polar 725 question

matt22

Jun 21, 2004
I just got a polar 725 hrm with version 4 of their software. I am trying to figure out if I can get the gradient off my rides. I can get the altitude on the graph but no gradient. I read some previous threads that it is possible with the 710/720. If anyone knows if/how this can be done with the software please let me know.

Thanks

matt22 said:
I just got a polar 725 hrm with version 4 of their software. I am trying to figure out if I can get the gradient off my rides. I can get the altitude on the graph but no gradient. I read some previous threads that it is possible with the 710/720. If anyone knows if/how this can be done with the software please let me know.

Thanks
I have a 720, so as long as the software is the same - there are two ways. 1/ Push the red button as you are riding to create a lap. Once you have loaded the data into the graph, drag the cursor under the x axis, and the lap summary will show the gradiant. 2/ You can find the gradient for any interval by right clicking on the graph and clicking on remove all selections. You will notice that the blue bar disappears from the x axis. Then drag the cursor underneath the x axis for the area you want. The software will draw a new blue bar. The gradient will be listed in the graph summary.

thanks,

That seemed to do the trick! I just hooked up the speed sensor tonight for the first time. Makes sense that you would need the distance to calculate the grade.