Odd-size spokes

Bentjay

Guest
I want to carry some spare spokes for my GS GTO when I tour
this summer. Rachel at GS sent me the three(!) sizes for my
trike wheels. Does anyone know where I can have spokes cut
to specific lengths to carry as spares?

BentJay

On 11 Jun 2004 09:33:19 -0700, [email protected] (BentJay) wrote:

>Does anyone know where I can have spokes cut to specific
>lengths to carry as spares?

Where are you located? At one time Larry Black had a spoke
cutter that would make small changes in double butted spokes
and almost any length change on a non-butted spoke. Doubt he
would do it on mail-order, though, and he is located in Mt.
Airy, MD (and less often in College Park, MD). Of course, a
lot of shops serious about wheel building have them.

Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on
two wheels...

Mark Powers at Poweron Cycling

www.poweroncycling.com

Miles of Smiles, Tom

[email protected] (BentJay) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I want to carry some spare spokes for my GS GTO when I
> tour this summer. Rachel at GS sent me the three(!) sizes
> for my trike wheels. Does anyone know where I can have
> spokes cut to specific lengths to carry as spares?

Any good LBS should be able to cut a longer spoke down and
rethread it for you.

Harry