Re: Buddhist Bicycle Jerseys

When I started on Usenet Earthlink had 300 customers and was running
from upstairs of a coffeehouse on Melrose ave. AoLers couldn't get to
the "real" internet and all the dot eeedoo guys were complaining that
the new breed of uninformed newbies from Netcom were going to be the
death of the internet. I've read more than my share of Usenet in that
9 years and Zaumen, I have to say that I also think you're wrong here.

Hellen/Kurt

[email protected] wrote:
> When I started on Usenet Earthlink had 300 customers and was running
> from upstairs of a coffeehouse on Melrose ave. AoLers couldn't get to
> the "real" internet and all the dot eeedoo guys were complaining that
> the new breed of uninformed newbies from Netcom were going to be the
> death of the internet. I've read more than my share of Usenet in that
> 9 years and Zaumen, I have to say that I also think you're wrong here.

Psst. She's talking to you, Bill Z.

Bill "Zee other Bill" S.

Bill Z. wrote:
> JimLane <[email protected]> writes:
>

>>A moron is a long way up the feeding chain from where you reside,
>>mentalmidget.

> Oooh. you really do have a problem, don't you.

Nah, it's minor compared to your inflated ego and insensitivity to your
own wrongheadedness.

jim

S o r n i wrote:

> JimLane wrote:
>
>>S o r n i wrote:

>>>I know you posted "Sorni writes:" followed by exactly NOTHING I
>>>wrote.
>>>
>>>My only mistake was pointing it out to you.
>>>
>>>Bill "you're right and we're all wrong" S.
>>>

>>Okay folks, just so billieboy the mentalmidget can get it. Please
>>place your vote (hopefully Billy will be able to add the results up
>>hisself):
>>
>>____ Sorni is right
>>
>>____ Billy is right

> Let's let it go.
>
> Bill "besides, everyone knows *I'm* right ;-) " S.

Done, he is the fencepost, after all, although I was thinking:

____ Sorni is right

____ Z is wrong

jim

i've been reading usenet since i got it via UUCP feeds to a sun 3/50 .. wait,
before that, since csd4 running digital ultrix or some such monstrosity.
X windows didn't even exist then. that would have been around 1985.

i've certainly read my share and i have to say ..

i don't give a **** who's right here. you guys sure can go on about nothing.
i am, however, very glad i admitted my mistake ..

here .. up front.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&th=a7cdff9ebd85cd4b&rnum=5
--
david reuteler
[email protected]

[email protected] (Bill Z.) writes:

> And it is obviously you three who have a real problem.

I'll hand it to you, Bill. In the years I've been on Usenet, you are
one of the best at avoiding getting a clue. A masterful performance
that is now smelling like overripe troll.

I've read the entire thread thus far, and I think both of your mothers
wear combat boots.

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 02:00:30 GMT, [email protected] (Bill
Z.) wrote:
>"S o r n i" <[email protected]> writes:
>> Bill "you're right and we're all wrong" S.

>The three or four of you are IMHO all being rediculous.

s/"three or four"/"four or five"/

I'd like to add myself to your "rediculous" list, please.

Sure glad I'm not ridiculous, though.
--
Rick Onanian

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 01:34:06 -0700, JimLane <[email protected]>
wrote:
>> JimLane wrote:
>>>Okay folks, just so billieboy the mentalmidget can get it. Please
>>>place your vote (hopefully Billy will be able to add the results up
>>>hisself):
>>>
>>>__X__ Sorni is right
>>>
>>>____ Billy is right

>Done, he is the fencepost, after all, although I was thinking:
>
>__X__ Sorni is right
>
>__X__ Z is wrong

Not only did I fill in the blanks, but I even went to the trouble of
deleting attributions that no longer had content in the message...
--
Rick "What, me fan the flames?" Onanian

Rick Onanian wrote:

>> __X__ Sorni is right
>>
>> __X__ Z is wrong

> Not only did I fill in the blanks, but I even went to the trouble of
> deleting attributions that no longer had content in the message...

Whaddya, NEW?!?

Bill "we'll have no more of that, young man" S.

Tim McNamara wrote:
> [email protected] (Bill Z.) writes:
>

>>And it is obviously you three who have a real problem.

> I'll hand it to you, Bill. In the years I've been on Usenet, you are
> one of the best at avoiding getting a clue. A masterful performance
> that is now smelling like overripe troll.

Zaumen's been this way as long as I can remember. And that's many, many
years.

--
-------------+
Frank Krygowski [To reply, omit what's between "at" and "cc"]

Bill Z, Sorni, JimLane, take a deep breath in. Then, let a deep breath out.

Exhale, and smile.

Breathe in, and relax; breathe out and smile.

This simple practice, taught by Thich Nhat Hanh in his book, Peace is Every
Step (http://tinyurl.com/3fmnz), will help you find the path to your true
self.

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

In article <lQJcc.86562$JO3.44558@attbi_s04>,
"Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> writes:
> Bill Z, Sorni, JimLane, take a deep breath in. Then, let a deep breath out.

> Exhale, and smile.
>
> Breathe in, and relax; breathe out and smile.
>
> This simple practice, taught by Thich Nhat Hanh in his book, Peace is Every
> Step (http://tinyurl.com/3fmnz), will help you find the path to your true
> self.

That's the basic pot smoking technique, too.

cheers,
Tom