PowerTap and 705 "variable rate recording"

pdr

Feb 1, 2010
I've been using my PT and 705 together with no problems on the road. When I try to import the data into PowerAgent 7.5 I get a consistant error message stating the data was recorded using a variable rate and therefore IF, TSS etc cannot be imported. Then the file fails to import. I can import just fine into Garmin Training Center. I've set the 705 to record data every second. Any thoughts?
Paul

pdr said:
I've been using my PT and 705 together with no problems on the road. When I try to import the data into PowerAgent 7.5 I get a consistant error message stating the data was recorded using a variable rate and therefore IF, TSS etc cannot be imported. Then the file fails to import. I can import just fine into Garmin Training Center. I've set the 705 to record data every second. Any thoughts?
Paul

Keep it set to one second recording. Just don't keep too many files on the actual garmin or it will fill up the memory. I always keep mine set to 1 second and never have issues.

batman220 said:
Keep it set to one second recording. Just don't keep too many files on the actual garmin or it will fill up the memory. I always keep mine set to 1 second and never have issues.

I delete the history routinely and don't store any rides. Saris is looking into the file now.
Paul

Saris support fixed this. Next version should clear up the problem.
Paul