Re: How many will boycott "The Dukes of Hazzard" because of the flag?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Peter H Proctor, Jul 25, 2005.

  1. y_p_w

    y_p_w Guest

    Scott Gardner wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:01:41 -0500, Peter H Proctor
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:25:39 -0400, WillBrink
    > ><WillBrink*NOSPAM*@Comcast.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I am going to boycott it 'cause it's going to suck.

    > >Sometimes the border between "silly" (i.e., funny) and "stupid" is
    > >pretty narrow. We shall see which it is... The cast is fairly
    > >promising.
    > >
    > >> Could care less about the flag.

    > > Interestingly, the original "Dukes" occasionally featured a
    > >black sheriff in the next county whose professionalism was played off
    > >agin' that of the local dumb white-boy LEO's.

    > I'd forgotten about Sheriff "Spike"! If I remember correctly, he
    > carried around a railroad spike, and at least once used it to tear the
    > door off a car. Badass mofo, indeed.

    I don't think that was it. The character was Sheriff Ed Little
    of "Chickasaw County" - AKA "Big Sheriff Little". He was played
    by Don Pedro Coley.

    <http://www.lucasfan.com/thx1138/little.jpg>

  2. y_p_w

    y_p_w Guest

    Scott Gardner wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:01:41 -0500, Peter H Proctor
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:25:39 -0400, WillBrink
    > ><WillBrink*NOSPAM*@Comcast.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I am going to boycott it 'cause it's going to suck.

    > >Sometimes the border between "silly" (i.e., funny) and "stupid" is
    > >pretty narrow. We shall see which it is... The cast is fairly
    > >promising.
    > >
    > >> Could care less about the flag.

    > > Interestingly, the original "Dukes" occasionally featured a
    > >black sheriff in the next county whose professionalism was played off
    > >agin' that of the local dumb white-boy LEO's.

    > I'd forgotten about Sheriff "Spike"! If I remember correctly, he
    > carried around a railroad spike, and at least once used it to tear the
    > door off a car. Badass mofo, indeed.

    I don't think that was it. The character was Sheriff Ed Little
    of "Chickasaw County" - AKA "Big Sheriff Little". He was played
    by Don Pedro Coley.

    <http://www.lucasfan.com/thx1138/little.jpg>

  3. y_p_w

    y_p_w Guest

    Scott Gardner wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:01:41 -0500, Peter H Proctor
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:25:39 -0400, WillBrink
    > ><WillBrink*NOSPAM*@Comcast.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I am going to boycott it 'cause it's going to suck.

    > >Sometimes the border between "silly" (i.e., funny) and "stupid" is
    > >pretty narrow. We shall see which it is... The cast is fairly
    > >promising.
    > >
    > >> Could care less about the flag.

    > > Interestingly, the original "Dukes" occasionally featured a
    > >black sheriff in the next county whose professionalism was played off
    > >agin' that of the local dumb white-boy LEO's.

    > I'd forgotten about Sheriff "Spike"! If I remember correctly, he
    > carried around a railroad spike, and at least once used it to tear the
    > door off a car. Badass mofo, indeed.

    I don't think that was it. The character was Sheriff Ed Little
    of "Chickasaw County" - AKA "Big Sheriff Little". He was played
    by Don Pedro Coley.

    <http://www.lucasfan.com/thx1138/little.jpg>

  4. y_p_w

    y_p_w Guest