Question: Q Factor Adjustment for Pedal

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Chluu907, May 20, 2004.

  1. Chluu907

    Chluu907 Guest

    Hello,

    Is there a way to adjust the Q Factor for a Look PP397
    pedal? I'm trying to adjust the pedal so there is a greater
    distance from the center line of the bike. I've made the
    adjustment on the cleats to push it out further but I'm
    trying to achieve a greater distance. Is it safe to put a
    couple of small washers between the crankset and the pedal?
    Am I safer just purchasing a pair of Look CX6 which have an
    adjustable Q Factor? Would you guys have any recommendations
    for a pedal that has a long axle?

    Thanks, Claude [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. claud-<< s it safe to put a couple of small washers between
    the crankset and the pedal? Am I safer just purchasing a
    pair of Look CX6 which have an adjustable Q Factor? Would
    you guys have any recommendations for a pedal that has a
    long axle? >><BR><BR>

    Speedplay Zero or X series..that can be had with 1/8, 1/4,
    1/2 in longer axles.

    Boulder, CO, 80302
    costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  3. John Rees

    John Rees Guest

    "Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | claud-<< s it safe to put a couple of small washers
    | between the crankset and the pedal? Am I safer just
    | purchasing a
    pair
    | of Look CX6 which have an adjustable Q Factor? Would you
    | guys have any recommendations for a pedal that has a long
    | axle? >><BR><BR>
    |
    | Speedplay Zero or X series..that can be had with 1/8, 1/4,
    | 1/2 in longer
    axles.

    Also, before buying the CX6, make sure they are gonna get
    you anything when slid all the way out. It might end up
    being not much different than your existing pedals.

    Only way to know for sure is to hold PP396 next to a CX6
    pulled all the way out.