Re: Buckled wheel (I'm an idiot)

David Martin

Guest
On 7/5/05 6:42 pm, in article [email protected],
"Judith" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have ridden about 6 or 7 miles today, all on roads, and it feels OK
> so I guess I'll live with it as it is. The LBS charged £9.40 (which I
> was happy to pay to get my rickety old bike back on the road) and said
> that it would cost £25 for a new rim.

Seems like a fair job to me. They have you back on the road for a minimal
price. If I was you though, I'd be saving for a new wheel/bike.

...d

On Sat, 07 May 2005 21:32:41 +0100, David Martin
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> I have ridden about 6 or 7 miles today, all on roads, and it feels OK
>> so I guess I'll live with it as it is. The LBS charged £9.40 (which I
>> was happy to pay to get my rickety old bike back on the road) and said
>> that it would cost £25 for a new rim.

>Seems like a fair job to me. They have you back on the road for a minimal
>price. If I was you though, I'd be saving for a new wheel/bike.

Yes, I thought it was fair...... and I *am* saving for a bike but I'm
afraid it's only about 5th on the wish list :-(

Judith