RockShox Mag 21 V-brake studs

wksavage

New Member
Mar 22, 2004
Anyone have an idea how to find brake studs for Mag21 forks? I have an old Trek 8700 carbon fiber frame that i was told shouldn't have forks with more than 60 mm travel. So in an effort to keep those forks I am in search of brake studs. Help? INcluding any ideas on how to special order from RockShox... Thanks, wesley

wksavage <[email protected]> wrote:
> Anyone have an idea how to find brake studs for Mag21
> forks? I have an old Trek 8700 carbon fiber frame that i
> was told shouldn't have forks with more than 60 mm travel.
> So in an effort to keep those forks I am in search of
> brake studs. Help? INcluding any ideas on how to special
> order from RockShox... Thanks, wesley

Write and ask 'em. Seriously.
http://www.sram.com/about/contact.asp They may want to force
you to go through a local distributor, usually a bike shop
of some sort and that wouldn't be all bad either.

Btw: SRAM owns RS, just in case ya didn't know

Tom

"tcmedara" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<r8M7c.188$oH2.29@lakeread01>...
> wksavage <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Anyone have an idea how to find brake studs for Mag21
> > forks? I have an old Trek 8700 carbon fiber frame that i
> > was told shouldn't have forks with more than 60 mm
> > travel. So in an effort to keep those forks I am in
> > search of brake studs. Help? INcluding any ideas on how
> > to special order from RockShox... Thanks, wesley
>
> Write and ask 'em. Seriously.
> http://www.sram.com/about/contact.asp They may want
> to force you to go through a local distributor,
> usually a bike shop of some sort and that wouldn't be
> all bad either.
>
> Btw: SRAM owns RS, just in case ya didn't know
>
> Tom

Have you tried a newer RS model's brake studs? I'm trying to
imagine why they would have redesigned and it's hard to
think of a reason... Otherwise, I'd ask around the more pack-
ratty LBS. One of the places where the guy saves spoke
nipples from old wheels. Those little steel studs aren't
something I'd be overly concerned with as far as wear
goes.... /s

Retire that dame thing. Even my 4 NOLEEN Cross Links are
super to that there RS. There are a few other and better 60
mm shocks ot there.

I MTB 2004

In article <[email protected]>,
crazy6r54 @webtv.net says...
> Retire that dame thing. Even my 4 NOLEEN
> Cross Links are super to that there RS.
> There are a few other and better 60 mm
> shocks ot there.
>
> I MTB 2004

It would be somewhat ironic however if RS could get you
parts for this fork when they can't find anything to
repair a 3 year old SID. Might be worth a laugh to call
and find out.
--
Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-