Odds of !Lance winning '05 TdF

MrBob

Guest
Up until today I thought Armstrong the odds on favorite, but this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-armstrongwithdraws&prov=ap&type=l
gns

has made me reconsider. Between the possibility of poor performance and
the possibility of Armstrong not even entering the '05 TdF has caused me
to drop my subjective probability belief of Armstrong winning the next
TdF to drop below 50% for the first time since 2000.

Not that any of you should give a **** about my beliefs, but I'm curious
if anyone else sees Armstrong's pulling out of the SFGP as a bod omen
for the future.

MrBob

I don't think it is a bad omen. But I do think that this SF issue will be
brought up very often when posts on RBR begin to reek of "Armstrong will DNF
in the Tour" again.

"MrBob" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Up until today I thought Armstrong the odds on favorite, but this:
>
> http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-armstrongwithdraws&prov=ap&type=l
> gns
>
> has made me reconsider. Between the possibility of poor performance and
> the possibility of Armstrong not even entering the '05 TdF has caused me
> to drop my subjective probability belief of Armstrong winning the next
> TdF to drop below 50% for the first time since 2000.
>
> Not that any of you should give a **** about my beliefs, but I'm curious
> if anyone else sees Armstrong's pulling out of the SFGP as a bod omen
> for the future.
>
> MrBob

http://www.uncensored-news.com

<><><><><><><><>

"MrBob" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Up until today I thought Armstrong the odds on favorite, but this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-armstrongwithdraws&prov=ap&type=lgns

> has made me reconsider. Between the possibility of poor performance and
> the possibility of Armstrong not even entering the '05 TdF has caused me
> to drop my subjective probability belief of Armstrong winning the next
> TdF to drop below 50% for the first time since 2000.
>
> Not that any of you should give a **** about my beliefs, but I'm curious
> if anyone else sees Armstrong's pulling out of the SFGP as a bod omen
> for the future.
>
> MrBob

The first thing I thought was that I can't ever remember Armstrong DNS a
race other than while recovering from cancer. Still, I suppose it could
simply be that the unusual course this year had him to more work in the
final week (2 ITT wins and 2 mountain stage wins all in one week) than at
any other time in his life. Maybe this reported injury is an anomoly caused
by that unusual concentration of work.

A ten day course of Naproxen will probably take care of the problem.
I had a severe case of tendinitis which disappeared five days after
taking 1000 mg Naproxen a day.