RANS thinner seat bottom

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jeff, Oct 26, 2003.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Has anyone tried the RANS Featherweight Seat Bottom? How does it compare in comfort to the original?

    Jeff

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (Jeff) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Has anyone tried the RANS Featherweight Seat Bottom? How does it compare in comfort to the
    > original?
    >
    > Jeff

    I tried it on a V2 Formula recently. This pad is much thinner and harder than the stock pad and I
    got the beginnings of recumbent butt after a 15 minute ride. For me this seat pad is
    unacceptable, YMMV.

    Zach Kaplan

  3. Don

    Don Guest

    For those few who might be interested: I tried it on a Bacchetta mesh seat. It will not fit. The
    horn is too long. I could also feel the front of the seat pan through the pad even with my legs on
    the pedals. My LBS thought it might be a way to lighten the Giro and put me closer to the ground. It
    does not work on the Bacchetta seat despite the similarities to the RANS. Don

    [email protected] (Zach Kaplan Cycles) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Jeff) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Has anyone tried the RANS Featherweight Seat Bottom? How does it compare in comfort to the
    > > original?
    > >
    > > Jeff
    >
    > I tried it on a V2 Formula recently. This pad is much thinner and harder than the stock pad and I
    > got the beginnings of recumbent butt after a 15 minute ride. For me this seat pad is
    > unacceptable, YMMV.
    >
    > Zach Kaplan

  4. Gene

    Gene Guest

    [email protected] (Jeff) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Jeff,

    My old Rans seat pad became compacted and my left leg would ache sometimes, so I bought one of
    the thinner ones to replace it. I have had no problems since. My only complaint is the price. The
    HS had it in their catalog and I think for a while on their web site for $30. They charged me $40
    + $9 for shipping. It does now show up at $40 on their web site.

    Gene