OT: Tom Kunich's Skills As A Prognosticator

Howard Kveck

Guest
Or: Missed it by **that** much.

On 26 February, 2005, Tom said:

"Four more years Robert. And then we'll elect another Republican. In the
meantime we'll get a super majority in the House and Senate. Then we'll be
able to put in Supreme Court Justices who will fulfill their responsibility
to the Constitution and not make laws outside of it.

"Oh, yeah, and war WAS the answer."

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/d442900f23d89097?hl=en&

That's going to be a mighty tough row to hoe to achieve those supermajorities
after yesterday.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Howard Kveck wrote:

<SNIP>

It's a great day to be a Republican!

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 23:13:45 -0700, Howard Kveck <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Or: Missed it by **that** much.
>
> On 26 February, 2005, Tom said:
>
> "Four more years Robert. And then we'll elect another Republican. In the
>meantime we'll get a super majority in the House and Senate. Then we'll be
>able to put in Supreme Court Justices who will fulfill their responsibility
>to the Constitution and not make laws outside of it.
>
> "Oh, yeah, and war WAS the answer."
>
>http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/d442900f23d89097?hl=en&
>
> That's going to be a mighty tough row to hoe to achieve those supermajorities
>after yesterday.

All depends on what the Dems do now.

They're in only because of Republican incompetence, not because of anything they
stand for as a party.

Let the games begin.

Ron

RonSonic wrote:

> Let the games begin.

They've been going on for quite some time.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> It's a great day to be a Republican!

Sometimes, you have to take one step back to go two steps forward.

--
Bill Asher

RonSonic wrote:.

> All depends on what the Dems do now.
>
> They're in only because of Republican incompetence, not because of anything they
> stand for as a party.

Dumbass -

Neither party can do anything to improve the situation in Iraq. It is a
hopeless situation and it was the moment the Baathists were excluded
from the new government, setting the stage for an inevitable civil war.

The only question about the coming bloodbath is when, not if, it will
come. We do have some control over the "when" (whenever we leave). We
have no control of the "if".

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

William Asher wrote:

> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>

>>It's a great day to be a Republican!
>>

> Sometimes, you have to take one step back to go two steps forward.

SSRIs are supposed to be good for that.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

Mark & Steven Bornfeld wrote:

> William Asher wrote:
>
>> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>>

>>>It's a great day to be a Republican!
>>>

>> Sometimes, you have to take one step back to go two steps forward.
>>

> SSRIs are supposed to be good for that.

Like peanut butter and jelly, soma and Lenin always go well together.

--
Bill Asher

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Or: Missed it by **that** much.
>
> On 26 February, 2005, Tom said:
>
> "Four more years Robert. And then we'll elect another Republican. In the
> meantime we'll get a super majority in the House and Senate. Then we'll be
> able to put in Supreme Court Justices who will fulfill their
> responsibility
> to the Constitution and not make laws outside of it.

Whatever happened to Forrest?

On Nov 9, 1:39 pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote:
> The only question about the coming bloodbath is when, not if, it will
> come. We do have some control over the "when" (whenever we leave). We
> have no control of the "if".
>
> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

We agree on the bloodbath being inevitable, and it's going to be
region wide with Iran, Syria, and Lebanon going Shiite, and the rest
supporting the Sunnis.
The only thing holding it off now are the US troops. It hasn't even
begun to get historically bad yet, but it's coming.
I think we might have prevented it by actually occupying the country
and exterminatiing the Baathists as a functional force, but that
would've played into Iran and ****** off our "allies".
We should never have gone in, based on what we now know, and we
should've just pulled out and let them sort it out afterwards.
Time to get out and let the good times roll.
Bill C

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> Neither party can do anything to improve the situation in Iraq. It is a
> hopeless situation and it was the moment the Baathists were excluded
> from the new government, setting the stage for an inevitable civil war.
>
> The only question about the coming bloodbath is when, not if, it will
> come. We do have some control over the "when" (whenever we leave). We
> have no control of the "if".

Any word from the Iraqi cycling team? Have they given up the immodest
package-molding lycra for baggy sweats, or are they hiding on rollers
in the bunker?

Bill C wrote:
> On Nov 9, 1:39 pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > The only question about the coming bloodbath is when, not if, it will
> > come. We do have some control over the "when" (whenever we leave). We
> > have no control of the "if".
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > K. Gringioni.

> We agree on the bloodbath being inevitable, and it's going to be
> region wide with Iran, Syria, and Lebanon going Shiite, and the rest
> supporting the Sunnis.
> The only thing holding it off now are the US troops. It hasn't even
> begun to get historically bad yet, but it's coming.
> I think we might have prevented it by actually occupying the country
> and exterminatiing the Baathists as a functional force, but that
> would've played into Iran and ****** off our "allies".
> We should never have gone in, based on what we now know, and we
> should've just pulled out and let them sort it out afterwards.

Dumbass -

There was one way to make it work: take out Saddam Hussein and leave
the Baathists in place.

Problem is: very risky policy. Bush Sr. didn't do it because you could
end up with someone in charge who is worse than Saddam.

Why we didn't do it: arrogance. The Neocons In Charge bought the bogus
intellegence provided by Chalabi & Co. and disregarded all else.

That said, I agree with you, we should have never gone in. Should
continued with containment, (as advocated by Anthony Zinni).

Ironically, Richard Perle, the "Prince of Darkness" of the Neocons,
came out this past week and said that's what we should have done
(containment) in hindsight. It was a clear shot at Rumsfeld, coming the
week before the election. With former allies like Perle deserting the
ship, it's amazing that Rumsfeld lasted this long (surely Perle made
his feeling known to W. Bush long before going public).

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ironically, Richard Perle, the "Prince of Darkness" of the Neocons,
> came out this past week and said that's what we should have done
> (containment) in hindsight. It was a clear shot at Rumsfeld, coming the
> week before the election. With former allies like Perle deserting the
> ship, it's amazing that Rumsfeld lasted this long (surely Perle made
> his feeling known to W. Bush long before going public).

I'm not all that sure it was a shot at Rummy so much as guys like Perle and the
rest of clowns abandoning the SS Mission Accomplished seeing the electoral
handwriting on the wall. They're scurrying to distance themselves from the war that
they clamored for so they can continue to have influence on foreign policy. Anyway,
even if Perle had let Bush know long ago, Bush wouldn never let that influence him.
Once he's made a decision on something like keeping someone he's chosen, he won't
ever let them loose. Until he needs someone to throw under the bus to distract
attention from his own failings. Then all bets are off.

--

Frank Drackman wrote:
> "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Or: Missed it by **that** much.
> >
> > On 26 February, 2005, Tom said:
> >
> > "Four more years Robert. And then we'll elect another Republican. In the
> > meantime we'll get a super majority in the House and Senate. Then we'll be
> > able to put in Supreme Court Justices who will fulfill their
> > responsibility
> > to the Constitution and not make laws outside of it.
> >

> Whatever happened to Forrest?

Kunich dropped off the rbr radar in late August (No, I don't keep
track, I looked it up with google). He sometimes does this although
I can't recall the last time he disappeared for 3 months. Maybe he
wasn't joking about those overseas "consulting" jobs (think he's
contracting for Halliburton?), or the authorities moved him to
an "undisclosed location." Or maybe he's in Gitmo.

Or he could just be riding his bike and getting in the base miles
and we should let sleeping dogs lie, before he whups us in the Cat 5
Early Bird Criteriums.

Ben

> Kunich dropped off the rbr radar in late August (No, I don't keep
> track, I looked it up with google). He sometimes does this although
> I can't recall the last time he disappeared for 3 months. Maybe he
> wasn't joking about those overseas "consulting" jobs (think he's
> contracting for Halliburton?), or the authorities moved him to
> an "undisclosed location." Or maybe he's in Gitmo.
>
> > Ben

No, he is working in India for a while.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/11/09/india.eunuchs.ap/index.html

Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Ironically, Richard Perle, the "Prince of Darkness" of the Neocons,
> > came out this past week and said that's what we should have done
> > (containment) in hindsight. It was a clear shot at Rumsfeld, coming the
> > week before the election. With former allies like Perle deserting the
> > ship, it's amazing that Rumsfeld lasted this long (surely Perle made
> > his feeling known to W. Bush long before going public).

> I'm not all that sure it was a shot at Rummy so much as guys like Perle and the
> rest of clowns abandoning the SS Mission Accomplished seeing the electoral
> handwriting on the wall.

Dumbass -

If not, why do it a week before the election?

Kenneth Adelman, in particular, had some choice comments for Rumsfeld.
His criticism came out about the same time as Perle's, a week before
the election.

From:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20730831-28737,00.html

<snip>

Even more damning personally for Rumsfeld were the words of his former
Pentagon confidant, neo-con high priest Kenneth Adelman, who wrote in
2002 that winning in Iraq would be a cakewalk.

"I just presumed that what I considered to be the most competent
national security team since Truman was indeed going to be competent,"
Adelman was quoted as saying. "They turned out to be among the most
incompetent teams in the post-war era. Not only did each of them,
individually, have enormous flaws, but together they were deadly,
dysfunctional."

He saved his worst for Rumsfeld, saying he had been fooled by the
74-year-old. "I'm crushed by his performance," Adelman said.

<snip><end>

thanks,

K. Grinigoni.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> He saved his worst for Rumsfeld, saying he had been fooled by the
> 74-year-old. "I'm crushed by his performance," Adelman said.

Didn't his wife say something similar after the Onion reported his
surprise visit to her vagina ?

in message <[email protected]>, Steve
('[email protected]') wrote:

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> At least, extremely unresponsive for close to 24 hours.
>>
>> Maybe his 'puter broke or something? Any word? --D-y
>>

> He is working in India for a while.
> http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/11/09/india.eunuchs.ap/index.html

Ah! Outsourced himself.

Iraq war: it's time for regime change...
... go now, Tony, while you can still go with dignity.
[update three years after this .sig was written: it's still relevant]