Rear rack on dual suspension MTB

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by RogerRabbit, May 27, 2003.

  1. RogerRabbit

    RogerRabbit Guest

    Is it possible to put a rear rack on dual suspension MTB If so who make the rack.

    Thanks

    Dan

    Tags:

  2. Mike Kruger

    Mike Kruger Guest

    > Is it possible to put a rear rack on dual suspension MTB If so who make the rack.

    Would a beam rack work for you? They won't hold as much, but they are convenient.

    The rei.com site has two Topeak ones listed, and I've included a URL below for one that has a quick
    release. They are also likely to be available at your local bike shop, which is where I got mine for
    a few bucks less.

    http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=4760568-
    5&parent_category_rn=4500850

  3. RogerRabbit

    RogerRabbit Guest

    Thanks

    On Wed, 28 May 2003 01:18:00 GMT, "Mike Kruger" <[email protected]> wrote:

    ><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Is it possible to put a rear rack on dual suspension MTB If so who make the rack.
    >>

    >Would a beam rack work for you? They won't hold as much, but they are convenient.
    >
    >The rei.com site has two Topeak ones listed, and I've included a URL below for one that has a quick
    >release. They are also likely to be available at your local bike shop, which is where I got mine
    >for a few bucks less.
    >
    >http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=476056-
    >85&parent_category_rn=4500850

  4. Andy Simpson

    Andy Simpson Guest

    "Mike Kruger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    <stuff>
    > The rei.com site has two Topeak ones listed, and I've included a URL below for one that has a
    > quick release. They are also likely to be available at your local bike shop, which is
    where
    > I got mine for a few bucks less.

    <more stuff>

    Old Man Mountain make racks which mount at the brake bosses and axle, so they work fine on rear
    suspension bikes: http://www.oldmanmountain.com/rear_rack_page.htm

    Andy