OT: Girl's tragic end...

in article [email protected], Gregory
Morrow at [email protected] wrote on 2/7/04 8:05
AM:

> Sheryl Rosen wrote:
>
>> in article [email protected], Gregory Morrow at
>> [email protected] wrote on 2/6/04
> 11:20
>> PM:

>>> Why would anyone care about what happens to a total stranger - doesn't affect you and there was
>>> nothing you could have done about the
> situation.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best Greg
>>
>> It's called "human kindness". You might want to try it sometime.
>

> Sheryl, hon - *relax*...have you ever considered undergoing a "hystericalectomy"...???
>
> A week from now you are you Partners In Sobbery here won't even remember the kid's name.

Again, Greg, you need to learn how to read. The only thing I added to this thread was the suggestion
you try some human kindness.

It's YOU who are getting hysterical.

And stop stalking me.

On 02/07/2004 6:11 AM, in article
[email protected], "Darryl L. Pierce"
<[email protected]> opined:

> Something not proven yet.
>
>> you cease to have rights in my opinion. We don't give dogs, cats or raccoons all these rights,
>> and he's no more human than they are.
>
> It's a measure of civilization that even convicts *have* rights. You stoop to the level of the
> criminal when you dehumanize them; surely, whoever killed this girl stopped considering her human,
> why would you want become just like him?

Apparently this piece of **** kidnapped a little girl before and was acquitted. The jury believed
his story that he grabbed the little girl because she was running in to traffic.

I love Bill O'Reilly because he pointed that out and put the blame on those

addresses of the jurors on national TV.

And O'Reilly posted the name and photograph of the judge who refused to send the perp back to prison
on parole violations.

I feel sorry for that asshole who now has the blood of an eleven year old on his hands.

At least his neighbors, colleagues, church members know the judge's record now.

Gotta love that O'Reilly!

"Is it chicken or is it tuna," Jessica Simpson.

The Wolf wrote:

>> Something not proven yet.
>>
>>> you cease to have rights in my opinion. We don't give dogs, cats or raccoons all these rights,
>>> and he's no more human than they are.
>>
>> It's a measure of civilization that even convicts *have* rights. You stoop to the level of the
>> criminal when you dehumanize them; surely, whoever killed this girl stopped considering her
>> human, why would you want become just like him?
>
> Apparently this piece of **** kidnapped a little girl before and was acquitted. The jury believed
> his story that he grabbed the little girl because she was running in to traffic.

So? That doesn't mean he *definitely* did it *this* time. If a house burns down in a neighborhood
where a convicted (which is different from acquitted) arsonist lives, that doesn't prove *he* burned
it down. You have to be *sure* before you punish someone they *did* do it.

> I love Bill O'Reilly because he pointed that out and put the blame on

> and addresses of the jurors on national TV.

Why? So you can punish *them* because *you* think he's guilty? What makes you think that *you* have
more information and can make a better determination than the people who were *actually involved* in
the trial? That's utter nonsense.

> And O'Reilly posted the name and photograph of the judge who refused to send the perp back to
> prison on parole violations.

If he violated parole, he *should* go back to prison *for that*.

<snip>

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]> Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:52:47 -0600, "jmcquown" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Jason Tinling wrote:
>> "FERRANTE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]... <snip>
>>
>> "and according to neighbors seemed like a normal guy."
>>
>> <more snip>
>>
>> "Seemed" being the operative word...
>>
>Yeah, I hear Ted Bundy was a genuinely nice guy, and everyone thought Jeffrey Dahmer was a good
>neighbor.
>
>Jill

*just once* i would like to hear someone say about a serial killer or

to cross the street to avoid him.'

your pal, richard

"blake murphy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... <snip>
> *just once* i would like to hear someone say about a serial killer or

> to cross the street to avoid him.'
Your 100 percent correct... If you ever see that in print or hear it please let me know as I
observed the same thing.. Eric

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (T E) wrote:

> .
>
> From: [email protected] (FERRANTE) I am really bummed out. I could not believe it when
> my dad told me this
> a.m. that they found the little girl's body who had been abducted. I had hoped so much that they
> would find her alive. I don't know how they will do it, but I pray that her family and
> friends make it through this.-------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Sad that maybe if the girl was taught to scream yell for help when a stranger hassles you she
> might be alive today.

And we can only hope that her abductor didn't tell her he'd kill her if she screamed.

Miche (it's not that simple)

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. -- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

It'll cost society a million bucks to process and convict him, and another $50k a year to keep him
in jail. I can think of better things to do with the money.

The Soviets would have solved the problem in 10 seconds with a ten-cent bullet. This is one case
where I think they had the right idea.

<rj>

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 20:21:44 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote:

>Frankly, two of the reasons that I am against the death penalty are:
>1) you can't unring that bell if the guy is later exonerated, and 2) spending one's life in a cage
> is far more cruel and inhuman than the Constitutional framers could have actually had in mind,
> IMHO. Generally speaking (and oddly speaking), murderers are the "upper class" of the prison
> population. Not so in the case of a child killer/rapist. They are the *absolute* bottom of the
> prison food chain. I worked for PDs back in the Bad Old Days of my early career as a paralegal
> and can assure you that, once this bozo is in prison, his hell on earth has just begun IF he
> lives out whatever passes for a normal prison life span. The other inmates, the guards, the
> administration - they all absolutely hate the guy.
>
>AFAICS, there is no deterrent to animals such as this. They're all about poor impulse control and
>twisted desires. One of the things I learned with the PDs in doing client intake interviews is:
>these people really *are* twisted. They do not think like you and me. They feel no remose and,
>AFAICS, their only real emotion is fear of getting caught. I'm willing to bet this bozo isn't
>suffering one pang of regret over the child, just a pang of regret of having been caught.
>
>OB Food: The starch in a prison diet will make him look like Ted Kennedy in short order.
>
>Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA
>
>"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as old as the bird, and if the
>bird's breasts had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very good dinner."
>Anonymous.
>
>To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

<rj

You can teach kids all sorts of prevention techniques but there is no way to tell how they will
actually react to a real event. It's easy for us to say we would do this or that if confronted with
a traumatic situation, but the truth is we don't really know unless we are confronted with it.

> Sad that maybe if the girl was taught to scream yell for help when a stranger hassles you she
> might be alive today.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tank" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "John Gaughan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > While the man is obviously guilty, he deserves all the rights that any other U.S. citizen has --
> > the right to a fair trial, right to appeal, right to humane treatment, et al.
> >
> > More importantly, any capital or otherwise irreversible punishment needs to be delayed for
> > appeals, uncovering new evidence, etc. Once you flip the switch, there is no going back.
>
> Tell that to Carlie.

I will approve of the death penalty the day we can bring the victim back from the dead.

Miche

--

[email protected] (Gina *) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >>So you are of the opinion that the USA >>should start torturing
> prisoners? Then we can >>do more posturing about the land of the free
> >>and the home of the brave? Brian Rodenborn .
> . I'm just saying in prison culture, people like this jerk get more than a mere taste of their own
> medicine. It is my understanding this occurs even on the condemned units. To be forthright, as an
> incest survivor I cannot speak impartially about these offenders. That is why care and custody of
> suspects and offenders are given to impartial persons willing to protect us from them and them
> from each other. And, the undeniable fact is that this guy has probably been raped by now (Fri
> evening) and that it will probably happen again and again and again....

Actually, he would more than likely be segregated from the main prison population and placed in IMU
(Intensive Management Unit) in solitary - 23 hours in and 1 hour out for exercise. We had a similar
case several years ago where I used to live. Guy raped and murdered a 15 year old friend of his
daughters. He was not held in county jail to await trial, he was held in the state correctional
facility. The sig other had not yet retired from working for DOC so he had the dubious "pleasure" of
having contact with the sleaze on several occasions.

Sandi

On 02/07/2004 8:10 AM, in article
[email protected], "Darryl L. Pierce"
<[email protected]> opined:

> The Wolf wrote:
>
>>> Something not proven yet.

>>> It's a measure of civilization that even convicts *have* rights. You stoop to the level of the
>>> criminal when you dehumanize them; surely, whoever killed this girl stopped considering her
>>> human, why would you want become just like him?
>>
>> Apparently this piece of **** kidnapped a little girl before and was acquitted. The jury believed
>> his story that he grabbed the little girl because she was running in to traffic.
>
> So? That doesn't mean he *definitely* did it *this* time.

stupid?

If a house burns
> down in a neighborhood where a convicted (which is different from acquitted) arsonist lives,
> that doesn't prove *he* burned it down. You have to be *sure* before you punish someone they
> *did* do it.
>
>> I love Bill O'Reilly because he pointed that out and put the blame on

>> and addresses of the jurors on national TV.

They bought some dumb ass story that he grabbed the little girl to keep her

> Why? So you can punish *them* because *you* think he's guilty? What makes you think that *you*
> have more information and can make a better determination than the people who were *actually
> involved* in the trial? That's utter nonsense.
>
>> And O'Reilly posted the name and photograph of the judge who refused to send the perp back to
>> prison on parole violations.
>
> If he violated parole, he *should* go back to prison *for that*.
>
> <snip>

"When a broad table is to be made, and the edges of planks do not fit, the artist takes a little
from both, and makes a good joint. In like manner here, both sides must part with some of their
demands," Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

"PENMART01" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > "mondaymorning" says:
> >
> >You can teach kids all sorts of prevention techniques but there is no way
> >tell how they will actually react to a real event. It's easy for us to
say
> >we would do this or that if confronted with a traumatic situation, but
the
> >truth is we don't really know unless we are confronted with it.
>
> Yup, that's the answer... give your rugrats voice lessons. So where are
the
> parents? Why was an eleven year old walking those desolate streets all
alone,
> not even with another rugrat... you mean none of those so-called parents possessed the IQ to
> figger out that it might be a good idea to drive those rugrats home? But nooo, parents these days
> are way too occupied with
their own
> selfish little lives to actually parent.
>
> The way I heard it on the news the step father was suppsed to pick up the
girl
> but the guy just couldn't get his drunken butt outta bed. And then the
host of
> the sleep over made no effort whatsoever to get that child home safely,
nor did
> they detain her, but instead of keeping her safe in their house until
other
> arrangements could be made they cold heartedly without an inkling in their
pea
> brains booted her out into the cruel streets to fend for herself.
>
> The sicko scum that commited the murder is responsible for commiting the
murder
> and he will pay, but he is not the one responsible for the *precipitant
events*
> and those irresponsible bastards who are (and they know who they are, and
there
> are many) will pay too, every minute of every day for the rest of their miserable little lives.
>
> Anyone with operational genitals can birth a child but that does not a responsible parent make.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon
> ```````````` "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

Well, Sheldon, you've drawn me out of many years of lurkdom, (I used to post once in awhile). I am a
Sarasota resident amd am very familiar with the area in which this terrible tragedy took place. In
the first place, the roadway Carlie was supposed to use to walk home is a major roadway, not at all
deserted. Second, Carlie told her friend's mother that she had her mother's permission to walk home.
When the hostess called to check on Carlie, the stepfather immediately went searching for Carlie,
and the word got out very quickly that she was missing. This whole community has taken this very
hard. I have lived here 40 years, and have never seen such an outpouring of feeling. I just had to
get my 2 cents in. Please don't make snap judgements about people who have been through such
terrible ordeals.

"Imogene Gregory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> [...]
post
> once in awhile). I am a Sarasota resident amd am very familiar with the area in which this
> terrible tragedy took place. In the first place, the roadway Carlie was supposed to use to walk
> home is a major roadway, not at all deserted. Second, Carlie told her friend's mother that she had
> her mother's permission to walk home. When the hostess called to check on Carlie, the stepfather
> immediately went searching for Carlie, and the word got out very quickly that she was missing.
> This whole community has
taken
> this very hard. I have lived here 40 years, and have never seen such an outpouring of feeling. I
> just had to get my 2 cents in. Please don't
make
> snap judgements about people who have been through such terrible ordeals.

As much as I know how easy it is to judge when you aren't in a situation, I just have to say that
there is no conditions under which a child her age would have left my child alone, much less left
without my having talked to her mother about this "permission" to walk alone. The people who had her
in their home had a responsibility to get her home safely, as they were entrusted with her. It may
sound harsh, but come on...after all of the news stories of kidnappings and molestations and
murders, it is just unthinkable to me to have let her leave alone--whether or not she had
"permission".

kimberly

"Darryl L. Pierce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The Wolf wrote:
>
> >> Something not proven yet.

he's

> >> It's a measure of civilization that even convicts *have* rights. You stoop to the level of the
> >> criminal when you dehumanize them; surely, whoever killed this girl stopped considering her
> >> human, why would you want become just like him?
> >
> > Apparently this piece of **** kidnapped a little girl before and was acquitted. The jury
> > believed his story that he grabbed the little girl because she was running in to traffic.
>
> So? That doesn't mean he *definitely* did it *this* time. If a house burns down in a neighborhood
> where a convicted (which is different from acquitted) arsonist lives, that doesn't prove *he*
> burned it down. You
have
> to be *sure* before you punish someone they *did* do it.

No, the video of him doing it means he did it. The video of his car being there 3 minutes prior to
her kidnapping means he did it. His confession means he did it. His confession followed by a prompt
recovery of her body damn sure says he did it.

> > I love Bill O'Reilly because he pointed that out and put the blame on

> > and addresses of the jurors on national TV.
>
> Why? So you can punish *them* because *you* think he's guilty? What makes you think that *you*
> have more information and can make a better determination than the people who were *actually
> involved* in the trial? That's utter nonsense.

Because I for one wouldn't believe for a second that someone who threatened to cut the girl he was
"saving" was really saving her.

> > And O'Reilly posted the name and photograph of the judge who refused to send the perp back to
> > prison on parole violations.
>
> If he violated parole, he *should* go back to prison *for that*.

His parole officer is as much to blame as the judge. He didn't do his job, which was part of the
reason the judge didn't do his. Then again, if the previous charges hadn't been acquitted this would
all be a moot point.

"Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> [...]
> > snap judgements about people who have been through such terrible
ordeals.

> As much as I know how easy it is to judge when you aren't in a
situation, I
> just have to say that there is no conditions under which a child her
age
> would have left my child alone, much less left without my having
talked to
> her mother about this "permission" to walk alone. The people who had
her in
> their home had a responsibility to get her home safely, as they were entrusted with her. It may
> sound harsh, but come on...after all of
the news
> stories of kidnappings and molestations and murders, it is just
unthinkable
> to me to have let her leave alone--whether or not she had

ITA If a child is brought to me by its parents, to babysit or a playdate, he/she doesnt leave until
the parents or other responsible party shows up.so the child will stay in my care until I have
released him to the care of another even if that means great inconvenience to me. When Not to blame
the friends parents, Im sure they are kicking themselves now.

Sheryl Rosen wrote:

> in article [email protected], Gregory Morrow at
> [email protected] wrote on 2/7/04 8:05 AM:
>

> > Sheryl Rosen wrote:
> >
> >> in article [email protected],
Gregory
> >> Morrow at [email protected] wrote on 2/6/04
> > 11:20
> >> PM:

> > situation.

> >> It's called "human kindness". You might want to try it sometime.
> >

> > Sheryl, hon - *relax*...have you ever considered undergoing a "hystericalectomy"...???
> >
> > A week from now you are you Partners In Sobbery here won't even remember
the
> > kid's name.
>
> Again, Greg, you need to learn how to read. The only thing I added to this thread was the
> suggestion you try some
human
> kindness.

Au contraire, Sheryl, au contraire...I don't have to *try* it - I live it! The milk of human
kindness just oozes from my every pore....

> It's YOU who are getting hysterical.

Naw...I am enjoying some CALMING beef jerky at this very moment...here, want some...???

--
Best Greg

Nexis wrote:

> As much as I know how easy it is to judge when you aren't in a situation, I just have to say that
> there is no conditions under which a child her age would have left my child alone, much less left
> without my having talked to her mother about this "permission" to walk alone. The people who had
> her in their home had a responsibility to get her home safely, as they were entrusted with her. It
> may sound harsh, but come on...after all of the news stories of kidnappings and molestations and
> murders, it is just unthinkable to me to have let her leave alone--whether or not she had
> "permission".

Wow, I never would have gone anywhere, I went everywhere by myself at a very young age.

nancy

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Nexis wrote:
>
> > As much as I know how easy it is to judge when you aren't in a
situation, I
> > just have to say that there is no conditions under which a child her age would have left my
> > child alone, much less left without my having talked
> > her mother about this "permission" to walk alone. The people who had her
in
> > their home had a responsibility to get her home safely, as they were entrusted with her. It may
> > sound harsh, but come on...after all of the
news
> > stories of kidnappings and molestations and murders, it is just
unthinkable
> > to me to have let her leave alone--whether or not she had "permission".
>
> Wow, I never would have gone anywhere, I went everywhere by myself at a very young age.
>
> nancy

I was thinking the same thing. She was 11, not 3. Kids that age are babysitting and yet shouldn't be
allowed to walk home by themselves in broad daylight??? At that age we were walking miles alone
along the only road in our village, which also happened to be the main highway running through our
province. And since there had been a 13 year old murdered in our village when I was 4 (her killer
was quickly found, tried, convicted and hanged), and my folks knew the old man who lived 4 doors
down was a pedophile it wasn't exactly the age of innocence either. Parents just taught us to look
out around both acquaintance and stranger. Kids just weren't as sheltered as they are today.

Gabby

in article [email protected], Nancy Young at
[email protected] wrote on 2/8/04 10:46 AM:

> Nexis wrote:
>
>> As much as I know how easy it is to judge when you aren't in a situation, I just have to say that
>> there is no conditions under which a child her age would have left my child alone, much less left
>> without my having talked to her mother about this "permission" to walk alone. The people who had
>> her in their home had a responsibility to get her home safely, as they were entrusted with her.
>> It may sound harsh, but come on...after all of the news stories of kidnappings and molestations
>> and murders, it is just unthinkable to me to have let her leave alone--whether or not she had
>> "permission".
>
> Wow, I never would have gone anywhere, I went everywhere by myself at a very young age.
>
> nancy

It's so different today than it was 30-35 years ago. When I was 9, 10, 11, 12 years old, we were
outside playing for hours on end. We were due home at a certain time for lunch, and then went back
out for several hours after lunch. There was no worry about abductions. My parents both worked, but
some of my friends' moms didn't. That's who I hung out with summers and school vacations. I either
ate what my friend's mom served for lunch, or I remember sometimes I brought my own sandwich. I also
had to call my mom several times a day at work, to check in.

I was a latchkey kid, I guess, but that term didn't come into being until I was in college. When I
was very small (1st-5th grades), I loved playing with the kids 2 houses down after school. They were
3-4 years younger than me and their Mom didn't work. I found out when I was older that it was
prearranged for me to go there after school, and my Mom paid her for her time and to offset the cost
of snacks, etc. It didn't seem like it to me at the time, because it was very natural for me to want
to be there after school. The kids loved having a "big sister" and I loved being "older and wiser".
I walked home from school, let myself in, called my mother at work, fed the dog, let him out,
changed my clothes, did my homework, and then went to the neighbor's house. My dad got home from
work about 5:30, Mom, a bit later. Dad called the neighbor's house to send me home when he got
there. I walked through the neighbor's yard to get to mine.

That family moved away when I was in 5th grade, but I had other friends in the neighborhood that I
spent time with. There were no parental arrangements, but I was also old enough to be on my own for
a couple hours if need be.

In those days (early to mid 1970's), at least in the suburbs where I lived, there was no fear that
anything would happen. We worried about crossing the street, and only for fear of getting hit by a
car. I could walk half a mile to the park down the street, only having to cross sleepy side
streets, if I crossed in front of my house with my older siblings or my parents watching. So that's
what I did.

Perhaps I was lucky that nothing ever happened to me or my friends. At least, at the hands of
strangers. Let's not discuss what my friend's step-father did to her and her siblings.

Sheryl Rosen wrote:

> in article [email protected], Nancy Young at

> > Wow, I never would have gone anywhere, I went everywhere by myself at a very young age.

> It's so different today than it was 30-35 years ago. When I was 9, 10, 11, 12 years old, we were
> outside playing for hours on end. We were due home at a certain time for lunch, and then went back
> out for several hours after lunch. There was no worry about abductions.

I should have made it clear, I lived in a dangerous area, high crime. As a matter of fact, it was
the projects. My parents only decided to buy a house in a much better area when the woman next door
was murdered. Still, I and all my friends were most certainly not accomanied by an adult as we
wandered around. No. You walked home by yourself, at at age far younger than 11.

> I was a latchkey kid, I guess, but that term didn't come into being until I was in college. When I
> was very small (1st-5th grades), I loved playing with the kids 2 houses down after school.

I had a friend who I'd go home with after school sometimes, but the rest of the time, if my mother
wasn't home, it was hang out in the hallway or outside till she did get home.

> Perhaps I was lucky that nothing ever happened to me or my friends. At least, at the hands of
> strangers. Let's not discuss what my friend's step-father did to her and her siblings.

Terrible.

nancy