Re: Buckled wheel (I'm an idiot)

Tony Raven

Guest
Judith wrote:

> I'm loath to buy a new wheel as this is a Sturmey Archer hubbed wheel
> and I really don't want to spend much money on this bike. In the next
> year or two I want to buy a new bike and am trying not to "waste" bike
> money on my current one.

What size wheel is it? If its a 27" (guessing from the Sturmey Archer
bit) it might be difficult to find a decent new rim.

--
Tony

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought" Lord
Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers)

Tony Raven wrote:
> Judith wrote:
> >
> > I'm loath to buy a new wheel as this is a Sturmey Archer hubbed

wheel
> > and I really don't want to spend much money on this bike. In the

next
> > year or two I want to buy a new bike and am trying not to "waste"

bike
> > money on my current one.
> >

> What size wheel is it? If its a 27" (guessing from the Sturmey

Archer
> bit) it might be difficult to find a decent new rim.

No, I think it's a 26 x 1 3/8. (I bought a new inner tube last week
but have forgotten the size already).

I unlocked the shed yesterday, in order to get my bike out and see what
I could do to the wheel, and we had the most torrential thunder,
lightening and hail storm I've seen in ages..... so I left the bike in
the shed and still haven't looked at the wheel. I did check that my
spoke key fitted, however. It would seem that not all of my spokes
have the same size nipple, but I have five or six different sizes on
the spoke key so I should be able to do the job. (And I've printed out
some instuctions that someone posted here a few months/years ago.)

Judith