of all the moronic nanny-state nonsense...

Like "The pen is mightier than the sword.'

And my M16 is mightier than your pen.

Are there any other groups or policies that you feel is ruining our society or is it just some low level frivolous law suits that you want to scapegoat?

The list would be very, very long.

Remember, at least 50% of the idjuts out there are below average.

I have much bigger fish to fry.

And yet here we are. Would you like to try my secret breaded batter?

As an owner of a coal mine I hate that those libtards won't let me use children in the mines any more. It's character building. And what's up with all of these god damn mine inspections and safety gear I have to deal with?

One of my uncles worked in a coal mine after he dropped out of high school. He was a blaster...had a knack for timing squibs and judging charges. Hellova man...WW2 USMC Pacific Theater vet...raised two fine sons of his own. Great pool player and to his dying day he kept a barn full of fun devices that made loud noises.

C'mon up my way. We're still doing some strip mining, but the horizontal and vertical shaft deep mines are waiting on cheap Chinese solar panels and windpower to fully fail. The fools are shutting down four coal-fired power plants in Ohio and there's nothing on the horizon to replace them in the time frame required. We'll still get some kids to lie about their ages on the job apps!

Myself? Started working part time at 12 doing what would decades later be called "Landscaping Service". And to think, I didn't have to know how to speak Spanish back then...and working with rotary cutting tools that could amputate fingers, hands or feet. No orange warning stickers either.

Drove at 15-1/2 with a car that did not have seatbelts, let alone airbages, head restraints or bluetooth for my commo devices.

Of course, I didn't wear a helmet while cycing until I was way into adulthood.

Shooting without eyepro.

Learning to dodge lawn darts.

High-diving into strip mines off highwalls.

How did we ever survive without the nanny state to protect us from ourselves?

Less nanny.

More Darwin.

Good luck with the FMS&HRC/MSHA boys. Our regulators may or may not be worse, but I still want to (and have) throw them out of my facility every time they stick their noses into my business.

Speaking of blasting...

This is the frontage along one of my pastures.

Guess whats across the road a few hundred feet?

Nobel's contribution to manly men...dynamite. Fire in the hole!

Don't get me started on the anti-fracking libtard morons.

Drill here! Drill now! Drill with underage crack addict prison labor for all I care! Drill, baby, drill!

Originally Posted by AlanG .

... As an owner of a coal mine I hate that those libtards won't let me use children in the mines any more. It's character building.
What? You mean it's OK for kids to play in the streets riding bicycles... yet some bureaucrat won't let them learn a few lifes lessons doing honest work? Hard, heart pounding, gritty, dirty, sweaty, work does build character! I guess, maybe, that's why its OK for them to ride bicycles. I wonder why they can't do a little work in the mines as well?

You mean it's OK for kids to play in the streets riding bicycles...

Only if they are wearing a CPSC approved helmet...and gloves...and elbow/knee pads.

Under the direct supervision of a state-certified child play coordinator.

In other words...a nanny.

Reactions: BikeBikeBikeBike
Damn! Even the comments from Berzerkeley, Kaleefornya are restoring my faith in mankind!!! These...from the communist left coast, the Kremlin of Amerika.

classic blame someone else for ones mistakes!

Yeah...about that...don't bring that up on a libtard forum...

He was just a kid - 40 years old - how was he to know better?

and...

Plus - he only had an engineering/computer science degree from Cal! There is no way he could've understood how dangerous this could be...

The dude should have spoken to alienator! Oh wait...he's still waiting on more information too.

Way to take some personal responsibility. Frivolous lawsuits are ruining our country...

No they don't! Just ask any libtard!

That seems a bit at odds with the facts surrounding his death.

We DON"T KNOW the facts!!! Invent some!

While reckless people may use Strava to compete against each other, Strava did not force their son to exceed the posted speed limit by 20 miles per hour.

Are you saying Strava forced this 40 year old to do what he did to contribute to his death?

Why yes, we have morons in this country that think and say EXACTLY that.

Strava can't be blamed for this.

Why yes, yes they can...according to some.

Protected from what? This was a grown man who was capable of making and responsible for his own choices. Suing someone else over it is ridiculous.

Yes. Yes, it is ridiculous. And Asinine.

All this came out of Berkeley! That fact, alone, should speak volumes about the character of commenters here.

Kim Flint’s GPS recording of his 49.3 mph descent on South Park Drive in Tilden Park

50 in a 30 zone would earn me a ticket.
Sounds like it's going to earn his parents significantly more!
20 over the limit and they're suing a website. Oy Vey!

So...what 'missing facts' did the libtards discover today?

CampyBob, your zeal to vilify people who simply don't share your level of anger is closed-minded, unproductive, and unpleasant. Pour yourself another stiff one and stew in your shitpile alone.

CampyBob, your zeal to vilify people who simply don't share your level of anger

You confuse anger for disdain.

That's understandable. You probably never heard the laughter, yourself.

is closed-minded, unproductive, and unpleasant

I never claimed to be a liberal nor do I kiss you goodnight. Most of those 'open minds' are so open what little brains they once had fell out and ran away in horror.

Pour yourself another stiff one and stew in your shitpile alone.

Well, as long as you're buying, make mine a double!

Now, while I sit here cooling my heals, why dontcha go find me some of them that 'unknown facts' that will make me believe an internet website is somehow responsible for the actions of a 41-year old man that held an undergraduate degree in EE.

kthnxbi

CampyBob, isn't it time to explain to everyone that you are putting us on? Some people seem to think you are being serious.

CampyBob, isn't it time to explain to everyone that you are putting us on?

No.

It's time for Hope & Change.

Thursday mornings at 7:30 AM are when I deliver explanations. It's a live event. Please sent your press representative to cover it.

Some people seem to think you are being serious.

And just what the hell would THEY know? Or 'not' know in the case of our Sherlock Homie crime mystery most foul?

I do have my doubts about the first assumption made in that statement though.

Meh...another day. Another set of unknowable facts still unknown. When...Oh when!...will we know...THE TRUTH?!?!

Originally Posted by oldbobcat .

CampyBob, your zeal to vilify people who simply don't share your level of anger is closed-minded, unproductive, and unpleasant. Pour yourself another stiff one and stew in your shitpile alone.
+1 well put.

+2!

I hope the gold diggers had enough sense to name Garmin. They have way more moolah than Strava.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

I hope the gold diggers had enough sense to name Garmin. They have way more moolah than Strava.
I think some members of this forum are about ready for a class action suit against you. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif However, I find it very entertaining so I hope you can keep it up and also find a lot more subjects to rant about. Maybe even start your own web site or tv show. Doesn't "CampyBob" mean you are camping it up?

[SIZE= 20px]"We're as mad as hell, and we're not going to take this anymore."[/SIZE]

I think some members of this forum are about ready for a class action suit against you.

Bring it.

I'll counter-sue and name the forum for cyber bullying. I would sue for hurt feelings, but I traded them for a 1972 Lotus Europa with a blown transmission.

Rather than furnish a single fact...or better yet, just stop cricking da mouse...I get praised for being a conservative...er...slammed for searching for those unknowable facts that no one knows about.

I've been open-minded...consistently asking for those unknown facts of a two-year old case that no one seems to know.
I've been productive...searching out and posting the illegal behavior of the cyclist and the legalese of Strava's waivers and case history of waivers.
I've been pleasant...OK...OK...two out of three ain't bad!

Perhaps oldbob can post those facts...or at least fix me another drink.

"And that all might be totally true. But does it mean Strava is somehow liable for Kim Flint’s death?

No."
Hey I too think it probably isn't Strava's fault. Not even .1% But all the rest of what you wrote won't let me agree with you on much of anything. I'd take the other side just to spite you. So if you are trying to convince anyone, your approach is failing.

But the ranting is pretty funny and it seems to be keeping you busy.

Stravacide...great! A new noun to learn!

http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/Stravacide-Family-Suing-Strava-Over-Sons-Death,478

Kind of like suing Wiki for bad information. These are sad days for those not looking for a free ride.

Sad to see someone placing the blame toward Strava when they have no cause to sue. People will continue to go as fast on trails and roads for their own personal reasons, regardless of Strava. This lawsuit is just fishing for money and attention.

OMIGWFBBQ! this one is hysterical!

Murderers. Strava the mass genocide continues. I added a new segment off a cliff and I'm going to get the fastest time. Ha ha some people are stupid. Personal responsibility anyone.

Hmmm... so I guess what they're saying is that their son was really a mindless goob, being controlled by an online "contest" among weekend warriors. And the prize of having his name attached to a road in his town on this site was too powerful for him to control himself which lead to him dying?

another rib buster!

At least he died doing what he loved...trying to accomplish something that means absolutely nothing.

Holy cow! The comments ae wild almost everywhere else!

Hey alienator, where's those "unkown facts" you don't know about?

Still no clue?

Well, don't go committing Stravacide over it.

+3

Another "unknown fact"...the filing document:

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=1b2c4fc4a746c7fe4364e669d7178543&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vitalmtb.com%2Fnews%2Fnews%2FStravacide-Family-Suing-Strava-Over-Sons-Death%2C478&v=1&libid=1340666694993&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bicycleretailer.com%2Fdownloads%2Fnews%2FStravaSuit.pdf&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cyclingforums.com%2Ft%2F490582%2Fof-all-the-moronic-nanny-state-nonsense%2F75&title=Stravacide%3F%20Family%20Suing%20Strava%20Over%20Son's%20Death%20-%20News%20Blogs%20-%20Vital%20MTB&txt=You%20can%20read%20the%20full%20suit%20as%20filed%20in%20court%20here.&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13406669833123

Insanity captured on a pdf file. Tear stains are optional.

Technically in my opinion the forum isn't bullying. Of course you could maintain that it is negligent as an entity in failing in maintaining a hostile free forum that has fallen below your expectations in protection against cyber bullying .Now you can hardly pick up a mouse for fear of cyber stalking.
Some days I read a post and feel that I have had my IQ violated to the point of having it reduced. Life is short so I think I will just not take Cyber Life so seriously.