Oldest participant at Hawaii Tri?

Anonymous

Guest
Seems I heard about some 90 year guy who competes every year at the Hawiian tri, i.e. the big one.
Any further info on this? His time?

Thanks.

In article <[email protected]>, Anonymous
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Seems I heard about some 90 year guy who competes every year at the Hawiian tri, i.e. the big one.
> Any further info on this? His time?
>
> Thanks.

No, the oldest participant is either 80 or 81. There are a number of competitors over the age of 70.

clm in sf

--
[email protected] cathy morgan, san francisco, ca REMOVE x x to email

On Tue, 6 May 2003 22:40:04 +0200 (CEST), Anonymous <[email protected]> wrote:

>Seems I heard about some 90 year guy who competes every year at the Hawiian tri, i.e. the big one.
>Any further info on this? His time?
>
>Thanks.

Just curious how he's 90 every year?

~Matt

MJuric wrote in news:[email protected]:

> On Tue, 6 May 2003 22:40:04 +0200 (CEST), Anonymous <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Seems I heard about some 90 year guy who competes every year at the Hawiian tri, i.e. the big one.
>>Any further info on this? His time?
>>
>>Thanks.
>
> Just curious how he's 90 every year?
>
> ~Matt

And if he could have picked a year to stop on, why'd he pick 90?

The only time I have been there is 1988, Ironman X. There was a guy named Edson Sauer (sp?) and he
was around 72 years old. He already had several under his belt. That could be the guy you are
looking for(?). In 1987, he barely made cut-off, but did just fine the following year.

rsquared

"Anonymous" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Seems I heard about some 90 year guy who competes every year at the
Hawiian
> tri, i.e. the big one. Any further info on this? His time?
>
> Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the oldest participant was Ray Plotecia.

And Ray rises to the bait!

I believe Bill Bell is the oldest to compete in Kona and he's in his early
80s.

I have a few years to go yet, I do intend to outlive my entire age group and kick butt when I'm 90.
Are there interval workouts that will make you age faster?

Ray

--
| Beer Truck | ||'|"\,___.

"Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them."
- Albert Einstein

news:[email protected]...