Re: Tubeless Tire Conversion??

jack

> 1. Do tubeless tires really make a difference?
> 2. Is the "Stan's" system any good?
> 3. Has anybody used this system on WTB Speed Disc Rims?
> 4. How well do they really hold air.
> 5. notubes.com recommends not using CO2....that sucks. (this is a
> comment and not a question)
>
> Although I've never flatted on my current tubed tires, I'm thinking
> about giving tubeless a try.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>

> Peace,
> Bill
>

> The First law, Inertia: Unless acted upon by an outside force,
> a body at rest tends to stay at rest,
> and a body in motion tends to stay in motion.
> Sir Isaac Newton

Here's a cheap way to go tubeless. I've been using this system for a
couple years with no problem. I ride in areas with lots of thorns. This is
great for my big bike which has thru-axles for front and back.

http://www.nsmb.com/gear/tubeless_12_04.php

jack wrote:
> "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>1. Do tubeless tires really make a difference?
>>2. Is the "Stan's" system any good?
>>3. Has anybody used this system on WTB Speed Disc Rims?
>>4. How well do they really hold air.
>>5. notubes.com recommends not using CO2....that sucks. (this is a
>>comment and not a question)
>>
>>Although I've never flatted on my current tubed tires, I'm thinking
>>about giving tubeless a try.
>>
>>Any help would be much appreciated.
>>

>>Peace,
>>Bill
>>

>>The First law, Inertia: Unless acted upon by an outside force,
>>a body at rest tends to stay at rest,
>>and a body in motion tends to stay in motion.
>>Sir Isaac Newton

> Here's a cheap way to go tubeless. I've been using this system for a
> couple years with no problem. I ride in areas with lots of thorns. This is
> great for my big bike which has thru-axles for front and back.
>
> http://www.nsmb.com/gear/tubeless_12_04.php

Thanks for the link, it looks like it would be worth a try, even if it
is not for the #1 bike.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
remove "mydebt" to reply

jack wrote:
> "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>1. Do tubeless tires really make a difference?
>>2. Is the "Stan's" system any good?
>>3. Has anybody used this system on WTB Speed Disc Rims?
>>4. How well do they really hold air.
>>5. notubes.com recommends not using CO2....that sucks. (this is a
>>comment and not a question)
>>
>>Although I've never flatted on my current tubed tires, I'm thinking
>>about giving tubeless a try.
>>
>>Any help would be much appreciated.
>>

>>Peace,
>>Bill
>>

>>The First law, Inertia: Unless acted upon by an outside force,
>>a body at rest tends to stay at rest,
>>and a body in motion tends to stay in motion.
>>Sir Isaac Newton

> Here's a cheap way to go tubeless. I've been using this system for a
> couple years with no problem. I ride in areas with lots of thorns. This is
> great for my big bike which has thru-axles for front and back.
>
> http://www.nsmb.com/gear/tubeless_12_04.php

Thanks for the link, it looks like it would be worth a try, even if it
is not for the #1 bike.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
remove "mydebt" to reply

> > Here's a cheap way to go tubeless. I've been using this system for a
> > couple years with no problem. I ride in areas with lots of thorns.

This is
> > great for my big bike which has thru-axles for front and back.
> >
> > http://www.nsmb.com/gear/tubeless_12_04.php
> >

> Thanks for the link, it looks like it would be worth a try, even if it
> is not for the #1 bike.

The only real limiter is having access to compressed air. I bought a
portable air tank on sale from Sears for $15.

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:49:25 -1000, "jack" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> 1. Do tubeless tires really make a difference?
>> 2. Is the "Stan's" system any good?
>> 3. Has anybody used this system on WTB Speed Disc Rims?
>> 4. How well do they really hold air.
>> 5. notubes.com recommends not using CO2....that sucks. (this is a
>> comment and not a question)
>>
>> Although I've never flatted on my current tubed tires, I'm thinking
>> about giving tubeless a try.
>>
>> Any help would be much appreciated.
>>

>> Peace,
>> Bill
>>

>> The First law, Inertia: Unless acted upon by an outside force,
>> a body at rest tends to stay at rest,
>> and a body in motion tends to stay in motion.
>> Sir Isaac Newton

>Here's a cheap way to go tubeless. I've been using this system for a
>couple years with no problem. I ride in areas with lots of thorns. This is
>great for my big bike which has thru-axles for front and back.
>
>http://www.nsmb.com/gear/tubeless_12_04.php

Wow, very interesting...could be a great winter project.

Thanks,