RANS thinner seat bottom

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jeff, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Has anyone tried the RANS Featherweight Seat Bottom? How does it compare in comfort to the original?

Jeff

Tags:

2. [email protected] (Jeff) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Has anyone tried the RANS Featherweight Seat Bottom? How does it compare in comfort to the
    > original?
    >
    > Jeff

I tried it on a V2 Formula recently. This pad is much thinner and harder than the stock pad and I
    got the beginnings of recumbent butt after a 15 minute ride. For me this seat pad is
    unacceptable, YMMV.

Zach Kaplan

3. Don

Don Guest

For those few who might be interested: I tried it on a Bacchetta mesh seat. It will not fit. The
    horn is too long. I could also feel the front of the seat pan through the pad even with my legs on
    the pedals. My LBS thought it might be a way to lighten the Giro and put me closer to the ground. It
    does not work on the Bacchetta seat despite the similarities to the RANS. Don

[email protected] (Zach Kaplan Cycles) wrote in message
    > [email protected] (Jeff) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Has anyone tried the RANS Featherweight Seat Bottom? How does it compare in comfort to the
    > > original?
    > >
    > > Jeff
    >
    > I tried it on a V2 Formula recently. This pad is much thinner and harder than the stock pad and I
    > got the beginnings of recumbent butt after a 15 minute ride. For me this seat pad is
    > unacceptable, YMMV.
    >
    > Zach Kaplan

4. Gene

Gene Guest

[email protected] (Jeff) wrote in message
    >
    > Jeff,

My old Rans seat pad became compacted and my left leg would ache sometimes, so I bought one of
    the thinner ones to replace it. I have had no problems since. My only complaint is the price. The
    HS had it in their catalog and I think for a while on their web site for $30. They charged me $40
    + $9 for shipping. It does now show up at $40 on their web site.

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.