Paint Drying, Grass Growing, Wind Tunnel

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kraig Willett, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. What do they have in common?

    Check out:

    http://tinyurl.com/4n51

    to find out. (~400 kb .wmv file - so if you don't have windows media player, don't waste your time).

    --
    ==================
    Kraig Willett www.biketechreview.com

    Tags:

  2. Almost Fast

    Almost Fast Guest

    Cool!

    What is it? Wheel? Fork? Will you compare it with others?

    Why so long? Waiting for the right speed/temperature/stability/equilibrium? Or just taking
    lots of data?

    "Kraig Willett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > What do they have in common?
    >
    > Check out:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/4n51
    >
    > to find out. (~400 kb .wmv file - so if you don't have windows media player, don't waste
    > your time).

  3. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Kraig Willett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What do they have in common?
    >
    > Check out:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/4n51
    >
    > to find out. (~400 kb .wmv file - so if you don't have windows media player, don't
    waste
    > your time).

    hehehe...the vid makes a pretty seamless loop. It just keeps going, and going, and going...

    Mike - Zzzzzzz....

  4. "almost fast" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Cool!
    >
    > What is it? Wheel? Fork?

    It is a setup very similar to this:

    http://tinyurl.com/4oqd

    >Will you compare it with others?

    That is the plan - I have a few data sets that are of interest.

    > Why so long? Waiting for the right speed/temperature/stability/equilibrium? Or just taking lots
    > of data?

    Data was taken in ~8 second bursts at 30 samples/sec at the following yaw angles:

    ,5,10,15,20,0

    The whole run takes about 8 minutes or so to complete.

    --
    ==================

  5. On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Kraig Willett wrote:

    > It is a setup very similar to this: http://tinyurl.com/4oqd
    >
    > Data was taken in ~8 second bursts at 30 samples/sec at the following yaw angles:
    >
    > ,5,10,15,20,0
    >
    > The whole run takes about 8 minutes or so to complete.

    Will you be posting data? Any idea when?? -- Doug Milliken

  6. "Doug Milliken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Kraig Willett wrote:
    >
    > > It is a setup very similar to this: http://tinyurl.com/4oqd
    > >

    > Will you be posting data? Any idea when??

    I should have at least one data set on my site by mid February (probably disk vs wheel cover). Keep
    your eyes peeled in the cycling media for a more mainstream (i.e., "free") distribution of another
    data set (still working on that one, though).

    --
    Kraig Willett www.biketechreview.com

  7. Wade Summers

    Wade Summers Guest

    That little film brought me back to River Rd....

    Wade