Oldest participant at Hawaii Tri?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Anonymous, May 6, 2003.

  1. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Seems I heard about some 90 year guy who competes every year at the Hawiian tri, i.e. the big one.
    Any further info on this? His time?

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Cathy Morgan

    Cathy Morgan Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Anonymous
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Seems I heard about some 90 year guy who competes every year at the Hawiian tri, i.e. the big one.
    > Any further info on this? His time?
    >
    > Thanks.

    No, the oldest participant is either 80 or 81. There are a number of competitors over the age of 70.

    clm in sf

    --
    [email protected] cathy morgan, san francisco, ca REMOVE x x to email

  3. MJuric

    MJuric Guest

    On Tue, 6 May 2003 22:40:04 +0200 (CEST), Anonymous <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Seems I heard about some 90 year guy who competes every year at the Hawiian tri, i.e. the big one.
    >Any further info on this? His time?
    >
    >Thanks.

    Just curious how he's 90 every year?

    ~Matt

  4. MJuric wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > On Tue, 6 May 2003 22:40:04 +0200 (CEST), Anonymous <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Seems I heard about some 90 year guy who competes every year at the Hawiian tri, i.e. the big one.
    >>Any further info on this? His time?
    >>
    >>Thanks.
    >
    > Just curious how he's 90 every year?
    >
    > ~Matt

    And if he could have picked a year to stop on, why'd he pick 90?

  5. Witheld

    Witheld Guest

    The only time I have been there is 1988, Ironman X. There was a guy named Edson Sauer (sp?) and he
    was around 72 years old. He already had several under his belt. That could be the guy you are
    looking for(?). In 1987, he barely made cut-off, but did just fine the following year.

    rsquared

    "Anonymous" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Seems I heard about some 90 year guy who competes every year at the
    Hawiian
    > tri, i.e. the big one. Any further info on this? His time?
    >
    > Thanks.

  6. Old Timer

    Old Timer Guest

    I'm pretty sure the oldest participant was Ray Plotecia.

  7. Ray Plotecia

    Ray Plotecia Guest

    And Ray rises to the bait!

    I believe Bill Bell is the oldest to compete in Kona and he's in his early
    80s.

    I have a few years to go yet, I do intend to outlive my entire age group and kick butt when I'm 90.
    Are there interval workouts that will make you age faster?

    Ray

    --
    | Beer Truck | ||'|"\,___.

    "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them."
    - Albert Einstein

    news:[email protected]...