General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Restaurant Rules

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 84 posts · 1,677 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
17 January 2006
Last activity
10 February 2006
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
84
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,677
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 81–84 of 84
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Blair P. Houghton said:
    Dave Smith said:

    It depends on how well they learn to milk the system. I knew a family that was on welfare.
    They lived in a relatively new house, had two cars, everyone in the family had their own
    computer and the best internet service available at the time. About 10 years ago my house
    was broken into, but the kids were caught. The kid who was driving the getaway car came
    from a welfare family. He was 17 and had his own car.

    And I know a leprechaun that gives you three wishes if you let him go.

    See how easy it is to make things up?

    Apparently it's also pretty easy for you to be an ass.

  2. Dave Smith said:
    Blair P. Houghton said:
    Dave Smith said:

    It depends on how well they learn to milk the system. I knew a family that was on welfare.
    They lived in a relatively new house, had two cars, everyone in the family had their own
    computer and the best internet service available at the time. About 10 years ago my house
    was broken into, but the kids were caught. The kid who was driving the getaway car came
    from a welfare family. He was 17 and had his own car.

    And I know a leprechaun that gives you three wishes if you let him go.

    See how easy it is to make things up?

    Apparently it's also pretty easy for you to be an ass.

    You're making things up again.

    You have no evidence they were on welfare, and quite a bit of evidence
    that they weren't (hint: they had a lot of stuff).

  3. Blair P. Houghton said:

    Sheldon wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Seems to me you're the one needs to prove your point, obviously you
    can't because you didn't. You're all keyboard.

    Quoted message said:

    You're the one claiming everyone has a choice in a country where it's
    clear there's a concerted effort to victimize and marginalize the poor.

    Quoted message said:

    I bet you're one of those toads who thinks that everyone on welfare is
    just a deadbeat.

    Oh god. I hope I'm not too late, but DON'T GET SHELDON STARTED ON
    WELFARE. The last time I read his posts about it he claimed that every
    time he went to the grocery store he stood behind some large black
    female "welfare queen" who was "dripping" (his word) with furs and
    jewels because they take advantage of the system. They also drive
    luxury cars.
    My two-word summary is infinitely less painful than reading Sheldon's
    version.

    Stacia

  4. I'll second that.

    I have volunteered at a Salvation Army kitchen here in
    Phoenix, AZ. At the main kitchen is the family only dinner
    hall. The kitchen also prepares all the meals for the
    "satellite" dinner halls and they get shipped out in
    insulated containers.

    They only get one meal per day there. It's dinner and it's
    all you can eat. Meat, starch, vegetables is the daily
    requirement. One gentleman joked with a diner that we were
    all out. He was asked to leave the facility immediately,
    thats how seriously the job was taken.

    Best thing I learned there was to cook for yourself. At
    least one person will like what your making. Another thing I
    learned was the value of EVERYTHING I took for granted.

    Got me thinking I need to do some more work over there. It
    is truly satisfying and it is the largest kitchen in the state.

    Bart D. Hull
    [email hidden]
    Tempe, Arizona

    Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
    for my Subaru Engine Conversion
    Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
    for Tango II I'm building.

    Remove -nospam to reply via email.

    Blair P. Houghton said:

    Sheldon lied:

    Quoted message said:

    In the US anyone goes hungry it's because it's their choice...

    False. Do some research and learn something true before posting again.

    --Blair

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.