poser cyclists

GucciPucci said:
Not to get off topic...

...but WHERE does a cyclist stop shaving? I've done it for swimming, but yeah...
Usually just about even with the ears ... leave a little in the back of the neck, and stop short of the eyebrows ... but the rest is history ...

Ever see the first Deuce Bigalow???

kaikane said:
okay...but...like...where do you stop? shaving, that is....

Forearms stay a bit hairy. Again coming from a bodybuilding background shaving is a natural for me since the goal is to show off muscle definition. Doesn't take much time in the shower and avoids me from being mistaken for an ape. Ever try putting suntan lotion on a hairy chest?

capwater said:
Forearms stay a bit hairy. Again coming from a bodybuilding background shaving is a natural for me since the goal is to show off muscle definition. Doesn't take much time in the shower and avoids me from being mistaken for an ape. Ever try putting suntan lotion on a hairy chest?
ummm....i guess what i'm asking is.....ummm...how far up the leg does one shave? (geez, this is embarrassing) :eek:

kaikane said:
ummm....i guess what i'm asking is.....ummm...how far up the leg does one shave? (geez, this is embarrassing) :eek:
Just do whatever makes you feel comfortable. There is no set law, just stop or start where you feel its appropriate.

kaikane said:

All the way, mate! Even the forest around the giant sequoia needs some thinning every once in awhile. Shaving your rump is your own call......

capwater said:
All the way, mate! Even the forest around the giant sequoia needs some thinning every once in awhile. Shaving your rump is your own call......
:eek:
thanks for the info but i think i'll wait until i get to the point where i get a free massage after every ride. cheers!

The bottom line is...if you are passionate about riding, then f*** it. Whether you are a poser, poseur, whatever, life is too damn short to think about that stuff. If you (no one if particular) have time looking at someone as you are riding, then I challenge your heart. We all start somewhere...

vchu7105 said:
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Kazoo said:
If you call it suffering then you're a poser :p you never suffer on a bike, just too damn fun, i love to go out and enjoy myself for a few hours
Really??? Stick with it a little longer.... you'll discover suffering. I have SUFFERED on the bike. (Not to compare it to suffering in the hospital, etc.) And it took a lot longer than a few hours to get that way.

I actually think its cool that cycling has enough status that ANYONE would even want to "look the part."

Durangodave said:
Really??? Stick with it a little longer.... you'll discover suffering. I have SUFFERED on the bike. (Not to compare it to suffering in the hospital, etc.) And it took a lot longer than a few hours to get that way.

I actually think its cool that cycling has enough status that ANYONE would even want to "look the part."

If you haven't "suffered" you haven't experienced the joy of biking. Going out for 5 plus hours on a fast group ride is totally rewarding, but you know you've done some hard work too.

kaikane said:

I make sure to leave a "furkini". combined with a solid tan line it makes for a great look.

spacefuzz said:
I make sure to leave a "furkini". combined with a solid tan line it makes for a great look.
You know what they say?......If you want the house to look bigger.....Cut the lawn!!