Regatta centre runners

LeojVS

Sep 27, 2005
:mad: STOP RUNNING ON THE BLOOMIN CYCLING TRACK!!!!! YOU HAVE YOUR OWN PATH TO RUN ON!!!!! :mad:

This ***** me no end. I was going round and round the other week, and there was a group of 4 running side by side, almost the full width of the cycling lane. The first time we passed, they didnt move, and I had to go around. The second time, I didnt move around as much, but they didnt move. I was annoyed. The third time past, I went straight ahead. Neither of us were going to move. Damn we came close! I have right of way, they have there own running path. They still were on the cycling track, but gave me a wide berth.

Anyone else have tyhis problem??

BTW, I do not have a prob with parents jogging beside there little tykes on there bikes. They move, and take up bugger all room, and are teaching their kiddly winks a great sport!

Shouldn't be to much of a problem if you were only doing the 15kph speed limit.

you know i have the same probs out at drummoyne on the bay run

alot of peeps will gladly moov for you but there is one species who have no intention of mooving

these peeps just want to cause you grief they know there in the wrong

my advice is to hold your line its your right

joggers in really stupid shorts jogging with other joggers in really stupid shorts

probably gay.....................................

and another thing 15
schmifteen

that rule is not enforceable under australian road rules

im all for safety and community but not when we have compromise our right to be on the track

Jaytown,

I'm not entirely sure bikers want to start a sledging war with runners (or anybody else for that matter) over the appearance of their shorts specifically or attire generally.

Lately I've been venturing into the morning air looking like a cross between Morse of the Antarctic and Robin Hood

Mc

not wanting to create any economic sanctions to the running sanctions

i am specifically talking about the running community at large who feel it is there alienable right
i think they have a un resolution somewhere that says

im running in my little panties and ill run in your cycling lane

im making the point that

in a bus lane a bus has rights

in a transit lane a car with passengers in it has rights

so de we

by no means am i trying to diss those who run and abide by rules you guys are cool no doubt

but you cant deny there is the species of human i mentioned

sorry if caused offence to anyone who runs in little panties and abides by rules on a bycycle lane

Jeytown said:
you know i have the same probs out at drummoyne on the bay run
This one is really stupid, the drummoyne paths are so clearly marked as peds and bikes. I just use the road, except for the bit past Leichardt pool.

Jeytown said:
probably gay.....................................
Nah, no enough style.

actually MIKEBYTESME

there is two definate lanes

one for runners

one for cyclists

so what you ride on the road.......................
all power to you that road is small enough with two lanes
try your luck on any night and see the fun youll have with a alfa or some other wannabe in a ****** euro car
they love cyclists on the road instead of being on the cycle path that was provided to you....................................

how about you look at the bloody sign before you call me stupid .................

on the left walkers and runners

and cyclists get the others

yes i admit there sections which are dedicated to road and i use those

but why for the love of beryl would i want to travel on the whole section of henly marine

and i suppose i should use the citiwest link to get to apia club

yep sounds like a good idea

just to show everyone im a inconsiderate armstrong wannabe

muchlike yourself

and my reference to runners being gay is a referance to a piece of graffitti that exists past drummoyne rowers that says

runclub is gay

ipso facto runners that where shorts that are clearly innapropriate for daytime wear as far as im concerned GAY

PAH

LeojVS said:
:mad: STOP RUNNING ON THE BLOOMIN CYCLING TRACK!!!!! YOU HAVE YOUR OWN PATH TO RUN ON!!!!! :mad:

This ***** me no end. I was going round and round the other week, and there was a group of 4 running side by side, almost the full width of the cycling lane. The first time we passed, they didnt move, and I had to go around. The second time, I didnt move around as much, but they didnt move. I was annoyed. The third time past, I went straight ahead. Neither of us were going to move. Damn we came close! I have right of way, they have there own running path. They still were on the cycling track, but gave me a wide berth.

Anyone else have tyhis problem??

BTW, I do not have a prob with parents jogging beside there little tykes on there bikes. They move, and take up bugger all room, and are teaching their kiddly winks a great sport!
The next time you encounter runners on the track, simply call out "TRACK" when you are about 5+ seconds away from passing them ... they should move over unless they are completely clueless ... and then, you will have every right to admonish them as you pass.

BTW. If they don't move over, then on the next pass, consider using a very loud compressed air horn ... call "TRACK" as before, but blow the air horn just before passing them ... repeat-as-necessary until the Pavlovian response you desire is achieved!

thank you alfeng

ahh pavlovs dog

i actually like what eddie izzard had to say about this theory

The last of his three live shows I've seen is 'Definite Article' with the highlight being the explanation of Pavlov's cat theory. He starts by explaining Pavlov's dog theory and we are told how Pavlov's first name is Gareth and that he is Welsh. Pavlov we hear won the nobel cats prize for dogs with his experiment. However, no one published Pavlovs cat theory. All in a welsh accent this is how it goes -

day 1 - ring bell...cat f*cks off. very disappointing.
day 2 - ring bell...cat says he's eaten earlier. very disappointing
day 3 - ring bell...cat answers door! very disappointing
day 4 - go to ring bell but cat has removed batteries! very disappointing.
final day, day 5 - replace batteries and go to ring bell. cat puts paw on bell. cat rings own bell! I eat food.

ABSOLUTELY FU*CKING HILARIOUS! if you havent laughed once then either you havent seen it (in which case buy it) or have no sense of humour.

This isnt a sledging match. This isnt aimed at anyone, just a reminder. It was a topic simply to vent, and ask if others have a problem with people running on a cycle way, when they have a running track (imagine the carnage if we cycled on the running track..) So, if someone writes something you dont like, PM them, or dont bite back.

Keep it friendly.... :D

leo

heres the problem with a forum in the electronic world of democracy

person a submits a thread

someone posts a reply

and this goes on and on till the thread is over

i make no apologies for my replies there not meant to intimidate but if someone is going to make a comment on someone elses thoughts or quotes

you have got to be out of your mind that people will not reply or pm to explain there point of view

hahahahahahaha

once again not my intention to cause grief

im sure mcbytes is big enough and ugly enough to take the sledge

im happy if someone sledges me

its the internet

viva la freedom

Jeytown said:
actually MIKEBYTESME

there is two definate lanes

one for runners

one for cyclists

so what you ride on the road.......................
all power to you that road is small enough with two lanes
try your luck on any night and see the fun youll have with a alfa or some other wannabe in a ****** euro car
they love cyclists on the road instead of being on the cycle path that was provided to you....................................

how about you look at the bloody sign before you call me stupid .................

on the left walkers and runners

and cyclists get the others

yes i admit there sections which are dedicated to road and i use those

but why for the love of beryl would i want to travel on the whole section of henly marine

and i suppose i should use the citiwest link to get to apia club

yep sounds like a good idea

just to show everyone im a inconsiderate armstrong wannabe

muchlike yourself

and my reference to runners being gay is a referance to a piece of graffitti that exists past drummoyne rowers that says

runclub is gay

ipso facto runners that where shorts that are clearly innapropriate for daytime wear as far as im concerned GAY

PAH
Jaytown, riding on the rode is fine, providing you keep a pace of 50K+ (except for the roundabouts)
tongue.gif
. On the path. have got to watch out for those 45kg female runners at night, wearing black to make themselves look thiner. I agree about not riding on the city west link, I ride slowely along the path on that part, which is a shared path, so the walkers and joggers have the right to be on that particular parth, as do ours. Anyway this is Leo's thread and we haven't answered his question
mad.gif