OlderCampy Record Cranks Fit A 2001 Veloce Square Taper?

Sir Ridesalot

Guest
Hi there.

I have an old Miele Columbus SLX bcycle that has a Campy Record bottom
bracket and crankset on it. Are the square tapers on this bb spindle
the same as the square tapers on the Veloce cartridge bb circa 2001?

Can a Sugino GT or a Sugino VP crank be used on the Record bottom
bracket spindle?

Thanks from Peter

On Aug 10, 4:02 pm, Sir Ridesalot <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I have an old Miele Columbus SLX bcycle that has a Campy Record bottom
> bracket and crankset on it. Are the square tapers on this bb spindle
> the same as the square tapers on the Veloce cartridge bb circa 2001?
>
> Can a Sugino GT or a Sugino VP crank be used on the Record bottom
> bracket spindle?
>
> Thanks from Peter

Yep, the same...Sugino are JIS taper, and larger in millimeters than
ISO tapers. Crank may go on too far onto a Campag BB.

On Aug 11, 8:28 am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Aug 10, 4:02 pm, Sir Ridesalot <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hi there.

> > I have an old Miele Columbus SLX bcycle that has a Campy Record bottom
> > bracket and crankset on it. Are the square tapers on this bb spindle
> > the same as the square tapers on the Veloce cartridge bb circa 2001?

> > Can a Sugino GT or a Sugino VP crank be used on the Record bottom
> > bracket spindle?

> > Thanks from Peter

> Yep, the same...Sugino are JIS taper, and larger in millimeters than
> ISO tapers. Crank may go on too far onto a Campag BB.

Hi and thanks again Peter.

Cheers from Peter

On Aug 11, 10:08 pm, Sir Ridesalot <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Aug 11, 8:28 am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Aug 10, 4:02 pm, Sir Ridesalot <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Hi there.

> > > I have an old Miele Columbus SLX bcycle that has a Campy Record bottom
> > > bracket and crankset on it. Are the square tapers on this bb spindle
> > > the same as the square tapers on the Veloce cartridge bb circa 2001?

> > > Can a Sugino GT or a Sugino VP crank be used on the Record bottom
> > > bracket spindle?

> > > Thanks from Peter

> > Yep, the same...Sugino are JIS taper, and larger in millimeters than
> > ISO tapers. Crank may go on too far onto a Campag BB.

> Hi and thanks again Peter.
>
> Cheers from Peter

Happy to help-