Opinions on Truing Stands With Dial Indicators from China?

It looks like a decent budget option for the home mechanic, but I would be cautious about expecting professional-level precision and durability at that price point. A few potential concerns:
  • The build quality and stiffness may not match higher-end stands from Park Tool, Feedback Sports, etc. Any flex or play can make it harder to true wheels accurately.
  • Cheap dial indicators are often not very precise or reliable. I find truing by eye/feel is usually sufficient for most wheels. Dial indicators are more useful for building to very tight tolerances.
  • Shipping, returns, and warranty support could be a hassle if you have any issues, compared to buying from a local bike shop or major retailer.
  • Some of the included accessories like spoke wrenches may be lower quality.
That said, for occasional home use, it's probably a solid value if you want to true your own wheels and aren't ready to invest in a high-end stand. Just keep your expectations reasonable and inspect it carefully when it arrives.Personally, I'd lean towards a basic Park Tool or Feedback Sports stand in this price range for better support and peace of mind. But if you're comfortable with the potential trade-offs, this could be a good budget-friendly way to get started with wheel truing. Let us know how it works out if you decide to try it!