Rider Transfers

musette said:
Disregarding people's cynicism, here are potential candidates for the Astana Tour team of nine:

Alberto Contador
(Lance Armstrong)
(Chris Horner)
Andreas Kloden
Levi Leipheimer
Benjamin Noval
Yaroslav Popovych
(Jose Luis Rubiera)
(Tomas Vaitkus)
Haimar Zubeldia
(Probably one Kazak rider)

Wow, what a star-filled team! :p :cool:
You forgot Vinokourov. Here's a what they've been saying in Astana (google translation):
http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2esports%2ekz%2fnews%2ephp%3fid%3d0000003474%26type%3dmain%26st%3d0000000026

UCI demands that Vino confesses (which he surely won't). The Kazakhstan Cycling Federation is of course behind Vino, and I cannot see how the UCI can stop him from returning.

Bro Deal said:
Armstrong is gathering the riders the used to race with for a reason. He watns to trust as few new people as possible. The riders he used on Postal and Disco already know the details of the team doping program, so there is no more risk of them blabbing than there already is. It is a clear sign that he intends to ride the Giro doped to the eyeballs.
I had the same thought when I heard that Popo was back in the doping house!
Lance has already bought the silence of all those boys.
Very easy to connect the dots and Bruyeneel's interview has confirmed that the ducks are in a row (not sure if it's the perfect idioms) .

Bro Deal said:
Armstrong is gathering the riders the used to race with for a reason. He watns to trust as few new people as possible. The riders he used on Postal and Disco already know the details of the team doping program, so there is no more risk of them blabbing than there already is. It is a clear sign that he intends to ride the Giro doped to the eyeballs.
This is a concern. Armstrong's doping aside if the entire team is on a program then they are going to smash the opposition especially now when there are some clean teams out there. It’s going to be one boring Tour. In effect an Astana team time trial from start to end.

If one team does dope a lot and starts winning everything then it would be nice if someone worked out what they were doing and managed to catch them all:D

Anticyclone said:
If one team does dope a lot and starts winning everything then it would be nice if someone worked out what they were doing and managed to catch them all:D
Problem being that if one team dopes the others start to dope again because they a forced to in the attempt to just keep up.

Teams do not have to follow the slippery slope if they perceive other teams are doping. If a team feels like it has to dope because it sees another team as diong so, that is a cop-out for the first team. :cool:

Also, a team's perception another team is doping can be mistaken. The other team could just be doing better because the DS is more capable (including at recruiting riders and spotting talent), the team more unified, the equipment better developed and the riders more talented. :)

musette said:
Also, a team's perception another team is doping can be mistaken. The other team could just be doing better because the DS is more capable (including at recruiting riders and spotting talent), the team more unified, the equipment better developed and the riders more talented. :)
And they could be spinning a faster cadence!:D Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Good point.
And have riders with better tolerance for lactic acid, or more lung capacity.

musette said:
Good point.
I think you are a female George W. Bush.

You, like GWB, take the approach of: if you say a lie enough, it starts to become true.

In addition, you, like GWB, have an IQ of about 30.

musette said:
Good point.
The same kind of studies like done by Dr. Coyle?

Don't believe the myths sold by Armstong and his propaganda team.
Look he or it was said that he was a freakin guy but he has only a poor 85VO2 like Bassons and 10 points behind Lemond, Hinault and Mottet.
We know now that Lance never changes his physiology after his testicular cancer resulting of steroid abuse. Dr Coyle was blamed for his false study.

Lance has probably a good tolerance for lactic acid, but we want to see a comparaison of his abilities with those of real champion like Hinault, Lemond.
If the measurement can be influenced by doping that must be controled!