Problems with SRM download to Cycling Peaks

matt1

Oct 3, 2004
I am having problems downloading from My SRM unit directly to the cycling peaks software. The erroe message I get is "An error has occured during download. No response determining baud rate"

I use the supplied SRM usb adaptor and it downloads fine into the SRM software.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem. The support from the software is proving to be quite slow in answering queries ( i have not got one response from them yet for the 2 questions I have sent them in the last 3 weeks)

I have been able to get PowerTap, Garmin Edge, iBike Pro and Polar to all interface with CP+. In the process of getting things set up, I have gotten that same type of error message too.

Sometimes just trying different port settings has done the trick. Otherwise, it was usually a process of making sure that the adapter was set up and was showing up and functioning properly in Device Manager in the Ports section. If not, it may be as simple a solution as doing a reinstall and making sure that you are following the proper sequence of software loading first, then plugging in your adapter, then connecting the device after everything else is in place.

Here's a typical install sequence, in this case for an Ergomo device:

I have a USB/Serial port adapter, but I still canÍt get the ergomo pro to talk to my PC.
1) There is a very specific ïorderÍ to plugging in the adapter in order to get it to talk to the PC and ErgoRacer.

a) Turn on your PC computer.

b) Plug in your USB/Serial Adapter.

c) Open ErgoRacer software

d) Confirm you have the correct Power Meter Port(Com port)

If you turn on ErgoRacer first and then plug in the USB/Serial Adapter, then itÍs likely it wonÍt find the adapter.

2) Some USB/Serial adapters will not work with some PC computers. Some customers will have to buy different USB adapters before they will find one that works with their Ergomo Pro and PC computer. If you are not able to get your ergomo pro to talk to the software, then it's possible that you need to buy a different USB/Serial adapter.

3) Do you have a PDA or phone or camera attached to your PC computer that is using the Com port?

IF so, itÍs possible that you need to unplug that, and then re-boot your PC to release the Com Port.

In extreme cases, you might have to actually ïdeleteÍ the Com Port, in order to get it to release. This is done in SETTINGS>CONTROL PANEL>SYSTEM>HARDWARE>DEVICE MANAGER

From there, this link from google may help: http://kinetic.com.au/support/srm/troubleshooting.shtml

Hope so anyway. ;)

There is a new SRM PCV firmware as well. And it is causing the "unable to determine baud rate" error. We should have a fix for this next week.

Hunter

matt1 said:
I am having problems downloading from My SRM unit directly to the cycling peaks software. The erroe message I get is "An error has occured during download. No response determining baud rate"

I use the supplied SRM usb adaptor and it downloads fine into the SRM software.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem. The support from the software is proving to be quite slow in answering queries ( i have not got one response from them yet for the 2 questions I have sent them in the last 3 weeks)