OT: Girl's tragic end...

Ferrante

Guest
I am really bummed out. I could not believe it when my dad told me this a.m. that they found the
little girl's body who had been abducted. I had hoped so much that they would find her alive. I
don't know how they will do it, but I pray that her family and friends make it through this.

I also feel sorry for the family of the man who did this. I have not watched the news yet, but I
was told he had kids, wife, and according to neighbors seemed like a normal guy. Just imagine what
his kids and wife will have to endure. I also hope that people don't fault them for what the father
did (imagine kids in school). That ******* only thought of himself, and thank God that camera was
where it was.

Mark Anthony Ferrante

"FERRANTE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... <snip>

"and according to neighbors seemed like a normal guy."

<more snip>

"Seemed" being the operative word...

From MSNBC.com.

"Smith has been arrested at least 13 times in Florida since 1993, according to state records. He was
arrested in 1997 in Manatee County on kidnapping and false imprisonment charges, but was acquitted a
year later.

Smith served 17 months in prison for heroin possession and prescription drug fraud and was released
in 2003. He was arrested eight days later on the cocaine possession charge and was placed on
probation for three years. In 1998, he was acquitted of kidnapping and false imprisonment of a 20-year-
old woman. She told deputies that 'he got on top of me and told me to shut up or he would cut me.'

Smith called it a misunderstanding.

'He testified he believed the woman was going to try to harm herself by throwing herself into
traffic,' said prosecutor Brian Iten, who said the acquittal surprised him. 'He said she
misinterpreted his actions because of his tattoos.'

Normal? Hardly. Should have been off the street long ago? Most likely.

'Tis a shame the way the world seems to be headed.

Jason

FERRANTE wrote:

> I am really bummed out. I could not believe it when my dad told me this a.m. that they found the
> little girl's body who had been abducted. I had hoped so much that they would find her alive. I
> don't know how they will do it, but I pray that her family and friends make it through this.

Yeah, I got up this morning a little before 7, turned on the tv thinking they must have found
that girl by now, one way or another. It was distressing but not surprising at how they found
her. Poor kid.

After watching her mother begging for her return, it was even more hurtful.

nancy

"FERRANTE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am really bummed out. I could not believe it when my dad told me this a.m. that they found the
> little girl's body who had been abducted. I had hoped so much that they would find her alive. I
> don't know how they will do it, but I pray that her family and friends make it through this.
>
> I also feel sorry for the family of the man who did this. I have not watched the news yet, but I
> was told he had kids, wife, and according to neighbors seemed like a normal guy. Just imagine what
> his kids and wife will have to endure. I also hope that people don't fault them for what the
> father did (imagine kids in school). That ******* only thought of himself, and thank God that
> camera was where it was.
>
> Mark Anthony Ferrante

I believe this person (man) should be granted a fair and speedy trial - like this week and any
sentence performed within one week of a conviction (in Public).

Dimitri

Jason Tinling wrote:
> "FERRANTE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]... <snip>
>
> "and according to neighbors seemed like a normal guy."
>
> <more snip>
>
> "Seemed" being the operative word...

Yeah, I hear Ted Bundy was a genuinely nice guy, and everyone thought Jeffrey Dahmer was a
good neighbor.

Jill

>Normal? Hardly. Should have been off the street long ago? Most likely.

I agree with you, but understand, when the neighbor said "normal" they were unaware of his history.

Mark

"Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:%_OUb.32374

> I believe this person (man) should be granted a fair and speedy trial -
like
> this week and any sentence performed within one week of a conviction (in Public).

This is the type of case where you could make a legitimate argument for such a policy. They have him
on video abducting, they have hard evidential link between the girl and his car, they have the body,
and if they now establish a DNA link, then I could support an accelerated process. Punishment would,
IMO, serve more effectively as deterrent if administered while the event is still in the news.

>"Jason Tinling" boasted:
>
>'Tis a shame the way the world seems to be headed.

Yeah, more and more smarmy douche bags like you... a sneaky snake who would remove the "OT" from the
Subject line. You NEWBIE piece of ****! ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED
NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without
tribulation."

"PENMART01" <[email protected]> wrote his usual

Sheldon, relax, go pet your cats. Plow the back 40, something.

Although I feel a bit slighted, it's taken this many years for you to *notice* me. Shall I class
Dimitri in with me in the newbie camp who's newsreaders remove the OT in replies?

Muchos besos, Jason

Dimitri wrote:
> I believe this person (man) should be granted a fair and speedy trial
> - like this week and any sentence performed within one week of a conviction (in Public).

While the man is obviously guilty, he deserves all the rights that any other U.S. citizen has -- the
right to a fair trial, right to appeal, right to humane treatment, et al.

More importantly, any capital or otherwise irreversible punishment needs to be delayed for appeals,
uncovering new evidence, etc. Once you flip the switch, there is no going back.

--
John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/ [email protected]

> I am really bummed out. I could not believe it when my dad told me this a.m. that they found the
> little girl's body who had been abducted. I had hoped so much that they would find her alive. I
> don't know how they will do it, but I pray that her family and friends make it through this.
>
> I also feel sorry for the family of the man who did this. I have not watched the news yet, but I
> was told he had kids, wife, and according to neighbors seemed like a normal guy. Just imagine what
> his kids and wife will have to endure. I also hope that people don't fault them for what the
> father did (imagine kids in school). That ******* only thought of himself, and thank God that
> camera was where it was.

Doubtful. That mans family will pay the price for his deeds for many years. They'll have to leave
their current home, move somewhere else where they might be unknown - perhaps adopting the mothers
maiden name, etc.

People in the U.S. seem unable to separate the family from the individual who committed
the vile act.

"John Gaughan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> While the man is obviously guilty, he deserves all the rights that any other U.S. citizen has --
> the right to a fair trial, right to appeal, right to humane treatment, et al.
>
> More importantly, any capital or otherwise irreversible punishment needs to be delayed for
> appeals, uncovering new evidence, etc. Once you flip the switch, there is no going back.

Tell that to Carlie.

--
Tank

This Space To Let.

In article <[email protected]>, "John Gaquin"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:%_OUb.32374
> >
> > I believe this person (man) should be granted a fair and speedy trial -
> like
> > this week and any sentence performed within one week of a conviction (in Public).
>
> This is the type of case where you could make a legitimate argument for such a policy. They have
> him on video abducting, they have hard evidential link between the girl and his car, they have the
> body, and if they now establish a DNA link, then I could support an accelerated process.
> Punishment would, IMO, serve more effectively as deterrent if administered while the event is
> still in the news.

This is a lynch mob mentality. The legal system moves very slowly for good reason. Once you
circumvent the procedures designed to protect the innocent, then who gets to decide when it's OK to
do this and when it isn't? I sure don't want to be the victim of a capricious legal system.

You can't bring the girl back. There can be no justice in lynching the guy. It's not easy to do the
right thing, but we need to anyway.

--
Dan Abel Sonoma State University AIS [email protected]

noname wrote:

> People in the U.S. seem unable to separate the family from the individual who committed the
> vile act.

It's not just a "people in the U.S." thing. The Europeans have been attacking Jews for over 1000
years for being "Christ killers." While the term is *partially* true (without going into the
theological responsibility we all have, calling the Jews "Christ killers" ignores the Romans' part
in the deed), I doubt any Jews alive today were present 2000+ years ago.

Best regards, Bob

In article <[email protected]>, "Jason
Tinling" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "FERRANTE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]... <snip>
>
> "and according to neighbors seemed like a normal guy."
>
> <more snip>
>
> "Seemed" being the operative word...
>
> From MSNBC.com.
>
> "Smith has been arrested at least 13 times in Florida since 1993, according to state records. He
> was arrested in 1997 in Manatee County on kidnapping and false imprisonment charges, but was
> acquitted a year later.
>
> Smith served 17 months in prison for heroin possession and prescription drug fraud and was
> released in 2003. He was arrested eight days later on the cocaine possession charge and was placed
> on probation for three years. In 1998, he was acquitted of kidnapping and false imprisonment of a
> 20-year-old woman. She told deputies that 'he got on top of me and told me to shut up or he would
> cut me.'
>
> Smith called it a misunderstanding.
>
> 'He testified he believed the woman was going to try to harm herself by throwing herself into
> traffic,' said prosecutor Brian Iten, who said the acquittal surprised him. 'He said she
> misinterpreted his actions because of his tattoos.'
>
> Normal? Hardly. Should have been off the street long ago? Most likely.
>
> 'Tis a shame the way the world seems to be headed.

> Jason

"Seems" being the operative word...
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1-31-04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

Cookie,

I'm startled that even you lost focus on this one. Wheat, chaff? Buy a clue.

Is that what your GD was for? Did ya forget ya can't walk too far on the ship?

m04.aol.com...

zxcvbob wrote:

> noname wrote:
> >
> > People in the U.S. seem unable to separate the family from the individual who committed the
> > vile act.
> >

> It's not just a "people in the U.S." thing.

Exactly. People in some middle eastern countries kill their daughters or sisters for 'bringing shame
to the family.' What's this people in the US silliness?

nancy

"Dan Abel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, "John Gaquin" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:%_OUb.32374
> > >
> > > I believe this person (man) should be granted a fair and speedy
trial -
> > like
> > > this week and any sentence performed within one week of a conviction
(in
> > > Public).
> >
> > This is the type of case where you could make a legitimate argument for
such
> > a policy. They have him on video abducting, they have hard evidential
link
> > between the girl and his car, they have the body, and if they now
establish
> > a DNA link, then I could support an accelerated process. Punishment
would,
> > IMO, serve more effectively as deterrent if administered while the
event is
> > still in the news.
>

> This is a lynch mob mentality.

Bull ****!

I just want to make sure the defendents constitutational rights are observed.

"right to speedy and public trial by jury"

Noun1.right to speedy and public trial by jury - a civil right guaranteed by the 6th amendment to
the United States constitution

Amendment VI In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public
trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed,
which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and
cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process
for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Dimitri

"FERRANTE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am really bummed out. I could not believe it when my dad told me this a.m. that they found the
> little girl's body who had been abducted. I had hoped so much that they would find her alive. I
> don't know how they will do it, but I pray that her family and friends make it through this.
>
> I also feel sorry for the family of the man who did this. I have not watched the news yet, but I
> was told he had kids, wife, and according to neighbors seemed like a normal guy. Just imagine what
> his kids and wife will have to endure. I also hope that people don't fault them for what the
> father did (imagine kids in school). That ******* only thought of himself, and thank God that
> camera was where it was.
>
> Mark Anthony Ferrante

A normal guy who was arrested on kidnapping and false imprisonment charges before. You have to
wonder if Carlie would be alive today if the jury hadn't fell for his line about snatching her (the
first one) to "get her out of the street". He's also been arrested numerous times on other charges.
Apparently the neighbors aren't very observant if they really said that...though I've not seen any
reports like that. I hope he rots in hell.

kimberly

> noname wrote:
> >
> > People in the U.S. seem unable to separate the family from the individual who committed the
> > vile act.
> >

> It's not just a "people in the U.S." thing. The Europeans have been attacking Jews for over 1000
> years for being "Christ killers." While the term is *partially* true (without going into the
> theological responsibility we all have, calling the Jews "Christ killers" ignores the Romans' part
> in the deed), I doubt any Jews alive today were present 2000+ years ago.

Indeed - I'm well aware of the role of the Romans of that time in crucifying Christ. He represented
a threat to the way of life of both Roman and Jewish elite and priestly classes.

Class warfare is still alive and well, right here in the good old United States. And it is going to
get worse.