Old Newbie is a Duh on Suspensions, plus!

Hive

Feb 24, 2006
Okay, I have taken the dive and acquired a Trek CNC Rail cruiser rig, at a reasonable price, that has a triple tree suspension set with long, rigid fork tubes.

I would like to replace the tubes with a set that actually functions as shocks/struts or whatever they are called.

I will try to post pic of bike.

Such a change possible? If so, from where does one find the struts?

Thanks,

Hive

What! If you post pics then I could help but other than that I have no clue what you are really talking about.

Hive said:
Okay, I have taken the dive and acquired a Trek CNC Rail cruiser rig, at a reasonable price, that has a triple tree suspension set with long, rigid fork tubes.

I would like to replace the tubes with a set that actually functions as shocks/struts or whatever they are called.

I will try to post pic of bike.

Such a change possible? If so, from where does one find the struts?

Thanks,

Hive

Yes, it is possible to get a stanard mountain bike front fork on that model, it seems. I would think it would be better to get a better model bike than that one, though. Just my opinion so yours can be different than mine and still be right.

Insight Driver said:
Yes, it is possible to get a stanard mountain bike front fork on that model, it seems. I would think it would be better to get a better model bike than that one, though. Just my opinion so yours can be different than mine and still be right.
The problem with the current available shocks is that they are all joined as sets. Some will work, certainly, but I was hoping Icould keep the current triple tree set up, etc.

Driver, Thanks.

I bought the bike for several reasons, I wanted a cruiser but most ofthem have handlebars which extend too far to rear. This one is stretched with short "Earl" bars, which will take a shifter as well. Like I said, a motor is going on rear, and I expect it to be a classy little cruiser to play with when I am not riding to stay in shape on my Bergamo Hybrid.