Pezcyclingnews: Tour’15 Roadside: Stage Start Talk!

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Roadside St.19: On such big day in the Alps, not all the action was on the roads… Ed Hood made a strategic move to the start village and caught up men who aren’t afraid to speak their minds: photog John Pierce, & former pros Leon Van Bon, Tim Harris, Malcolm Elliott, Dag Otto Lauritzen, and certain team owner…‘Hi Mr. Tinkov, how are you today; we’ve chatted a few times in the past, do you remember ?’“No !”‘What about your team’s Tour so far ?’“Ask me on Monday !”It’s not going to go down as my greatest interview – the last time we spoke he was chatty, smiley and larked around for the camera.But I guess if I’d been telling anyone who’d listen that my boy Alberto was going to add to his Giro victory with a “double” in Le Tour, only for the Spaniard to languish at 6:40 on the maillot jaune, I wouldn’t be chatty/smiley either.Still, he did let me take his picture.Stage starts – you have to work at least once during a Tour.The caravan is lined up beside the river as we head into Saint-Jean-De-Maurienne to see the start of Stage 19.We line up alongside the crazy collection of contraptions and wait for it to roll – when it eventually does we’re in prime position for ‘pretty girl shots.’All good things must come to an end though and eventually the caravan is off on it’s merry way around Les Alpes.We abandon the car and head for the...

View the full article