Re: ANN:Night time off road ride this Thursday at Sherwood Forest.

publicenergy

Guest
Do you still do these? I've been night riding in Sherwood for the last
year and seldom see any other riders out there (other than the group
I'm with!).

For that matter, does anyone else do much night riding in the Sherwood
/ Clumber area?

publicenergy vaguely muttered something like ...
> Do you still do these? I've been night riding in Sherwood for the last
> year and seldom see any other riders out there (other than the group
> I'm with!).
>
> For that matter, does anyone else do much night riding in the Sherwood
> / Clumber area?

I have done, occasionally, with a group of friends.

Carburton is weird and really spooky at night, 'specially when it's a bit
misty at 4am and you've missed the others .. ;)

--
Paul ...
http://dogpoopblog.blogspot.com/

I know what you mean. There's a world of difference of being with at
least one other person and having the chance to talk and hear two bikes
moving compared to being on your own when you start to notice the other
noises in the woods :D

I still love night riding though - the trails are empty, it's so very
quiet and trails that you are bored with in the day time become new
again in the darkness :)

I don't think I've been out at 4AM on the bike before though, but I'm
planning on doing an all nighter at some point.