd

Started by Fred · · Last activity · 75 posts · 1,176 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
27 December 2003
Last activity
26 January 2004
Original author
Fred
Posts
75
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,176
Views / 30 days
7

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–60 of 75
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Watch the fudge and send some here (G)

    Best making it through with minimal tastes

    Joyce said:

    Ya know, not much has been mentioned here either. I finally tackled the family today to get plans
    nailed down - need to know what direction I am moving mom in. So Christmas Eve will be at my oldest
    girls home (pizza and mosticolli), Christmas breakfast at my house, and Christmas dinner at MIL's
    house. I do think it will all be easily survivable though. I am expecting some damage is already
    done, just from this last weeks craziness. And my youngest girl already has next weekend pinned
    down for fudge and cookie making. Just when I thought I had been able to keep the stuff out of the
    house. Oh well .........

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    Actually, other than the work lunch, no one has mentioned Xmas yet - well, the orphan's dinner
    (all those folks who moved here from elsewhere) which has been happening with friends now for 30
    years. That's always xmas day.

    Joyce said:

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:46:18 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Thanks.
    >
    >Boy, you and Lesanne were in here fast! (G)

    Yup, I have fallen behind with the newsgroup - managed to pop in here for a few minutes while I
    caught my breath from the afternoon running.

    >Maybe I will just become more of a hermit and not accept any invitations to any parties. (g)

    Yeah, sure - like THAT'S gonna happen. <G>

    Joyce

    >
    >On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:23:34 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>No matter what clothing option you choose, you still are well below your goal weight.
    >>Congratulations on keeping everything under control through the first step of the holiday
    >>season.
    >>
    >>Joyce
    >>
    >>
    >>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:02:06 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Okay, it was up as expected but it was quiet enough (empty) that I could WI twice (G)
    >>>
    >>>What this means is that I will definitely be UP next week if I use their numbers and my warmer
    >>>wardrobe unless I simulaneously pull off a major drop. Or using the new information on
    >>>clothing weight, I could recalculate a "constant" weight by always subtracting the amount
    >>>shown below. Too anal - probably! (G)
    >>>
    >>>So (drumroll) the numbers this week are .....
    >>>
    >>>The usual wardrobe (shorts and T-shirt): 158.4 Gain: 1.4
    >>>
    >>>The winter wardrobe weighed 1.6 pounds more and included jeans and a turtleneck shirt and I
    >>>weighed 160.0
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Fred
    >>>219.2/158.4/164. (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  2. Keep fudge and cookies out at Christmas??? No way, just not possible. I hadn't planned to do any
    baking, but guess what? DH asked "where are the cookies and mincemeat [censored] that you usually bake",
    so that was last weekend shot. Baked sugar cookies, gingerbread, and mincemeat [censored]. The [censored] are
    gone already, yes I did have a few, but luckily they are just the really tiny ones. Guess I'll have
    to make more again this weekend though.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ya know, not much has been mentioned here either. I finally tackled the


    family

    Quoted message said:

    today to get plans nailed down - need to know what direction I am moving


    mom in.

    Quoted message said:

    So Christmas Eve will be at my oldest girls home (pizza and mosticolli),


    Christmas

    Quoted message said:

    breakfast at my house, and Christmas dinner at MIL's house. I do think it


    will

    Quoted message said:

    all be easily survivable though. I am expecting some damage is already


    done, just

    Quoted message said:

    from this last weeks craziness. And my youngest girl already has next


    weekend

    Quoted message said:

    pinned down for fudge and cookie making. Just when I thought I had been


    able to

    Quoted message said:

    keep the stuff out of the house. Oh well .........

    Joyce

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 06:11:03 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Actually, other than the work lunch, no one has mentioned Xmas yet - well, the orphan's dinner
    (all those folks who moved here from elsewhere) which has been happening with friends now for 30
    years. That's always xmas day.

    Joyce said:

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:46:18 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    >Thanks.
    >
    >Boy, you and Lesanne were in here fast! (G)

    Yup, I have fallen behind with the newsgroup - managed to pop in here


    for a few

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    minutes while I caught my breath from the afternoon running.

    >Maybe I will just become more of a hermit and not accept any invitations to any parties. (g)

    Yeah, sure - like THAT'S gonna happen. <G>

    Joyce

    >
    >On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:23:34 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>No matter what clothing option you choose, you still are well below


    your goal

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>weight. Congratulations on keeping everything under control through


    the first

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>step of the holiday season.
    >>
    >>Joyce
    >>
    >>
    >>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:02:06 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>
    >>>Okay, it was up as expected but it was quiet enough (empty) that I could WI twice (G)
    >>>
    >>>What this means is that I will definitely be UP next week if I use their numbers and my
    >>>warmer wardrobe unless I simulaneously pull off


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>major drop. Or using the new information on clothing weight, I could recalculate a "constant"
    >>>weight by always subtracting the amount


    shown

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>below. Too anal - probably! (G)
    >>>
    >>>So (drumroll) the numbers this week are .....
    >>>
    >>>The usual wardrobe (shorts and T-shirt): 158.4 Gain: 1.4
    >>>
    >>>The winter wardrobe weighed 1.6 pounds more and included jeans and a turtleneck shirt and I
    >>>weighed 160.0
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Fred
    >>>219.2/158.4/164. (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  3. Awwwwww c'mon .. humor us! You know if the roles were reversed, you would jump all over us to post
    our topless photos. <G>

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    I have a good one of me in bicycling shorts and no shirt but I can just imagine the hullabalu it
    would create so I do NOT think so.

    Brenda Hammond said:

    Well, I'll admit, the thought of an indecent picture sounds kind of interesting.... When are you
    posting pics for us again????

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Oh, yes you would! (G)

    On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 06:16:20 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Maybe it is a good thing that you have that clothing allowance then. Wouldn't want you arrested
    >for indecent exposure!
    >
    >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> That's enough from the northerly contingent! (G)
    >>
    >> It was not quite empty and my leader probably would have me arrested.
    >>
    >> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:31:50 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Sorry about the little gain Fred, but you're still under goal and


    that's

    Quoted message said:

    >> >great! Gee if the place was empty, why didn't you weigh naked?
    >>
    >


  4. I remembering figuring the point value for the fudge last year, really wasn't too bad if cutting the
    pieces small (about 1" cube). 1 point per piece, and I can't eat too many of them as it really is
    rich. And if those tastes get the best of me, I will kick things back in gear the first of the year.
    Decision made today ... enjoy the holiday time with the kids, don't fret about the small stuff.
    Youngest one is very ill with the flu, so I am running around trying valiantly to get things done
    around here ... before it hits me. <sigh>

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    Watch the fudge and send some here (G)

    Best making it through with minimal tastes

    Joyce said:

    Ya know, not much has been mentioned here either. I finally tackled the family today to get plans
    nailed down - need to know what direction I am moving mom in. So Christmas Eve will be at my
    oldest girls home (pizza and mosticolli), Christmas breakfast at my house, and Christmas dinner at
    MIL's house. I do think it will all be easily survivable though. I am expecting some damage is
    already done, just from this last weeks craziness. And my youngest girl already has next weekend
    pinned down for fudge and cookie making. Just when I thought I had been able to keep the stuff out
    of the house. Oh well .........

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    Actually, other than the work lunch, no one has mentioned Xmas yet - well, the orphan's dinner
    (all those folks who moved here from elsewhere) which has been happening with friends now for 30
    years. That's always xmas day.

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:17:37 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:46:18 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks.
    >>
    >>Boy, you and Lesanne were in here fast! (G)
    >
    >Yup, I have fallen behind with the newsgroup - managed to pop in here for a few minutes while I
    >caught my breath from the afternoon running.
    >
    >>Maybe I will just become more of a hermit and not accept any invitations to any parties. (g)
    >
    >Yeah, sure - like THAT'S gonna happen. <G>
    >
    >Joyce
    >
    >>
    >>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:23:34 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>No matter what clothing option you choose, you still are well below your goal weight.
    >>>Congratulations on keeping everything under control through the first step of the holiday
    >>>season.
    >>>
    >>>Joyce
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:02:06 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>Okay, it was up as expected but it was quiet enough (empty) that I could WI twice (G)
    >>>>
    >>>>What this means is that I will definitely be UP next week if I use their numbers and my
    >>>>warmer wardrobe unless I simulaneously pull off a major drop. Or using the new information on
    >>>>clothing weight, I could recalculate a "constant" weight by always subtracting the amount
    >>>>shown below. Too anal - probably! (G)
    >>>>
    >>>>So (drumroll) the numbers this week are .....
    >>>>
    >>>>The usual wardrobe (shorts and T-shirt): 158.4 Gain: 1.4
    >>>>
    >>>>The winter wardrobe weighed 1.6 pounds more and included jeans and a turtleneck shirt and I
    >>>>weighed 160.0
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>Fred
    >>>>219.2/158.4/164. (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  5. Well, I'll show mine if YOU ALL shows yours (gd&r)

    Joyce said:

    Awwwwww c'mon .. humor us! You know if the roles were reversed, you would jump all over us to post
    our topless photos. <G>

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    I have a good one of me in bicycling shorts and no shirt but I can just imagine the hullabalu it
    would create so I do NOT think so.

    Brenda Hammond said:

    Well, I'll admit, the thought of an indecent picture sounds kind of interesting.... When are you
    posting pics for us again????

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Oh, yes you would! (G)
    >
    > On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 06:16:20 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >Maybe it is a good thing that you have that clothing allowance then. Wouldn't want you
    > >arrested for indecent exposure!
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> That's enough from the northerly contingent! (G)
    > >>
    > >> It was not quite empty and my leader probably would have me arrested.
    > >>
    > >> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:31:50 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >Sorry about the little gain Fred, but you're still under goal and
    that's
    > >> >great! Gee if the place was empty, why didn't you weigh naked?
    > >>
    > >
    >


  6. "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I remembering figuring the point value for the fudge last year, really


    wasn't too

    Quoted message said:

    bad if cutting the pieces small (about 1" cube). 1 point per piece, and I


    can't

    Quoted message said:

    eat too many of them as it really is rich. And if those tastes get the


    best of

    Quoted message said:

    me, I will kick things back in gear the first of the year. Decision made


    today

    Quoted message said:

    ... enjoy the holiday time with the kids, don't fret about the small


    stuff.

    Quoted message said:

    Youngest one is very ill with the flu, so I am running around trying


    valiantly to

    Quoted message said:

    get things done around here ... before it hits me. <sigh>

    Hope your daughter feels better soon. One consolation is, she should be over it by Christmas.

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:01:58 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Watch the fudge and send some here (G)

    Best making it through with minimal tastes

    Joyce said:

    Ya know, not much has been mentioned here either. I finally tackled the


    family

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    today to get plans nailed down - need to know what direction I am moving


    mom in.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    So Christmas Eve will be at my oldest girls home (pizza and mosticolli),


    Christmas

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    breakfast at my house, and Christmas dinner at MIL's house. I do think


    it will

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    all be easily survivable though. I am expecting some damage is already


    done, just

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    from this last weeks craziness. And my youngest girl already has next


    weekend

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    pinned down for fudge and cookie making. Just when I thought I had been


    able to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    keep the stuff out of the house. Oh well .........

    Joyce

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 06:11:03 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    >Actually, other than the work lunch, no one has mentioned Xmas yet - well, the orphan's dinner
    >(all those folks who moved here from elsewhere) which has been happening with friends now for
    >30 years. That's always xmas day.
    >
    >On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:17:37 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:46:18 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>
    >>>Boy, you and Lesanne were in here fast! (G)
    >>
    >>Yup, I have fallen behind with the newsgroup - managed to pop in here


    for a few

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>minutes while I caught my breath from the afternoon running.
    >>
    >>>Maybe I will just become more of a hermit and not accept any invitations to any parties. (g)
    >>
    >>Yeah, sure - like THAT'S gonna happen. <G>
    >>
    >>Joyce
    >>
    >>>
    >>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:23:34 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>No matter what clothing option you choose, you still are well below


    your goal

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>weight. Congratulations on keeping everything under control through


    the first

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>step of the holiday season.
    >>>>
    >>>>Joyce
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:02:06 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>
    >>>>>Okay, it was up as expected but it was quiet enough (empty) that I could WI twice (G)
    >>>>>
    >>>>>What this means is that I will definitely be UP next week if I use their numbers and my
    >>>>>warmer wardrobe unless I simulaneously pull


    off a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>>major drop. Or using the new information on clothing weight, I


    could

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>>recalculate a "constant" weight by always subtracting the amount


    shown

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>>below. Too anal - probably! (G)
    >>>>>
    >>>>>So (drumroll) the numbers this week are .....
    >>>>>
    >>>>>The usual wardrobe (shorts and T-shirt): 158.4 Gain: 1.4
    >>>>>
    >>>>>The winter wardrobe weighed 1.6 pounds more and included jeans and


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>>turtleneck shirt and I weighed 160.0
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Fred
    >>>>>219.2/158.4/164. (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  7. Joyce, you have had it all in the last few weeks. I hope the flu flies past you. Best to daughter

    Joyce said:

    I remembering figuring the point value for the fudge last year, really wasn't too bad if cutting
    the pieces small (about 1" cube). 1 point per piece, and I can't eat too many of them as it really
    is rich. And if those tastes get the best of me, I will kick things back in gear the first of the
    year. Decision made today ... enjoy the holiday time with the kids, don't fret about the small
    stuff. Youngest one is very ill with the flu, so I am running around trying valiantly to get things
    done around here ... before it hits me. <sigh>

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    Watch the fudge and send some here (G)

    Best making it through with minimal tastes

    Joyce said:

    Ya know, not much has been mentioned here either. I finally tackled the family today to get plans
    nailed down - need to know what direction I am moving mom in. So Christmas Eve will be at my
    oldest girls home (pizza and mosticolli), Christmas breakfast at my house, and Christmas dinner
    at MIL's house. I do think it will all be easily survivable though. I am expecting some damage is
    already done, just from this last weeks craziness. And my youngest girl already has next weekend
    pinned down for fudge and cookie making. Just when I thought I had been able to keep the stuff
    out of the house. Oh well .........

    Joyce

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 06:11:03 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Actually, other than the work lunch, no one has mentioned Xmas yet - well, the orphan's dinner
    >(all those folks who moved here from elsewhere) which has been happening with friends now for 30
    >years. That's always xmas day.
    >
    >On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:17:37 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:46:18 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>
    >>>Boy, you and Lesanne were in here fast! (G)
    >>
    >>Yup, I have fallen behind with the newsgroup - managed to pop in here for a few minutes while I
    >>caught my breath from the afternoon running.
    >>
    >>>Maybe I will just become more of a hermit and not accept any invitations to any parties. (g)
    >>
    >>Yeah, sure - like THAT'S gonna happen. <G>
    >>
    >>Joyce
    >>
    >>>
    >>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:23:34 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>No matter what clothing option you choose, you still are well below your goal weight.
    >>>>Congratulations on keeping everything under control through the first step of the holiday
    >>>>season.
    >>>>
    >>>>Joyce
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:02:06 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>>Okay, it was up as expected but it was quiet enough (empty) that I could WI twice (G)
    >>>>>
    >>>>>What this means is that I will definitely be UP next week if I use their numbers and my
    >>>>>warmer wardrobe unless I simulaneously pull off a major drop. Or using the new information
    >>>>>on clothing weight, I could recalculate a "constant" weight by always subtracting the amount
    >>>>>shown below. Too anal - probably! (G)
    >>>>>
    >>>>>So (drumroll) the numbers this week are .....
    >>>>>
    >>>>>The usual wardrobe (shorts and T-shirt): 158.4 Gain: 1.4
    >>>>>
    >>>>>The winter wardrobe weighed 1.6 pounds more and included jeans and a turtleneck shirt and I
    >>>>>weighed 160.0
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Fred
    >>>>>219.2/158.4/164. (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  8. You first. <g>

    Fred said:

    Well, I'll show mine if YOU ALL shows yours (gd&r)

    Joyce said:

    Awwwwww c'mon .. humor us! You know if the roles were reversed, you would jump all over us to post
    our topless photos. <G>

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    I have a good one of me in bicycling shorts and no shirt but I can just imagine the hullabalu it
    would create so I do NOT think so.

    On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 19:39:05 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Well, I'll admit, the thought of an indecent picture sounds kind of interesting.... When are you
    >posting pics for us again????
    >
    >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> Oh, yes you would! (G)
    >>
    >> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 06:16:20 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Maybe it is a good thing that you have that clothing allowance then. Wouldn't want you
    >> >arrested for indecent exposure!
    >> >
    >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> >> That's enough from the northerly contingent! (G)
    >> >>
    >> >> It was not quite empty and my leader probably would have me arrested.
    >> >>
    >> >> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:31:50 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >> >Sorry about the little gain Fred, but you're still under goal and
    >that's
    >> >> >great! Gee if the place was empty, why didn't you weigh naked?
    >> >>
    >> >
    >>


  9. You blinked and missed it. Besides, there was an unbuttoned shot in my web vacation shots, I believe

    Joyce said:

    You first. <g>

    Fred said:

    Well, I'll show mine if YOU ALL shows yours (gd&r)

    Joyce said:

    Awwwwww c'mon .. humor us! You know if the roles were reversed, you would jump all over us to
    post our topless photos. <G>

    Joyce

    On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:08:47 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >I have a good one of me in bicycling shorts and no shirt but I can just imagine the hullabalu it
    >would create so I do NOT think so.
    >
    >On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 19:39:05 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>Well, I'll admit, the thought of an indecent picture sounds kind of interesting.... When are
    >>you posting pics for us again????
    >>
    >>"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >>"]news:[email hidden]...
    >>> Oh, yes you would! (G)
    >>>
    >>> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 06:16:20 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> >Maybe it is a good thing that you have that clothing allowance then. Wouldn't want you
    >>> >arrested for indecent exposure!
    >>> >
    >>> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >>> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >>> >> That's enough from the northerly contingent! (G)
    >>> >>
    >>> >> It was not quite empty and my leader probably would have me arrested.
    >>> >>
    >>> >> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:31:50 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]>
    >>> >> wrote:
    >>> >>
    >>> >> >Sorry about the little gain Fred, but you're still under goal and
    >>that's
    >>> >> >great! Gee if the place was empty, why didn't you weigh naked?
    >>> >>
    >>> >
    >>>

  10. not in this one, wouldn't want to wreck the psyche of so many at once, Lee
    Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You first. <g>

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:02:42 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Well, I'll show mine if YOU ALL shows yours (gd&r)

    Joyce said:

    Awwwwww c'mon .. humor us! You know if the roles were reversed, you


    would jump

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    all over us to post our topless photos. <G>

    Joyce

    On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:08:47 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    >I have a good one of me in bicycling shorts and no shirt but I can just imagine the hullabalu
    >it would create so I do NOT think so.
    >
    >On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 19:39:05 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>Well, I'll admit, the thought of an indecent picture sounds kind of interesting.... When are
    >>you posting pics for us again????
    >>
    >>"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >>"]news:[email hidden]...
    >>> Oh, yes you would! (G)
    >>>
    >>> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 06:16:20 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> >Maybe it is a good thing that you have that clothing allowance


    then.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>> >Wouldn't want you arrested for indecent exposure!
    >>> >
    >>> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >>> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >>> >> That's enough from the northerly contingent! (G)
    >>> >>
    >>> >> It was not quite empty and my leader probably would have me


    arrested.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>> >>
    >>> >> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:31:50 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]>
    >>> >> wrote:
    >>> >>
    >>> >> >Sorry about the little gain Fred, but you're still under goal


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>that's
    >>> >> >great! Gee if the place was empty, why didn't you weigh naked?
    >>> >>
    >>> >
    >>>
    >

  11. GGGGGG.

    Miss Violette said:

    not in this one, wouldn't want to wreck the psyche of so many at once, Lee Joyce <[email hidden]>
    wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You first. <g>

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:02:42 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Well, I'll show mine if YOU ALL shows yours (gd&r)

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:21:30 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Awwwwww c'mon .. humor us! You know if the roles were reversed, you


    would jump

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >all over us to post our topless photos. <G>
    >
    >Joyce
    >
    >On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:08:47 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    >>I have a good one of me in bicycling shorts and no shirt but I can just imagine the hullabalu
    >>it would create so I do NOT think so.
    >>
    >>On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 19:39:05 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Well, I'll admit, the thought of an indecent picture sounds kind of interesting.... When are
    >>>you posting pics for us again????
    >>>
    >>>"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >>>"]news:[email hidden]...
    >>>> Oh, yes you would! (G)
    >>>>
    >>>> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 06:16:20 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> >Maybe it is a good thing that you have that clothing allowance


    then.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>> >Wouldn't want you arrested for indecent exposure!
    >>>> >
    >>>> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >>>> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >>>> >> That's enough from the northerly contingent! (G)
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >> It was not quite empty and my leader probably would have me


    arrested.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>> >>
    >>>> >> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:31:50 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]>
    >>>> >> wrote:
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >> >Sorry about the little gain Fred, but you're still under goal


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>that's
    >>>> >> >great! Gee if the place was empty, why didn't you weigh naked?
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >
    >>>>
    >>>


  12. Due to daughters bout of the flu, treats have been pretty minimal this season. I did reattempt the
    toffee yesterday, came out fantastic this time around (amazing what a working candy thermometer will
    do). Fudge will be this week-end, and probably will retry a cookie recipe my daughter wanted to
    make. OH! And I still want to try Lesanne's fruit cake. That's it. No one here eats too much of the
    cookies, other than myself ... better not to have too much laying around. <g>

    Joyce

    Brenda Hammond said:

    Keep fudge and cookies out at Christmas??? No way, just not possible. I hadn't planned to do any
    baking, but guess what? DH asked "where are the cookies and mincemeat [censored] that you usually bake",
    so that was last weekend shot. Baked sugar cookies, gingerbread, and mincemeat [censored]. The [censored] are
    gone already, yes I did have a few, but luckily they are just the really tiny ones. Guess I'll have
    to make more again this weekend though.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ya know, not much has been mentioned here either. I finally tackled the


    family

    Quoted message said:

    today to get plans nailed down - need to know what direction I am moving


    mom in.

    Quoted message said:

    So Christmas Eve will be at my oldest girls home (pizza and mosticolli),


    Christmas

    Quoted message said:

    breakfast at my house, and Christmas dinner at MIL's house. I do think it


    will

    Quoted message said:

    all be easily survivable though. I am expecting some damage is already


    done, just

    Quoted message said:

    from this last weeks craziness. And my youngest girl already has next


    weekend

    Quoted message said:

    pinned down for fudge and cookie making. Just when I thought I had been


    able to

    Quoted message said:

    keep the stuff out of the house. Oh well .........

    Joyce

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 06:11:03 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Actually, other than the work lunch, no one has mentioned Xmas yet - well, the orphan's dinner
    (all those folks who moved here from elsewhere) which has been happening with friends now for 30
    years. That's always xmas day.

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:17:37 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:46:18 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    >>Thanks.
    >>
    >>Boy, you and Lesanne were in here fast! (G)
    >
    >Yup, I have fallen behind with the newsgroup - managed to pop in here


    for a few

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >minutes while I caught my breath from the afternoon running.
    >
    >>Maybe I will just become more of a hermit and not accept any invitations to any parties. (g)
    >
    >Yeah, sure - like THAT'S gonna happen. <G>
    >
    >Joyce
    >
    >>
    >>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:23:34 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>No matter what clothing option you choose, you still are well below


    your goal

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>weight. Congratulations on keeping everything under control through


    the first

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>step of the holiday season.
    >>>
    >>>Joyce
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:02:06 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>
    >>>>Okay, it was up as expected but it was quiet enough (empty) that I could WI twice (G)
    >>>>
    >>>>What this means is that I will definitely be UP next week if I use their numbers and my
    >>>>warmer wardrobe unless I simulaneously pull off


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>major drop. Or using the new information on clothing weight, I could recalculate a
    >>>>"constant" weight by always subtracting the amount


    shown

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>below. Too anal - probably! (G)
    >>>>
    >>>>So (drumroll) the numbers this week are .....
    >>>>
    >>>>The usual wardrobe (shorts and T-shirt): 158.4 Gain: 1.4
    >>>>
    >>>>The winter wardrobe weighed 1.6 pounds more and included jeans and a turtleneck shirt and I
    >>>>weighed 160.0
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>Fred
    >>>>219.2/158.4/164. (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002


  13. "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Due to daughters bout of the flu, treats have been pretty minimal this


    season. I

    Quoted message said:

    did reattempt the toffee yesterday, came out fantastic this time around


    (amazing

    Quoted message said:

    what a working candy thermometer will do). Fudge will be this week-end,


    and

    Quoted message said:

    probably will retry a cookie recipe my daughter wanted to make. OH! And


    I still

    Quoted message said:

    want to try Lesanne's fruit cake. That's it. No one here eats too much


    of the

    Quoted message said:

    cookies, other than myself ... better not to have too much laying around.


    <g>

    I've got a few things I need to make this weekend. I always give the photographer who takes
    Nicholas' pictures a food hamper at Christmas as he refuses to charge me for the photos and he
    usually does about 40! Last year I gave him a basket of baking (butter [censored], cookies, fruit cake,
    etc.). This year I'll give him some baking as well as a lasagna. I found a great recipe if one can
    afford to eat a high fat/calorie meal once in awhile. Made it once for DH and gave Dan (the
    photographer) a small pan as well, both were very impressed. Even Dan's mother was impressed. Dan's
    a single parent, and his son is 20 and away at university most of the year. He has a large house
    with two floors. His mom lives upstairs and Dan and Mike live downstairs. I figure that since he is
    a bachelor he probably doesn't get much of the type of food I give him and doing that once a year
    won't make him too fat! He appreciates it anyway!

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    Brenda Hammond said:

    Keep fudge and cookies out at Christmas??? No way, just not possible. I hadn't planned to do any
    baking, but guess what? DH asked "where are the cookies and mincemeat [censored] that you usually
    bake", so that was last


    weekend

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    shot. Baked sugar cookies, gingerbread, and mincemeat [censored]. The [censored]


    are

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    gone already, yes I did have a few, but luckily they are just the really tiny ones. Guess I'll
    have to make more again this weekend though.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ya know, not much has been mentioned here either. I finally tackled


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    family

    Quoted message said:

    today to get plans nailed down - need to know what direction I am


    moving

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    mom in.

    Quoted message said:

    So Christmas Eve will be at my oldest girls home (pizza and


    mosticolli),

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Christmas

    Quoted message said:

    breakfast at my house, and Christmas dinner at MIL's house. I do think


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    will

    Quoted message said:

    all be easily survivable though. I am expecting some damage is already


    done, just

    Quoted message said:

    from this last weeks craziness. And my youngest girl already has next


    weekend

    Quoted message said:

    pinned down for fudge and cookie making. Just when I thought I had


    been

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    able to

    Quoted message said:

    keep the stuff out of the house. Oh well .........

    Joyce

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 06:11:03 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:


    >Actually, other than the work lunch, no one has mentioned Xmas yet - well, the orphan's dinner
    >(all those folks who moved here from elsewhere) which has been happening with friends now for
    >30 years. That's always xmas day.
    >
    >On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:17:37 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:46:18 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:

    >>
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>
    >>>Boy, you and Lesanne were in here fast! (G)
    >>
    >>Yup, I have fallen behind with the newsgroup - managed to pop in here


    for a few

    Quoted message said:

    >>minutes while I caught my breath from the afternoon running.
    >>
    >>>Maybe I will just become more of a hermit and not accept any invitations to any parties. (g)
    >>
    >>Yeah, sure - like THAT'S gonna happen. <G>
    >>
    >>Joyce
    >>
    >>>
    >>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:23:34 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>No matter what clothing option you choose, you still are well below


    your goal

    Quoted message said:

    >>>>weight. Congratulations on keeping everything under control


    through

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the first

    Quoted message said:

    >>>>step of the holiday season.
    >>>>
    >>>>Joyce
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:02:06 -0800, Fred


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>
    >>>>>Okay, it was up as expected but it was quiet enough (empty) that I could WI twice (G)
    >>>>>
    >>>>>What this means is that I will definitely be UP next week if I use their numbers and my
    >>>>>warmer wardrobe unless I simulaneously pull


    off

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a

    Quoted message said:

    >>>>>major drop. Or using the new information on clothing weight, I


    could

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>>recalculate a "constant" weight by always subtracting the amount


    shown

    Quoted message said:

    >>>>>below. Too anal - probably! (G)
    >>>>>
    >>>>>So (drumroll) the numbers this week are .....
    >>>>>
    >>>>>The usual wardrobe (shorts and T-shirt): 158.4 Gain: 1.4
    >>>>>
    >>>>>The winter wardrobe weighed 1.6 pounds more and included jeans and


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>>turtleneck shirt and I weighed 160.0
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Fred
    >>>>>219.2/158.4/164. (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  14. Brenda Hammond said:


    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I remembering figuring the point value for the fudge last year, really


    wasn't too

    Quoted message said:

    bad if cutting the pieces small (about 1" cube). 1 point per piece, and I


    can't

    Quoted message said:

    eat too many of them as it really is rich. And if those tastes get the


    best of

    Quoted message said:

    me, I will kick things back in gear the first of the year. Decision made


    today

    Quoted message said:

    ... enjoy the holiday time with the kids, don't fret about the small


    stuff.

    Quoted message said:

    Youngest one is very ill with the flu, so I am running around trying


    valiantly to

    Quoted message said:

    get things done around here ... before it hits me. <sigh>

    Hope your daughter feels better soon. One consolation is, she should be over it by Christmas.

    Thanks Brenda, and that is what I've been telling her. She seems to have really perked up this
    evening, smiling and laughing again - and even got a little bit of dinner into her.

    Joyce

  15. Thanks Fred. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it misses me, as well as trying to think
    positively. Daughter is feeling so much better this evening, wonderful to see her back to somewhat
    of a human again. She doesn't wear the pasty look very well. <G>

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    Joyce, you have had it all in the last few weeks. I hope the flu flies past you. Best to daughter

    Joyce said:

    I remembering figuring the point value for the fudge last year, really wasn't too bad if cutting
    the pieces small (about 1" cube). 1 point per piece, and I can't eat too many of them as it really
    is rich. And if those tastes get the best of me, I will kick things back in gear the first of the
    year. Decision made today ... enjoy the holiday time with the kids, don't fret about the small
    stuff. Youngest one is very ill with the flu, so I am running around trying valiantly to get
    things done around here ... before it hits me. <sigh>

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    Watch the fudge and send some here (G)

    Best making it through with minimal tastes

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:20:21 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Ya know, not much has been mentioned here either. I finally tackled the family today to get
    >plans nailed down - need to know what direction I am moving mom in. So Christmas Eve will be at
    >my oldest girls home (pizza and mosticolli), Christmas breakfast at my house, and Christmas
    >dinner at MIL's house. I do think it will all be easily survivable though. I am expecting some
    >damage is already done, just from this last weeks craziness. And my youngest girl already has
    >next weekend pinned down for fudge and cookie making. Just when I thought I had been able to
    >keep the stuff out of the house. Oh well .........
    >
    >Joyce
    >
    >
    >On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 06:11:03 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>Actually, other than the work lunch, no one has mentioned Xmas yet - well, the orphan's dinner
    >>(all those folks who moved here from elsewhere) which has been happening with friends now for
    >>30 years. That's always xmas day.
    >>
    >>On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:17:37 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:46:18 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>Thanks.
    >>>>
    >>>>Boy, you and Lesanne were in here fast! (G)
    >>>
    >>>Yup, I have fallen behind with the newsgroup - managed to pop in here for a few minutes while
    >>>I caught my breath from the afternoon running.
    >>>
    >>>>Maybe I will just become more of a hermit and not accept any invitations to any parties. (g)
    >>>
    >>>Yeah, sure - like THAT'S gonna happen. <G>
    >>>
    >>>Joyce
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:23:34 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>>No matter what clothing option you choose, you still are well below your goal weight.
    >>>>>Congratulations on keeping everything under control through the first step of the holiday
    >>>>>season.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Joyce
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:02:06 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>Okay, it was up as expected but it was quiet enough (empty) that I could WI twice (G)
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>What this means is that I will definitely be UP next week if I use their numbers and my
    >>>>>>warmer wardrobe unless I simulaneously pull off a major drop. Or using the new information
    >>>>>>on clothing weight, I could recalculate a "constant" weight by always subtracting the
    >>>>>>amount shown below. Too anal - probably! (G)
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>So (drumroll) the numbers this week are .....
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>The usual wardrobe (shorts and T-shirt): 158.4 Gain: 1.4
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>The winter wardrobe weighed 1.6 pounds more and included jeans and a turtleneck shirt and I
    >>>>>>weighed 160.0
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>Fred
    >>>>>>219.2/158.4/164. (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  16. recipe for the "L" word please, I feel the need to torture myself today, Lee
    Brenda Hammond <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Due to daughters bout of the flu, treats have been pretty minimal this


    season. I

    Quoted message said:

    did reattempt the toffee yesterday, came out fantastic this time around


    (amazing

    Quoted message said:

    what a working candy thermometer will do). Fudge will be this week-end,


    and

    Quoted message said:

    probably will retry a cookie recipe my daughter wanted to make. OH!


    And

    Quoted message said:

    I still

    Quoted message said:

    want to try Lesanne's fruit cake. That's it. No one here eats too much


    of the

    Quoted message said:

    cookies, other than myself ... better not to have too much laying


    around.

    Quoted message said:

    <g>

    I've got a few things I need to make this weekend. I always give the photographer who takes
    Nicholas' pictures a food hamper at Christmas as he refuses to charge me for the photos and he
    usually does about 40! Last


    year

    Quoted message said:

    I gave him a basket of baking (butter [censored], cookies, fruit cake, etc.). This year I'll give him
    some baking as well as a lasagna. I found a great recipe if one can afford to eat a high
    fat/calorie meal once in awhile. Made it once for DH and gave Dan (the photographer) a small pan
    as well, both were very impressed. Even Dan's mother was impressed. Dan's a


    single

    Quoted message said:

    parent, and his son is 20 and away at university most of the year. He has


    a

    Quoted message said:

    large house with two floors. His mom lives upstairs and Dan and Mike live downstairs. I figure
    that since he is a bachelor he probably doesn't get much of the type of food I give him and doing
    that once a year won't make him too fat! He appreciates it anyway!

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    Brenda Hammond said:

    Keep fudge and cookies out at Christmas??? No way, just not possible.


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    hadn't planned to do any baking, but guess what? DH asked "where are


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    cookies and mincemeat [censored] that you usually bake", so that was last


    weekend

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    shot. Baked sugar cookies, gingerbread, and mincemeat [censored]. The


    [censored]

    Quoted message said:

    are

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    gone already, yes I did have a few, but luckily they are just the


    really

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    tiny ones. Guess I'll have to make more again this weekend though.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Ya know, not much has been mentioned here either. I finally tackled


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    family
    > today to get plans nailed down - need to know what direction I am


    moving

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    mom in.
    > So Christmas Eve will be at my oldest girls home (pizza and


    mosticolli),

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Christmas
    > breakfast at my house, and Christmas dinner at MIL's house. I do


    think

    Quoted message said:

    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    will
    > all be easily survivable though. I am expecting some damage is


    already

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    done, just
    > from this last weeks craziness. And my youngest girl already has


    next

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    weekend
    > pinned down for fudge and cookie making. Just when I thought I had


    been

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    able to
    > keep the stuff out of the house. Oh well .........
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    >
    > On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 06:11:03 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]>
    wrote:
    >
    > >Actually, other than the work lunch, no one has mentioned Xmas yet - well, the orphan's
    > >dinner (all those folks who moved here from elsewhere) which has been happening with friends
    > >now for 30 years. That's always xmas day.
    > >
    > >On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:17:37 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >
    > >>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:46:18 -0800, Fred


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    wrote:
    > >>
    > >>>Thanks.
    > >>>
    > >>>Boy, you and Lesanne were in here fast! (G)
    > >>
    > >>Yup, I have fallen behind with the newsgroup - managed to pop in


    here

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    for a few
    > >>minutes while I caught my breath from the afternoon running.
    > >>
    > >>>Maybe I will just become more of a hermit and not accept any invitations to any parties.
    > >>>(g)
    > >>
    > >>Yeah, sure - like THAT'S gonna happen. <G>
    > >>
    > >>Joyce
    > >>
    > >>>
    > >>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:23:34 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >>>
    > >>>>No matter what clothing option you choose, you still are well


    below

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    your goal
    > >>>>weight. Congratulations on keeping everything under control


    through

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the first
    > >>>>step of the holiday season.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>Joyce
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:02:06 -0800, Fred


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    wrote:
    > >>>>
    > >>>>>Okay, it was up as expected but it was quiet enough (empty) that


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>>>>could WI twice (G)
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>>What this means is that I will definitely be UP next week if I


    use

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>>>>their numbers and my warmer wardrobe unless I simulaneously pull


    off

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a
    > >>>>>major drop. Or using the new information on clothing weight, I


    could

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>>>>recalculate a "constant" weight by always subtracting the amount
    shown
    > >>>>>below. Too anal - probably! (G)
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>>So (drumroll) the numbers this week are .....
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>>The usual wardrobe (shorts and T-shirt): 158.4 Gain: 1.4
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>>The winter wardrobe weighed 1.6 pounds more and included jeans


    and

    Quoted message said:

    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>>>>turtleneck shirt and I weighed 160.0
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>>Fred
    > >>>>>219.2/158.4/164. (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
    >


  17. I'll post the "L" recipe a bit later this evening. Keep in mind it's only points friendly if you eat
    just a tablespoon or so!!

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    recipe for the "L" word please, I feel the need to torture myself today,


    Lee

    Quoted message said:

    Brenda Hammond <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Due to daughters bout of the flu, treats have been pretty minimal this


    season. I

    Quoted message said:

    did reattempt the toffee yesterday, came out fantastic this time


    around

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    (amazing

    Quoted message said:

    what a working candy thermometer will do). Fudge will be this


    week-end,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and

    Quoted message said:

    probably will retry a cookie recipe my daughter wanted to make. OH!


    And

    Quoted message said:

    I still

    Quoted message said:

    want to try Lesanne's fruit cake. That's it. No one here eats too


    much

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    of the

    Quoted message said:

    cookies, other than myself ... better not to have too much laying


    around.

    Quoted message said:

    <g>

    I've got a few things I need to make this weekend. I always give the photographer who takes
    Nicholas' pictures a food hamper at Christmas as


    he

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    refuses to charge me for the photos and he usually does about 40! Last


    year

    Quoted message said:

    I gave him a basket of baking (butter [censored], cookies, fruit cake, etc.). This year I'll give him
    some baking as well as a lasagna. I found a


    great

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    recipe if one can afford to eat a high fat/calorie meal once in awhile. Made it once for DH and
    gave Dan (the photographer) a small pan as well, both were very impressed. Even Dan's mother was
    impressed. Dan's a


    single

    Quoted message said:

    parent, and his son is 20 and away at university most of the year. He


    has

    Quoted message said:

    a

    Quoted message said:

    large house with two floors. His mom lives upstairs and Dan and Mike


    live

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    downstairs. I figure that since he is a bachelor he probably doesn't


    get

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    much of the type of food I give him and doing that once a year won't


    make

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    him too fat! He appreciates it anyway!

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 06:53:46 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Keep fudge and cookies out at Christmas??? No way, just not


    possible.

    Quoted message said:

    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >hadn't planned to do any baking, but guess what? DH asked "where are


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >cookies and mincemeat [censored] that you usually bake", so that was last


    weekend

    Quoted message said:

    >shot. Baked sugar cookies, gingerbread, and mincemeat [censored]. The


    [censored]

    Quoted message said:

    are

    Quoted message said:

    >gone already, yes I did have a few, but luckily they are just the


    really

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >tiny ones. Guess I'll have to make more again this weekend though.
    >
    >"Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    >> Ya know, not much has been mentioned here either. I finally


    tackled

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the

    Quoted message said:

    >family
    >> today to get plans nailed down - need to know what direction I am


    moving

    Quoted message said:

    >mom in.
    >> So Christmas Eve will be at my oldest girls home (pizza and


    mosticolli),

    Quoted message said:

    >Christmas
    >> breakfast at my house, and Christmas dinner at MIL's house. I do


    think

    Quoted message said:

    it

    Quoted message said:

    >will
    >> all be easily survivable though. I am expecting some damage is


    already

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >done, just
    >> from this last weeks craziness. And my youngest girl already has


    next

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >weekend
    >> pinned down for fudge and cookie making. Just when I thought I had


    been

    Quoted message said:

    >able to
    >> keep the stuff out of the house. Oh well .........
    >>
    >> Joyce
    >>
    >>
    >> On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 06:11:03 -0800, Fred


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >wrote:
    >>
    >> >Actually, other than the work lunch, no one has mentioned Xmas


    yet -

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >well, the orphan's dinner (all those folks who moved here from elsewhere) which has been
    >> >happening with friends now for 30 years. That's always xmas day.
    >> >
    >> >On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:17:37 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:46:18 -0800, Fred


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >>>Thanks.
    >> >>>
    >> >>>Boy, you and Lesanne were in here fast! (G)
    >> >>
    >> >>Yup, I have fallen behind with the newsgroup - managed to pop in


    here

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >for a few
    >> >>minutes while I caught my breath from the afternoon running.
    >> >>
    >> >>>Maybe I will just become more of a hermit and not accept any invitations to any parties.
    >> >>>(g)
    >> >>
    >> >>Yeah, sure - like THAT'S gonna happen. <G>
    >> >>
    >> >>Joyce
    >> >>
    >> >>>
    >> >>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:23:34 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >> >>>
    >> >>>>No matter what clothing option you choose, you still are well


    below

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >your goal
    >> >>>>weight. Congratulations on keeping everything under control


    through

    Quoted message said:

    >the first
    >> >>>>step of the holiday season.
    >> >>>>
    >> >>>>Joyce
    >> >>>>
    >> >>>>
    >> >>>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:02:06 -0800, Fred


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    >wrote:
    >> >>>>
    >> >>>>>Okay, it was up as expected but it was quiet enough (empty)


    that

    Quoted message said:

    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >>>>>could WI twice (G)
    >> >>>>>
    >> >>>>>What this means is that I will definitely be UP next week if I


    use

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >>>>>their numbers and my warmer wardrobe unless I simulaneously


    pull

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    off

    Quoted message said:

    >a
    >> >>>>>major drop. Or using the new information on clothing weight,


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    could

    Quoted message said:

    >> >>>>>recalculate a "constant" weight by always subtracting the


    amount

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >shown
    >> >>>>>below. Too anal - probably! (G)
    >> >>>>>
    >> >>>>>So (drumroll) the numbers this week are .....
    >> >>>>>
    >> >>>>>The usual wardrobe (shorts and T-shirt): 158.4 Gain: 1.4
    >> >>>>>
    >> >>>>>The winter wardrobe weighed 1.6 pounds more and included jeans


    and

    Quoted message said:

    a

    Quoted message said:

    >> >>>>>turtleneck shirt and I weighed 160.0
    >> >>>>>
    >> >>>>>
    >> >>>>>Fred
    >> >>>>>219.2/158.4/164. (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
    >>
    >



  18. Hey, no fair flashing us. If you're gonna do it, then do it right!

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    You blinked and missed it. Besides, there was an unbuttoned shot in my web vacation shots,
    I believe

    Joyce said:

    You first. <g>

    Fred said:

    Well, I'll show mine if YOU ALL shows yours (gd&r)

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:21:30 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Awwwwww c'mon .. humor us! You know if the roles were reversed, you would jump all over us to
    >post our topless photos. <G>
    >
    >Joyce
    >
    >On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:08:47 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>I have a good one of me in bicycling shorts and no shirt but I can just imagine the hullabalu
    >>it would create so I do NOT think so.
    >>
    >>On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 19:39:05 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Well, I'll admit, the thought of an indecent picture sounds kind of interesting.... When are
    >>>you posting pics for us again????
    >>>
    >>>"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >>>"]news:[email hidden]...
    >>>> Oh, yes you would! (G)
    >>>>
    >>>> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 06:16:20 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> >Maybe it is a good thing that you have that clothing allowance then. Wouldn't want you
    >>>> >arrested for indecent exposure!
    >>>> >
    >>>> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >>>> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >>>> >> That's enough from the northerly contingent! (G)
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >> It was not quite empty and my leader probably would have me arrested.
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:31:50 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]>
    >>>> >> wrote:
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >> >Sorry about the little gain Fred, but you're still under goal and
    >>>that's
    >>>> >> >great! Gee if the place was empty, why didn't you weigh naked?
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >
    >>>>
    >

  19. All's fair in love and newsgroups - which explains all the flaming!
    (g)

    Joyce said:

    Hey, no fair flashing us. If you're gonna do it, then do it right!

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    You blinked and missed it. Besides, there was an unbuttoned shot in my web vacation shots,
    I believe

    Joyce said:

    You first. <g>

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:02:42 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Well, I'll show mine if YOU ALL shows yours (gd&r)
    >
    >On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:21:30 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>Awwwwww c'mon .. humor us! You know if the roles were reversed, you would jump all over us to
    >>post our topless photos. <G>
    >>
    >>Joyce
    >>
    >>On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:08:47 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have a good one of me in bicycling shorts and no shirt but I can just imagine the hullabalu
    >>>it would create so I do NOT think so.
    >>>
    >>>On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 19:39:05 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>Well, I'll admit, the thought of an indecent picture sounds kind of interesting.... When are
    >>>>you posting pics for us again????
    >>>>
    >>>>"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >>>>"]news:[email hidden]...
    >>>>> Oh, yes you would! (G)
    >>>>>
    >>>>> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 06:16:20 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> >Maybe it is a good thing that you have that clothing allowance then. Wouldn't want you
    >>>>> >arrested for indecent exposure!
    >>>>> >
    >>>>> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >>>>> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >>>>> >> That's enough from the northerly contingent! (G)
    >>>>> >>
    >>>>> >> It was not quite empty and my leader probably would have me arrested.
    >>>>> >>
    >>>>> >> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:31:50 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]>
    >>>>> >> wrote:
    >>>>> >>
    >>>>> >> >Sorry about the little gain Fred, but you're still under goal and
    >>>>that's
    >>>>> >> >great! Gee if the place was empty, why didn't you weigh naked?
    >>>>> >>
    >>>>> >
    >>>>>
    >>

  20. Hmm. Let's see

    An eyedropper's worth of Olive Oil. One mince of garlic One piece of linguini One cherry tomato One
    curd of ricotta On shred of parmesan cheese

    Mix, stir, bake and eat.

    Brenda Hammond said:

    I'll post the "L" recipe a bit later this evening. Keep in mind it's only points friendly if you
    eat just a tablespoon or so!!

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    recipe for the "L" word please, I feel the need to torture myself today,


    Lee

    Quoted message said:

    Brenda Hammond <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Due to daughters bout of the flu, treats have been pretty minimal this
    season. I
    > did reattempt the toffee yesterday, came out fantastic this time


    around

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    (amazing
    > what a working candy thermometer will do). Fudge will be this


    week-end,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and
    > probably will retry a cookie recipe my daughter wanted to make. OH!


    And

    Quoted message said:

    I still
    > want to try Lesanne's fruit cake. That's it. No one here eats too


    much

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    of the
    > cookies, other than myself ... better not to have too much laying


    around.

    Quoted message said:

    <g>

    I've got a few things I need to make this weekend. I always give the photographer who takes
    Nicholas' pictures a food hamper at Christmas as


    he

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    refuses to charge me for the photos and he usually does about 40! Last


    year

    Quoted message said:

    I gave him a basket of baking (butter [censored], cookies, fruit cake, etc.). This year I'll give
    him some baking as well as a lasagna. I found a


    great

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    recipe if one can afford to eat a high fat/calorie meal once in awhile. Made it once for DH and
    gave Dan (the photographer) a small pan as well, both were very impressed. Even Dan's mother
    was impressed. Dan's a


    single

    Quoted message said:

    parent, and his son is 20 and away at university most of the year. He


    has

    Quoted message said:

    a

    Quoted message said:

    large house with two floors. His mom lives upstairs and Dan and Mike


    live

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    downstairs. I figure that since he is a bachelor he probably doesn't


    get

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    much of the type of food I give him and doing that once a year won't


    make

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    him too fat! He appreciates it anyway!

    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 06:53:46 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >Keep fudge and cookies out at Christmas??? No way, just not


    possible.

    Quoted message said:

    I

    Quoted message said:

    > >hadn't planned to do any baking, but guess what? DH asked "where are


    the

    Quoted message said:

    > >cookies and mincemeat [censored] that you usually bake", so that was last
    weekend
    > >shot. Baked sugar cookies, gingerbread, and mincemeat [censored]. The


    [censored]

    Quoted message said:

    are
    > >gone already, yes I did have a few, but luckily they are just the


    really

    Quoted message said:

    > >tiny ones. Guess I'll have to make more again this weekend though.
    > >
    > >"Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> Ya know, not much has been mentioned here either. I finally


    tackled

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the
    > >family
    > >> today to get plans nailed down - need to know what direction I am
    moving
    > >mom in.
    > >> So Christmas Eve will be at my oldest girls home (pizza and
    mosticolli),
    > >Christmas
    > >> breakfast at my house, and Christmas dinner at MIL's house. I do


    think

    Quoted message said:

    it
    > >will
    > >> all be easily survivable though. I am expecting some damage is


    already

    Quoted message said:

    > >done, just
    > >> from this last weeks craziness. And my youngest girl already has


    next

    Quoted message said:

    > >weekend
    > >> pinned down for fudge and cookie making. Just when I thought I had
    been
    > >able to
    > >> keep the stuff out of the house. Oh well .........
    > >>
    > >> Joyce
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 06:11:03 -0800, Fred


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >Actually, other than the work lunch, no one has mentioned Xmas


    yet -

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >well, the orphan's dinner (all those folks who moved here from elsewhere) which has been
    > >> >happening with friends now for 30 years. That's always xmas day.
    > >> >
    > >> >On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:17:37 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >> >
    > >> >>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:46:18 -0800, Fred


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    > >wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >>>Thanks.
    > >> >>>
    > >> >>>Boy, you and Lesanne were in here fast! (G)
    > >> >>
    > >> >>Yup, I have fallen behind with the newsgroup - managed to pop in


    here

    Quoted message said:

    > >for a few
    > >> >>minutes while I caught my breath from the afternoon running.
    > >> >>
    > >> >>>Maybe I will just become more of a hermit and not accept any invitations to any
    > >> >>>parties. (g)
    > >> >>
    > >> >>Yeah, sure - like THAT'S gonna happen. <G>
    > >> >>
    > >> >>Joyce
    > >> >>
    > >> >>>
    > >> >>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:23:34 -0600, Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >> >>>
    > >> >>>>No matter what clothing option you choose, you still are well


    below

    Quoted message said:

    > >your goal
    > >> >>>>weight. Congratulations on keeping everything under control
    through
    > >the first
    > >> >>>>step of the holiday season.
    > >> >>>>
    > >> >>>>Joyce
    > >> >>>>
    > >> >>>>
    > >> >>>>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:02:06 -0800, Fred
    <[email hidden]>
    > >wrote:
    > >> >>>>
    > >> >>>>>Okay, it was up as expected but it was quiet enough (empty)


    that

    Quoted message said:

    I

    Quoted message said:

    > >> >>>>>could WI twice (G)
    > >> >>>>>
    > >> >>>>>What this means is that I will definitely be UP next week if I


    use

    Quoted message said:

    > >> >>>>>their numbers and my warmer wardrobe unless I simulaneously


    pull

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    off
    > >a
    > >> >>>>>major drop. Or using the new information on clothing weight,


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    could
    > >> >>>>>recalculate a "constant" weight by always subtracting the


    amount

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >shown
    > >> >>>>>below. Too anal - probably! (G)
    > >> >>>>>
    > >> >>>>>So (drumroll) the numbers this week are .....
    > >> >>>>>
    > >> >>>>>The usual wardrobe (shorts and T-shirt): 158.4 Gain: 1.4
    > >> >>>>>
    > >> >>>>>The winter wardrobe weighed 1.6 pounds more and included jeans


    and

    Quoted message said:

    a
    > >> >>>>>turtleneck shirt and I weighed 160.0
    > >> >>>>>
    > >> >>>>>
    > >> >>>>>Fred
    > >> >>>>>219.2/158.4/164. (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
    > >>
    > >
    >



Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.