Reader full of "Ignore Conversation" marks

Zilla

Guest
Ok folks, let's take the war, patriotism, terrorism discussions somewhere else please. 50% of the
articles in my news reader come up "Ignored" now. Let's just ride and talk about it!!!

--
- Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:25:25 -0500, Zilla wrote:
> Ok folks, let's take the war, patriotism, terrorism discussions somewhere else please. 50% of the
> articles in my news reader come up "Ignored" now. Let's just ride and talk about it!!!

That was my position a few days ago. But really, this IS an alt group with no charter, and there are
absolutely no rules. Secondly, this is what's foremost on the mind of many (probably most) readers.
Third, the weather's keeping a lot of us from riding much. So asking to stop is rather useless.

There is always r.b.o if you want serious content control. ;-)

> Ok folks, let's take the war, patriotism, terrorism discussions somewhere else please. 50% of the
> articles in my news reader come up "Ignored" now. Let's just ride and talk about it!!!
>
> --
> - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

As much as I'd love to accomidate you, these guys are the ones I want to talk to about it. If I want
to discuss this will middle aged overweight conservatives, I'll call Talk Back Live on CNN.
--
_________________________

"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ok folks, let's take the war, patriotism, terrorism discussions somewhere else please. 50% of the
> articles in my news reader come up "Ignored" now. Let's just ride and talk about it!!!
>
> --
> - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

Can't you configure your reader to NOT display messages that are ignored? Surely that'd solve the
problem. You'd never know that they had even existed so would it matter that they'd comprised 50% of
the newsgroup? Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
--
Westie

"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Ok folks, let's take the war, patriotism, terrorism discussions somewhere else please. 50% of the
> articles in my news reader come up "Ignored" now. Let's just ride and talk about it!!!

Trying to moderate an 'alt' newsgroup is like trying to herd cats.

-- The Ogre http://ogrehut.com

http://www.eds.com/advertising/advertising_tv_catherding.shtmlOn 30 Mar 2003 01:06:44 -0800,
[email protected] (Dennis Baker) scribbled:

>"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> Ok folks, let's take the war, patriotism, terrorism discussions somewhere else please. 50% of the
>> articles in my news reader come up "Ignored" now. Let's just ride and talk about it!!!
>
>Trying to moderate an 'alt' newsgroup is like trying to herd cats.
>
>-- The Ogre http://ogrehut.com

http://www.eds.com/advertising/advertising_tv_catherding.shtml

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"

- The Onion

"Dennis Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Ok folks, let's take the war, patriotism, terrorism discussions somewhere else please. 50% of
> > the articles in my news reader come up "Ignored" now. Let's just ride and talk about it!!!
>
> Trying to moderate an 'alt' newsgroup is like trying to herd cats.

Of course I've heard of cats. Heard of cows?
--
Westie

Slash <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> http://www.eds.com/advertising/advertising_tv_catherding.shtmlOn 30 Mar 2003 01:06:44 -0800,
> [email protected] (Dennis Baker) scribbled:
>
> >"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:<[email protected]>...
> >> Ok folks, let's take the war, patriotism, terrorism discussions somewhere else please. 50% of
> >> the articles in my news reader come up "Ignored" now. Let's just ride and talk about it!!!
> >
> >Trying to moderate an 'alt' newsgroup is like trying to herd cats.
> >
> >-- The Ogre http://ogrehut.com
>
> http://www.eds.com/advertising/advertising_tv_catherding.shtml
>
> -Slash

Ok, but you are going to have to pay for EDS to come in and coral all of the stray threads. While
you are at it have them take care of that loud mouthed sociopath from the Bay area as well.

-- The Ogre http://ogrehut.com

"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ok folks, let's take the war, patriotism, terrorism discussions somewhere else please. 50% of the
> articles in my news reader come up "Ignored" now. Let's just ride and talk about it!!!
>
> --
> - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

Well, well - who TF died and made you God Zilla?

Shaun aRe..........

The "God Zilla" part was really witty IMHO. I'm not moderating, just pleading!!!

--
- Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

> "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Ok folks, let's take the war, patriotism, terrorism discussions somewhere else please. 50% of
> > the articles in my news reader come up "Ignored" now. Let's just ride and talk about it!!!
> >
> > --
> > - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)
>
> Well, well - who TF died and made you God Zilla?
>

> Shaun aRe..........

Zilla <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The "God Zilla" part was really witty IMHO. I'm not moderating, just pleading!!!
>
> --
> - Zilla

Yes, I thought so too - only reason I posted it ',;~P```````

Shaun aRe - IDGAS if you wanna moan, see? Heheheheheh.............. ',;~}

"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Ok folks, let's take the war, patriotism, terrorism discussions somewhere else please. 50% of the
> articles in my news reader come up "Ignored" now. Let's just ride and talk about it!!!

What war?

/s