RANS thinner seat bottom

Jeff

Guest
Has anyone tried the RANS Featherweight Seat Bottom? How does it compare in comfort to the original?

Jeff

[email protected] (Jeff) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Has anyone tried the RANS Featherweight Seat Bottom? How does it compare in comfort to the
> original?
>
> Jeff

I tried it on a V2 Formula recently. This pad is much thinner and harder than the stock pad and I
got the beginnings of recumbent butt after a 15 minute ride. For me this seat pad is
unacceptable, YMMV.

Zach Kaplan

For those few who might be interested: I tried it on a Bacchetta mesh seat. It will not fit. The
horn is too long. I could also feel the front of the seat pan through the pad even with my legs on
the pedals. My LBS thought it might be a way to lighten the Giro and put me closer to the ground. It
does not work on the Bacchetta seat despite the similarities to the RANS. Don

[email protected] (Zach Kaplan Cycles) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Jeff) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Has anyone tried the RANS Featherweight Seat Bottom? How does it compare in comfort to the
> > original?
> >
> > Jeff
>
> I tried it on a V2 Formula recently. This pad is much thinner and harder than the stock pad and I
> got the beginnings of recumbent butt after a 15 minute ride. For me this seat pad is
> unacceptable, YMMV.
>
> Zach Kaplan

[email protected] (Jeff) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Jeff,

My old Rans seat pad became compacted and my left leg would ache sometimes, so I bought one of
the thinner ones to replace it. I have had no problems since. My only complaint is the price. The
HS had it in their catalog and I think for a while on their web site for $30. They charged me $40
+ $9 for shipping. It does now show up at $40 on their web site.

Gene