Pants?

Andrew

Guest
Now this is not an expletive this time.

If it is not too intimate to reveal what do people do whilst cycling, pants wise?

After a long ride cotton ones seem so soggy its like wearing a nappy.

Is there a more comfy solution? Commando is an obvious one.

--
Andrew

"Look laddie, if you're in the penalty area and aren't quite sure what to do with the ball, just
stick it in the net and we'll discuss all your options afterwards."

andrew wrote:
> Now this is not an expletive this time.
>
> If it is not too intimate to reveal what do people do whilst cycling, pants wise?
>
> After a long ride cotton ones seem so soggy its like wearing a nappy.
>
> Is there a more comfy solution? Commando is an obvious one.

Depends what and how I'm going to ride.

If it's with the wife and kids, almost anything will do .. If it's a race then full lycra, if I'm
out 'playing' then baggy shorts and 'proper' padded undergarment works well.

--

Completed 1611 Seti work units in 12319 hours http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 21:20:22 +0100, andrew wrote:

> Now this is not an expletive this time.
>
> If it is not too intimate to reveal what do people do whilst cycling, pants wise?
>
> After a long ride cotton ones seem so soggy its like wearing a nappy.
>
> Is there a more comfy solution? Commando is an obvious one.

I normally wear baggy shorts from Parrot. I think these are really good - they are made of a
quick drying fabric (I think it is Tactel), have pockets and come to just above my knees. As Paul
says, underneath you can wear padded 'shorts liners'. I wear shorts liners, or a pair of lycra
cycling shorts.

John Hearns <[email protected]> wrote in message news:q%[email protected]...
> On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 21:20:22 +0100, andrew wrote:
>
> > Now this is not an expletive this time.
> >
> > If it is not too intimate to reveal what do people do whilst cycling,
pants
> > wise?
> >
> > After a long ride cotton ones seem so soggy its like wearing a nappy.
> >
> > Is there a more comfy solution? Commando is an obvious one.
>
> I normally wear baggy shorts from Parrot. I think these are really good - they are made of a
> quick drying fabric (I think it is Tactel), have pockets and come to just above my knees. As Paul
> says, underneath you can wear padded 'shorts liners'. I wear shorts liners, or a pair of lycra
> cycling shorts.

Anything more than 40km in the saddle.....Commando...there is no other way.

--
Mark

andrew wrote:
> Is there a more comfy solution? Commando is an obvious one.

Not supposed to wear anything underneath lycra cycling shorts (although I don't think you'll get
arrested if you do!).

Non-cotton underpants are available, eg: http://tinyurl.com/ae3g .

If wearing baggy shorts/trousers, you could try padded cycling undershorts, eg. Madison or Ozzo (I
tried Madison's and thought they were awful but plenty of people like them).

See: www.mwdyason.ltd.uk/shop.asp?no_category=15&text_company=UNDERCLOTHES for some undershorts with
and without padding.

~PB

>Not supposed to wear anything underneath lycra cycling shorts (although I don't think you'll get
>arrested if you do!).

Personally I wear me knickers under me shorts as I find it more comfortable. Vernon goes commando
(large weapon - did I say that???) but Nathan is shy and is covered up ;-) Each to what he or she
finds most comfortable I think. With the proviso, of course, that b*bs are abhorrant whether
commando or otherwise.

Cheers, paving slab fairy

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

"andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Now this is not an expletive this time.
>
> If it is not too intimate to reveal what do people do whilst cycling,
pants
> wise?
>
> After a long ride cotton ones seem so soggy its like wearing a nappy.
>
> Is there a more comfy solution? Commando is an obvious one.

Outdoor (walking/climbing) shops sell pants made from synthetics which wick sweat better
than cotton.

NC

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

> b*bs are abhorrant whether commando or otherwise.

What will you do when Nathan goes through his rebellious stage?
--
remove remove to reply

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, andrew wrote

> Boobs? Que?
>
> Abhorrant?
>
> I'm confused.

bibshorts.

--
----------------------+ Alex Graham | [email protected] | ----------------------+

. With
> the proviso, of course, that b*bs are abhorrant whether commando or
otherwise.

Boobs? Que?

Abhorrant?

I'm confused.

--
Andrew

"Look laddie, if you're in the penalty area and aren't quite sure what to do with the ball, just
stick it in the net and we'll discuss all your options afterwards."

"andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Now this is not an expletive this time.
>
> If it is not too intimate to reveal what do people do whilst cycling,
pants
> wise?
>
> After a long ride cotton ones seem so soggy its like wearing a nappy.
>
> Is there a more comfy solution? Commando is an obvious one.
>

> --
> Andrew
>

> "Look laddie, if you're in the penalty area and aren't quite sure what to
do
> with the ball, just stick it in the net and we'll discuss all your options afterwards."

Bib shorts everytime..........................

>ducks out of the way<

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

>>What will you do when Nathan goes through his rebellious stage?
>
>Actually, he doesn't like b*bs - I have indoctrinated, sorry, trained him well. We mothers are
>expert at inducing guilt trips - comes with the job description ;-)

I was indoctrinated to believe that phoning home if out after 11 pm was the right thing to do... But
when in the embrace of a young lady in the tender teens phoning home was the last thing on my mind.
Actually, the subject title was more to do with what was on my mind!
--
remove remove to reply

"andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Now this is not an expletive this time.
>
> If it is not too intimate to reveal what do people do whilst cycling,
pants
> wise?
>
> After a long ride cotton ones seem so soggy its like wearing a nappy.
>
> Is there a more comfy solution? Commando is an obvious one.

Commando is the only way! Truly.

Rich

"andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Now this is not an expletive this time.
>
> If it is not too intimate to reveal what do people do whilst cycling,
pants
> wise?
>
> After a long ride cotton ones seem so soggy its like wearing a nappy.
>
> Is there a more comfy solution? Commando is an obvious one.
>

> --
> Andrew

On my recent <yawn> E2E, I wore running shorts under lycra leggings, then Ron Hill bikesters on top.
This was for the first 5 days and was working well apart from a 'scrunching up' effect early on in
each days ride. This soon passed and was only a minor irritant. On day 6 I decided to try without
the running shorts....Ouch! received painful chafing and reverted to running shorts the following
day, no further problems. These are the running shorts that are superlight / almost not there with
their own built in pants. This was for a hundred mile a day ride for 9 consecutive days though, had
to make sure it was as comfortable as possible. Ordinarily quite happy to go commando though ;-)
Cheers, Dave.

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
>> Not supposed to wear anything underneath lycra cycling shorts (although I don't think you'll get
>> arrested if you do!).
>
> Personally I wear me knickers under me shorts as I find it more comfortable. Vernon goes commando
> (large weapon - did I say that???) but Nathan is shy and is covered up ;-) Each to what he or she
> finds most comfortable I think. With the proviso, of course, that b*bs are abhorrant whether
> commando or otherwise.
>
> Cheers, paving slab fairy

Why are bibbed shorts loathed so much?

--
StainlessSteelRat "An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." -- Mohandas Gandhi

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
>> Why are bibbed shorts loathed so much?
>
> Because they are foul objects - spawn of satan - objects designed to make the wearers look like
> rejects from a Mr Muscle advert, and I just don't like them (mental trauma from seeing a metallic
> silver Lycra pair for sale). All entirely objective reasons ;-)

So is wearing them because they feel comfy (and hide my fat stomach) allowed? :)

I'm a big fan of bibbed shorts, but the Mr. Muscle bits are hidden under T-shirts 'n stuff. Shame I
can't get a thinner pair as I could hide my fat stomach when I go on dates!

--
StainlessSteelRat "The critic is a man who prefers the indolence of opinion to the trials of
action." -- John Mason Brown

andrew wrote:
> Now this is not an expletive this time.
>
> If it is not too intimate to reveal what do people do whilst cycling, pants wise?
>
> After a long ride cotton ones seem so soggy its like wearing a nappy.
>
> Is there a more comfy solution? Commando is an obvious one.

I usually wear the ole pants, although something with a "minimal profile"
i.e. not boxers. Although recently of late I feel a little castrated by the devils, so I might
switch to commando.

--
StainlessSteelRat Lois Einhorn: Listen pet ****, how you like me to make your life a living hell?
Ace Ventura: Well I'm not really ready for a relationship Lois, but thank you for asking.

> >What will you do when Nathan goes through his rebellious stage?
>
> Actually, he doesn't like b*bs - I have indoctrinated, sorry, trained him
well.
> We mothers are expert at inducing guilt trips - comes with the job
description
> ;-)

Er, at the risk of Christ knows what . . . why on earth would a male choose waisted shorts, other
than perhaps financial reasons?

Mal

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 21:20:22 +0100, "andrew" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Is there a more comfy solution?

Absolutely. Recument riders have no such problems :-D

>Commando is an obvious one.

That is the Approved Method with padded Lycra, especially bibshorts [banking on the
paving slab fairy not being able to read HTML glyphs]

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

"Mal" <[email protected]> writes:

> Er, at the risk of Christ knows what . . . why on earth would a male choose waisted shorts, other
> than perhaps financial reasons?

Nipple chafe? I dunno

-dan

--