Oh I Love Bike Rage

you were wrong...... your actions will reflect on the next guy he meets comin down hill

ppl like you cause probs for ''testers'' on the bigger roads

D@vo

the bigger the ring the more it hurts

"Uphill DownHill" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> As I was cycling home last night, with the sun shinning I went the long way. It is 27 miles very
> hilly and I was blasting along.
>
> Pumped up with adrenaline I turned into the home straight, round a
corner(?)
> into a narow lane. As I started down it a black taxi came towards me, didn't slow and left me the
> narowest of gaps to speed through. His window was open, and as I went past I called called him a (
> ) and took a swing at his
wing
> mirror smashing the housing. Ohhh it made me so happy, I was looking forward to him giving chase
> but either I lost him at the next few turnings or he
didn't

"PK" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Michael Kent wrote:
> > Sorry I thought you said. As I started down it a black taxi came towards me, didn't slow and
> > left me the narowest of gaps to speed through. His window was open, and as I went past I called
> > called him a ( ) and started to go past the amount of room was so little that my arm touched his
> > wing mirror inflicting some damage. I stopped to apologise but he sped off. :)
>

> A friend who used to ride horses found an extended leg that scraped the strirrup down the side of
> a too close car an very effective weapon!
>
> pk

Until their leg got caught up in bull bars or some such and went with the car rather than the rider,
presumably ?!!? Dave (back from 2 weeks of heaven in Cornwall and no (x)-rage whatsoever anywhere)..

Uphill DownHill wrote:

> Pumped up with adrenaline I turned into the home straight, round a corner(?) into a narow lane. As
> I started down it a black taxi came towards me, didn't slow and left me the narowest of gaps to
> speed through. His window was open, and as I went past I called called him a ( ) and took a swing
> at his wing mirror smashing the housing. Ohhh it made me so happy, I was looking forward to him
> giving chase but either I lost him at the next few turnings or he didn't come after
> me.
>
> Was I right, wrong, bad or mad?

Wrong, bad and mad. But definitely *NOT* right.

One. Why should the taxi give way to you? If he left you a narrow gap, why did you have to speed
through it? It would not have hurt you to slow down to a sensible speed relative to the gap, or even
to stop and wait for the taxi to pass you if you thought it was too narrow.

Two. Shouting verbal abuse at an aggressive driver will only ever antagonise him. When he's
surrounded by 1½ tonnes of metal and you're on a bike, that is not a good idea unless you enjoy the
thought of getting into a fight that you are very likely to lose.

Three. There is *no* excuse for wanton vandalism and destruction of property. But that is exactly
what you claim to have done to his wingmirror. How would you feel if a motorist who thought you had
got in his way jumped out and ripped your mudguard off? It's exactly the same situation.

Four. That taxi driver is now going to treat all cyclists with the

Five. You are a complete ****.

--
Stevie D \\\\\ ///// Bringing dating agencies to the \\\\\\\__X__///////
common hedgehog since 2001 - "HedgeHugs" ___\\\\\\\'/

Stephen (aka steford) wrote:

> I think you were "right" to have a go although at yours and his speed probably a bit "mad". Still
> he got what he deserved.

So it's OK to cause criminal damage because you don't like the way someone is driving? In that case,
I hope that next time you are walking or cycling near someone, they take offence and break your arm.
Because that's OK too.

Bollocks it is.

There is NO justification or excuse for causing criminal damage to person or property.

--
Stevie D \\\\\ ///// Bringing dating agencies to the \\\\\\\__X__///////
common hedgehog since 2001 - "HedgeHugs" ___\\\\\\\'/
\'///////_____________________________________________

"Stevie D" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Stephen (aka steford) wrote:
>
> > I think you were "right" to have a go although at yours and his speed probably a bit "mad".
> > Still he got what he deserved.
>
> So it's OK to cause criminal damage because you don't like the way someone is driving? In that
> case, I hope that next time you are walking or cycling near someone, they take offence and break
> your arm. Because that's OK too.
>
> Bollocks it is.
>
> There is NO justification or excuse for causing criminal damage to person or property.

What!??!...it's not ok to break someones arm because they've offended you
??!!....damn!..bugger!!....oh well, off to the shops for some apology cards ;-) Dave.

ne1 else notices that uphill downhill hasnt replied to any of the comments- too ashamed of his actions now that hes thought about it and read others' views, i think

"Uphill DownHill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> As I was cycling home last night, with the sun shinning I went the long way. It is 27 miles very
> hilly and I was blasting along.

<snip>

> Was I right, wrong, bad or mad?

I used to get really cross when I was younger (than 23) and shout abuse and all the rest. The last
time this happened was last month as a car overtook me with about 3 inches of space, when it could
have waited. So I shouted and waved some fingers.

It stopped.....

Fortunately, there was no physical harm done, but the argument put me in a bad mood for the rest
of the day.

Nowadays, I just think "Oh, my, that was a bit close", congratulate myself on my unwobbliness, and
continue on my way.

The reason for this is i felt a bit like an **** after the previous incident and just can't be done
with it. Besides, i wasn't hit, maybe I was underestimating the skill of the driver, maybe I was in
the wrong.

Shrug and continue, it makes life a lot safer for the rest of us.

In message <[email protected]>, ShavyDave
<[email protected]> writes
>"Uphill DownHill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>>
><snip>
>> Was I right, wrong, bad or mad?
>
>I used to get really cross when I was younger (than 23) and shout abuse and all the rest. The last
>time this happened was last month as a car overtook me with about 3 inches of space, when it could
>have waited. So I shouted and waved some fingers.
>
>It stopped.....
>
>Fortunately, there was no physical harm done, but the argument put me in a bad mood for the rest
>of the day.

I gesticulated abuse at a minibus once - it stopped, and a basketball team got out!!! It took a lot
of fast talking to get out of that one.

>Nowadays, I just think "Oh, my, that was a bit close", congratulate myself on my unwobbliness, and
>continue on my way.
<snip>
>Shrug and continue, it makes life a lot safer for the rest of us.

Yup.

--
dave @ stejonda

You were right - nice one.

"Uphill DownHill" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> As I was cycling home last night, with the sun shinning I went the long way. It is 27 miles very
> hilly and I was blasting along.
>
> Pumped up with adrenaline I turned into the home straight, round a
corner(?)
> into a narow lane. As I started down it a black taxi came towards me, didn't slow and left me the
> narowest of gaps to speed through. His window was open, and as I went past I called called him a (
> ) and took a swing at his
wing
> mirror smashing the housing. Ohhh it made me so happy, I was looking forward to him giving chase
> but either I lost him at the next few turnings or he
didn't
> come after me.
>

> Was I right, wrong, bad or mad?

Originally posted by Shavydave
"Uphill DownHill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> As I was cycling home last night, with the sun shinning I went the long way. It is 27 miles very
> hilly and I was blasting along.

<snip>

> Was I right, wrong, bad or mad?

I used to get really cross when I was younger (than 23) and shout abuse and all the rest. The last
time this happened was last month as a car overtook me with about 3 inches of space, when it could
have waited. So I shouted and waved some fingers.

It stopped.....

Fortunately, there was no physical harm done, but the argument put me in a bad mood for the rest
of the day.

Nowadays, I just think "Oh, my, that was a bit close", congratulate myself on my unwobbliness, and
continue on my way.

The reason for this is i felt a bit like an **** after the previous incident and just can't be done
with it. Besides, i wasn't hit, maybe I was underestimating the skill of the driver, maybe I was in
the wrong.

Shrug and continue, it makes life a lot safer for the rest of us.

damn straight